I might have to break up with my new girl over this “opening the car door” thing

concise

Veteran
Daps
DISCLAIMER:* I’m a gentleman by nature and have no problem opening the doors to any place/building/domicile.

Okay, here's the deal.* I’m finally over my old chick and I got a new girl.* COOL.* I like ol' girl,i really do.* but I HATE HAVING TO OPEN THE CAR DOOR FOR HER EVERY TIME WE GO SOMEWHERE!! :damn:

It all started on our first date, I went to my car door and she says “So… you’re not going to open my door for me?”* I thought to myself “Oh you’re one of THOSE aren’t you?”* But I did it.* Why?* Because f*ck it, it was a date and I was still in impress mode.

FAST FORWARD

We go on a few more dates and she keeps it up.* I forget all the time but realize when I go to my door and she’s just standing there that I need to open the door.* FINE.* Not the biggest deal in the world.* But here’s the kicker.* So we’re going to the park for a picnic one day and I open the door and all that, we BOTH get in the car, and she runs back in the house because she forgot something.* She comes back to the door and stands outside.* WTF!?!?* :damn:* So I unbuckle my seatbelt, get out, walk to her side and open the door.* All while giving her the :rudy: face.* All she does is give me a lil girlish smile and mouth “sorry”

FFx2

So we’ve been dating for a few months and she keeps this shyt up.* I had no plans for a relationship so I was like :yeshrug:.* But then at some point things got kinda serious.* FINE.* So now I find myself in a relationship and opening the door ALL THE TIME.* It irritates me because its not an expression of love.* Its just a silly act.* Like we could just be going to the gym or something and she’ll expect me to open her damn door.*

PROBLEM: * Ol’ girl wants me to open the door for her to get in the car.* And open it for her when we get out.* EVERYTIME, no exceptions.

MY STEPS TOWARD A SOLUTION: * I brought it up when we were having a serious conversation about the relationship.* I told her I don’t like doing it and I don’t see the point.* Her response “But if you know it makes me happy why not just do it?”* My retort “Because it’s silly and nobody else does this.* Your mom and dad are happily married and your mom opens her own damn car door!”* I dropped it after that cause it was her bday and I didn’t want to sour the mood.

MY COMPROMISE: * I’ve asked to do it only on dates and stated that I should do it by my own accord.

How can I fix this situation brehs?* Its minor but I can see it driving me crazy enough to breakup with her later on.* Am I screwed?* I feel like its still early enough in the relationship for me to temper any expectations.* I asked my homegirl and she was like “You should do it because it makes her happy.”* :rudy:* fukk that.* I’m an adult and I believe in compromise and reciprocity.* I don’t ask her to do anything out of the ordinary to make me happy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

As long you're with her, you will be opening the doors.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Lol, I can see this dude and his girl robbing a bank, and getting caught because his royal simpness has to open this chick's door during the damn getaway!

Son, you gotta dead this now, or.... man, screw that. You just have to dead this NOW.

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
How you start with a female is gonna set the tone for the whole relationship fam. I've actually been asked that bs before on a first date. I calmly told the broad on some Neo in the Matrix shyt...."no", proceeded on with our evening and smashed the 2nd time we got together. She never stepped to me with that hogwash again. After that it was full cooperation. She was testing you and you failed homie.

Doctor Gonzo

Head full of acid
Daps
How you start with a female is gonna set the tone for the whole relationship fam. I've actually been asked that bs before on a first date. I calmly told the broad on some Neo in the Matrix shyt...."no", proceeded on with our evening and smashed the 2nd time we got together. She never stepped to me with that hogwash again. After that it was full cooperation. She was testing you and you failed homie.

the-matrix_l.jpg

:lolbron:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
For me personally it depends on the quality of p*ssy. If the sex is really good then I don't mind opening her car door everytime. It's a small price to pay for being able to cum inside such a tight p*ssy.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
i open the door for my chick to get in the car. but i aint got no clicky thing to unlock all the doors but when i pick her up fro, her crib she open her own door

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
That's a lot of "testing". If she's laid back otherwise and has one weird thing, I'd say just indulge it,though doing it on dates only is more than reasonable. If she's not darn near perfect in most other ways, move on (or pretend to so she can let it go).

I didn't read the rest of the thread. I assume you've asked her why she has such strong feelings about it?

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

:russ: :myman: :cheers:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
UPDATE: I had the tough convo with her. She was mad, but she agreed.

"I just feel like I'm the only one that has to compromise here."
"I mean it's the only thing I ask. The ONLY thing."
"Ok, whatever... You don't have to open the door for me ever again."

:mjpls:

I'm keepin watch tho. So far so good. Women have a tendency of holding stuff like this against you in the future. She definitely didn't understand WHY I didn't want to do it so we're at odds on the issue. But she's gonna comply. I was honestly prepared to end it if she just couldn't adjust. :manny:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
UPDATE: I had the tough convo with her. She was mad, but she agreed.

"I just feel like I'm the only one that has to compromise here."
"I mean it's the only thing I ask. The ONLY thing."
"Ok, whatever... You don't have to open the door for me ever again."

:mjpls:

I'm keepin watch tho. So far so good. Women have a tendency of holding stuff like this against you in the future. She definitely didn't understand WHY I didn't want to do it so we're at odds on the issue. But she's gonna comply. I was honestly prepared to end it if she just couldn't adjust. :manny:

You probably answered this already but...is she even good looking? If my girlfriend looked like Kim Kardashian then I wouldn't make it (opening doors) a big deal honestly.