I might have to break up with my new girl over this “opening the car door” thing

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
How you start with a female is gonna set the tone for the whole relationship fam. I've actually been asked that bs before on a first date. I calmly told the broad on some Neo in the Matrix shyt...."no", proceeded on with our evening and smashed the 2nd time we got together. She never stepped to me with that hogwash again. After that it was full cooperation. She was testing you and you failed homie.

OP and the girl are in a power struggle. It is a stupid waste of time. Find a woman who suits you without extensive training and behavioral modification by EITHER PERSON.

--> aq out <--

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
There is no good reason for opening the car door. It's not just a pointless act, it's counterproductive...

Well...
She should be with a man who opens car doors. He should be with someone who opens her own car door. It is just a bad fit. Neither preference is wrong/right.

Ex:
I dated a guy who was in the habit of ordering for his date/sis/female companion/mom when out at restaurants. He would relay my order to the waiter. I didn't have to interact with the waiter at all. Waiters thought it was odd. I got in the habit of giving HIM all of my attention when we ate out. *shrug* whatev. I did not care. (When she visited town, he took MY MOM out for a meal. My mom felted catered to by him.)

--> aq out <--

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
There&#8217;s a fine line being simpery/excess courtship and chivalry.

Guys think the former is always being committed (so they tread cautiously)&#8230;

And (some) women think the latter is dead (so that &#8220;some&#8221; category are actually looking for a man who treats them like a lady &#8211; so long as they carry themselves as such).

But by the end of the day, the first few months, to show a good gesture &#8211; it&#8217;s okay to change clothes, go and open the door for the beighb to show her that you was raised with colloquial standards. Nowadays, everybody does the hi-rate speed date, hook up from dating site/social media network and call it good after a few dates.

Well, some people want to find more depth in their relationships and seek for a long term partner. How realistic that is? Depends on the person and what stage they be at in they own lives. Dig?

I now have a woman who exudes &#8220;mademoiselle, lady-like&#8221; qualities and I&#8217;m gonna treat her that way. She&#8217;s old school cuz her momma, being an immigrant from the Nordic track, brought unto her daughter those same ideologies (and me, being a first generation colored person, momma done taught me the same = so the progression/treatment is natural. *in percy Miller voice* &#8220;Momma done RAISED MEH!&#8221;).

But for serious like satellite radio&#8230; you treat women the way they want to be treated. And to be frank without the beans, in the grand stay scheming of things, she ain&#8217;t really axe for much. But being the gentleman I is, I realize that keys open doors and me swinging the gates of the whip to see her legs go out first when she&#8217;s rockin the freak&#8217;um dress is just a nice visual and I please don&#8217;t mind doing it.

When you gaze deep into a female specimen companion&#8217;s eyes and there&#8217;s no haze or shade of ratchetedness &#8211; from that point on, as a man, you have the power to determine if she&#8217;s worth it. L&#8217;Oreal.

Don&#8217;t break up with her because of something this trivial, especially if she&#8217;s the beauty to your beast.

So when you become the east coasted version of Grey Hova, and you&#8217;re with some random scallywag mchag who ain&#8217;t treated you right like a Dairy Queen jumpoff, you&#8217;re going to be wondering about the one that got away &#8211; because your ass because some damn ratchet responses from a webernet forum dictasted your relationships outcome.

Is that how much control some people, whom ain&#8217;t even knowned you personally, over your life?

Suggestions are only ideas until you put them into action &#8211; then all you have now is a world full of regret and a moist pillow full of thug tears.

&#8220;Is this love?! That I&#8217;m feelin&#8217;&#8230; Is this the love?! That I&#8217;ve beent SEARCHIN&#8217; FOE!!!&#8221;

:ohlawd:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:childplease: @ HAVING TO OPEN THE CAR DOOR FOR HER.

bytch Please :comeon:

threadstarter got no one to blame but himself. he shouldn't have set that prescedent in the first place.

you need to keep their standards low.

I never open the door from the jump, so the rare time I open the door for her, it produces a :gladbron: moment!

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s a fine line being simpery/excess courtship and chivalry.

Guys think the former is always being committed (so they tread cautiously)…

And (some) women think the latter is dead (so that “some” category are actually looking for a man who treats them like a lady – so long as they carry themselves as such).

But by the end of the day, the first few months, to show a good gesture – it’s okay to change clothes, go and open the door for the beighb to show her that you was raised with colloquial standards. Nowadays, everybody does the hi-rate speed date, hook up from dating site/social media network and call it good after a few dates.

Well, some people want to find more depth in their relationships and seek for a long term partner. How realistic that is? Depends on the person and what stage they be at in they own lives. Dig?

I now have a woman who exudes “mademoiselle, lady-like” qualities and I’m gonna treat her that way. She’s old school cuz her momma, being an immigrant from the Nordic track, brought unto her daughter those same ideologies (and me, being a first generation colored person, momma done taught me the same = so the progression/treatment is natural. *in percy Miller voice* “Momma done RAISED MEH!”).

But for serious like satellite radio… you treat women the way they want to be treated. And to be frank without the beans, in the grand stay scheming of things, she ain’t really axe for much. But being the gentleman I is, I realize that keys open doors and me swinging the gates of the whip to see her legs go out first when she’s rockin the freak’um dress is just a nice visual and I please don’t mind doing it.

When you gaze deep into a female specimen companion’s eyes and there’s no haze or shade of ratchetedness – from that point on, as a man, you have the power to determine if she’s worth it. L’Oreal.

Don’t break up with her because of something this trivial, especially if she’s the beauty to your beast.

So when you become the east coasted version of Grey Hova, and you’re with some random scallywag mchag who ain’t treated you right like a Dairy Queen jumpoff, you’re going to be wondering about the one that got away – because your ass because some damn ratchet responses from a webernet forum dictasted your relationships outcome.

Is that how much control some people, whom ain’t even knowned you personally, over your life?

Suggestions are only ideas until you put them into action – then all you have now is a world full of regret and a moist pillow full of thug tears.

“Is this love?! That I’m feelin’… Is this the love?! That I’ve beent SEARCHIN’ FOE!!!”

:ohlawd:

:rudy: This simp ass nygga

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
:snoop: She lowkey lost respect for you the day she got in the car, hopped out to get something, and you still hopped out to open the door breh...

The disrespect will only get worse breh...cancel that bytch like nino :snoop:

You don't have to cancel her, but you should set the tone so that she doesn't expect you to act a certain way in the future. When you went out of your way to comply with an arbitrary act, you set a certain tone and heightened her expectations. Now it has become habit (which in many ways is trust and dependency). You have to switch it up and possibly be prepared to take an L because of it. How do you feel about your self-worth?

But don't just cancel her, that's what silly negroes say on message boards but not do in real life.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
damn, I don't think you "failed" a test after the time when she CAME BACK and you GOT OUT and opened the door, THAT'S where the precedent was set.

Nothing wrong with opening your date/girl's door, but doing it like you WERE doing it is where the problem lies. I open my girls door, not everytime but times when I feel like it or when we dressed nice bout to go out. But she's the type to NOT look for that so when I do it, it's special and she knows its from the heart...

I got a friend that had a girl like that, he eventually got fed up with opening her door EVERY. SINGLE. TIME...He said he'd had enough when one day they were going grocery shopping or something small, and he got in not even thinking about opening the door and he said she had this look on her face...nikka said he deaded it after they got back in the house...He'd just had enough of her looking like a damn damsel in distress over a freaking car door.

If you can work it out, do it, but all sensibility says let this one go, cause the troubles have just started...A bit of advice, next time, put your foot down and don't fear the consequences...either she falls in line or she falls off the boat, simple

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My college roommate had this issue. He solved it by letting her walked ahead to the car door. But then he said he forgot sometin in the house and went upstaris and watched out the window to see how long she would stand out there in 90+ degree weather before she finally opens her own door. She waited long enuff i guess and finally opened her own. She was mad cuz she was sweating.

Dont know if it worked longterm...

Reverend Jesse Jackson

Somebody I Am
Daps
Most of y'all negros don't have a license/car I see. :russ: @ opening your girls door from the passenger's side.

No wonder y'all hate it. :russ::russ:

Daps
things like opening the door is great because a dude doesn't have to do it. to expect a dude to do it every time will ruin your expectations. I am always surprised when a guy opens the car door for me, but I never wait around for him to do it.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So we’re going to the park for a picnic one day and I open the door and all that, we BOTH get in the car, and she runs back in the house because she forgot something.* She comes back to the door and stands outside.* WTF!?!?* :damn:* So I unbuckle my seatbelt, get out, walk to her side and open the door.* All while giving her the :rudy: face.* All she does is give me a lil girlish smile and mouth “sorry”

* Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Cant believe you actually did this.

2nd...i cant believe you typed this essay on your phone

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
things like opening the door is great because a dude doesn't have to do it. to expect a dude to do it every time will ruin your expectations. I am always surprised when a guy opens the car door for me, but I never wait around for him to do it.
exactly. the beautiful thing about chivalry is that it's not something that's mandatory. People don't really have to do shyt if they don't want to. So when it happens and when it's genuine, it's a beautiful thing.

the difference between simping and chivalry is that the simp does it out of neediness because he's scared the chick will stop messing with him if he doesn't. The gentleman does it because he wants the chick to feel good as a token of appreciation. it's a delicate nuance but there is definitely a difference.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
We go on a few more dates and she keeps it up.* I forget all the time but realize when I go to my door and she’s just standing there that I need to open the door.* FINE.* Not the biggest deal in the world.* But here’s the kicker.* So we’re going to the park for a picnic one day and I open the door and all that, we BOTH get in the car, and she runs back in the house because she forgot something.* She comes back to the door and stands outside.* WTF!?!?* * :damn:So I unbuckle my seatbelt, get out, walk to her side and open the door.*

LMAOOO

Where they do that?