I might have to break up with my new girl over this “opening the car door” thing

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
DISCLAIMER:* I’m a gentleman by nature and have no problem opening the doors to any place/building/domicile.

Okay, here's the deal.* I’m finally over my old chick and I got a new girl.* COOL.* I like ol' girl,i really do.* but I HATE HAVING TO OPEN THE CAR DOOR FOR HER EVERY TIME WE GO SOMEWHERE!! :damn:

It all started on our first date, I went to my car door and she says “So… you’re not going to open my door for me?”* I thought to myself “Oh you’re one of THOSE aren’t you?”* But I did it.* Why?* Because f*ck it, it was a date and I was still in impress mode.

FAST FORWARD

We go on a few more dates and she keeps it up.* I forget all the time but realize when I go to my door and she’s just standing there that I need to open the door.* FINE.* Not the biggest deal in the world.* But here’s the kicker.* So we’re going to the park for a picnic one day and I open the door and all that, we BOTH get in the car, and she runs back in the house because she forgot something.* She comes back to the door and stands outside.* WTF!?!?* :damn:* So I unbuckle my seatbelt, get out, walk to her side and open the door.* All while giving her the :rudy: face.* All she does is give me a lil girlish smile and mouth “sorry”

FFx2

So we’ve been dating for a few months and she keeps this shyt up.* I had no plans for a relationship so I was like :yeshrug:.* But then at some point things got kinda serious.* FINE.* So now I find myself in a relationship and opening the door ALL THE TIME.* It irritates me because its not an expression of love.* Its just a silly act.* Like we could just be going to the gym or something and she’ll expect me to open her damn door.*

PROBLEM: * Ol’ girl wants me to open the door for her to get in the car.* And open it for her when we get out.* EVERYTIME, no exceptions.

MY STEPS TOWARD A SOLUTION: * I brought it up when we were having a serious conversation about the relationship.* I told her I don’t like doing it and I don’t see the point.* Her response “But if you know it makes me happy why not just do it?”* My retort “Because it’s silly and nobody else does this.* Your mom and dad are happily married and your mom opens her own damn car door!”* I dropped it after that cause it was her bday and I didn’t want to sour the mood.

MY COMPROMISE: * I’ve asked to do it only on dates and stated that I should do it by my own accord.

How can I fix this situation brehs?* Its minor but I can see it driving me crazy enough to breakup with her later on.* Am I screwed?* I feel like its still early enough in the relationship for me to temper any expectations.* I asked my homegirl and she was like “You should do it because it makes her happy.”* :rudy:* fukk that.* I’m an adult and I believe in compromise and reciprocity.* I don’t ask her to do anything out of the ordinary to make me happy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Never compromise.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
images

1975577396_b86830f0f4.jpg

NUPE 1911

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SMH. This has got to be a troll post. I just can't believe this. Sometimes you have to be an ass or people (women) just wont respect you.

I'd probably just roll the window down as she stood outside and be like "well, if you are not trying to get in the car I am just gonna meet my boys at the bar, sporting event, party, whatever..." then drive off.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
*reads thread... turns down "This Can't Be Life" by Jay-Z to respond*

Breh you need to tell her that if she wants a man to open a door for her EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN TIME then she should start sitting at the bus stop... I'm pretty sure the bus driver will open the door for her everytime if she got correct bus fair in hand.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
It's funny because just last week this female I know says she broke up with a dude over the same issue.

You dating a bus driver Mr. Coffee? :mjpls:

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
reminds me of my boy in college, his girlfriend at that time demanded he open the door for her, and told him he couldnt watch sports when she was around:wtf:
needless to say it didnt last too long lol. I dont mind opening the door if we're going into a building or something but a car is just gassed. cosign about if she's that demanding she better be coming over and washing your drawers and keeping u well fed if she wants u to play the role.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Next time she does it, just drive away. :manny:

If she doesn't want to open the car door, then she doesn't want to go wherever it is you're going.

cosign, I open the car door occasionally for my girl and what I mean by that is like 1-2 times a month

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
got dayum...

the fukk is wrong with y'all?

me and my girl are geeks. say we're going into a building, i'll usually open the first door and she'll open the second door for me and we'll exchange smiles like fukking nerds.

or sometimes she'll just hold the door for me if she gets to it first and when i get there i just hold it and let her go in first.

to the threadstarter: she's treating you like a pet. she has you trained. i wish a chick would do try that shyt on me...

Sansprix

Around the way girl.
Daps
Reppin
[ First Lady of TBM ]
This is the approach I'm gonna take and makes the most sense at this point. All she can do is accept it or we're done. either way, :manny:

Honestly, if this is such a big issue to her that she would be willing to end it because you wouldn't open her car door when she has 2 hands, then maybe it's better that ya end it now instead of later on down the road.

You tried to compromise with her in saying that you would do it on dates, or whenever it come out of you naturally.....but she wouldn't budge.

It's time to put ya foot down, and if she don't like it.....kick rocks bytch.

Edit: As a chick, I like chivalry.....but I'm not disabled or think any less of my man if he doesn't open every single door for me every single time we are together. That's lame to me. I appreciate when he opens my doors, but I won't penalize him when he doesn't.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
This is for you OP.(skip to 1:20)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdoQan05O-Y&feature=relmfu"]Tariq Nasheed: The End Of Chivalry - YouTube[/ame]

Waka FICO Flamez

Bricksquad Monopoly
Daps
This a real simple solution. Next time you going somewhere hop in the car and while she is standing there waiting for you to come open the door for her, roll that passenger window down and in ya most authoritative , masculine, big d1ck voice you can muster tell her to "Get in the fcking car". Watch that shock of reality hit her system give her 5 min to let it settle and don't say anything to her no matter what she says.......

just keep staring at ya dash like or be in ya phone like you aint did sh1t. If she aint in the car by 5 min. Peel off.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
This is unacceptable, next thing you know she will stand by the toilet waiting for you to get her the toilet paper...WET it and wipe :childplease:

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
got dayum...

me and my girl are geeks. say we're going into a building, i'll usually open the first door and she'll open the second door for me and we'll exchange smiles like fukking nerds.

or sometimes she'll just hold the door for me if she gets to it first and when i get there i just hold it and let her go in first.

to the threadstarter: she's treating you like a pet. she has you trained. i wish a chick would do try that shyt on me...

You already sound trained.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
got dayum...

what kinda corny shyt is this :weirdo:
she also has you trained