I might have to break up with my new girl over this “opening the car door” thing

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Why was this bumped when the issue was already dealt with? :laugh:

This! People giving me advice on a situation that was handled a long time ago. lol

For those that didn't see it. We had a talk, I told her how I felt about it, and she didn't bother me about it again.

We're not together any more tho. :heh:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
damn, I don't think you "failed" a test after the time when she CAME BACK and you GOT OUT and opened the door, THAT'S where the precedent was set.

Nothing wrong with opening your date/girl's door, but doing it like you WERE doing it is where the problem lies. I open my girls door, not everytime but times when I feel like it or when we dressed nice bout to go out. But she's the type to NOT look for that so when I do it, it's special and she knows its from the heart...

I got a friend that had a girl like that, he eventually got fed up with opening her door EVERY. SINGLE. TIME...He said he'd had enough when one day they were going grocery shopping or something small, and he got in not even thinking about opening the door and he said she had this look on her face...nikka said he deaded it after they got back in the house...He'd just had enough of her looking like a damn damsel in distress over a freaking car door.

If you can work it out, do it, but all sensibility says let this one go, cause the troubles have just started...A bit of advice, next time, put your foot down and don't fear the consequences...either she falls in line or she falls off the boat, simple

This is exactly how i felt and still feel. And just like your homie it was having to do that shyt on a casual trip that was the last straw.

My college roommate had this issue. He solved it by letting her walked ahead to the car door. But then he said he forgot sometin in the house and went upstaris and watched out the window to see how long she would stand out there in 90+ degree weather before she finally opens her own door. She waited long enuff i guess and finally opened her own. She was mad cuz she was sweating.

Dont know if it worked longterm...
:ohhh: That's genius

Cant believe you actually did this.

2nd...i cant believe you typed this essay on your phone

Me neither. :future:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:childplease: I never had no women EXPECT me to do something like this just for the sake of doing it. Chivalry should be a spice, something used sparingly. Just like how a few said already, precedent was set once you got in the car, saw her standing there as if the door was locked and got OUT to open the door for her.

I haven't had this issue yet and I certainly would nip it in the bud RIGHT then and there. Whenever I get in a car with a female I just remote unlock the door, get in and she follows suit. This is likely one of those "tests" women like to do. Just brush it off the first time by not acknowledging it or just laugh at it.
The only time I opened the door for a girl was when something was wrong with it and I just reached over from the inside to open the door.

*Angel*

Frozen Flames Goddess
Daps
Reppin
Goddess power
Soryy to bump this again, but this is funny! No way should opening a car door be done EVERY time....lol. It was sweet of you to go along with it, but at least you'll know how to handle similar situations from chicks down the line. Like you said, it's all about moderation. Stevie Wonder can see the logic in that, and I'm sure that chick understood that from the beginning.

LimitedEdition

Misanthropy Personified
Daps
Reppin
In the south!
You should've given her an unrealistic expectation as a counter offer. "I dont see how opening a door shows my love and appreciation for you. HOWEVER Since it obviously means that much to you, how about for every door I open I get a blow job? It would show me love and appreciation." Even if you dont like head that much, after a week of sore jaws I bet she would be racing our ass to open every door.

And yes I read that the relationship is over but for future reference.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
This! People giving me advice on a situation that was handled a long time ago. lol

For those that didn't see it. We had a talk, I told her how I felt about it, and she didn't bother me about it again.

We're not together any more tho. :heh:
Why did yall break up?

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Why did yall break up?

Because she was really pushing for serious things in our relationship like meeting my mom, saying I love you, etc. And I wasn't ready for all that so I let her go.

My biggest fear was that she wasn't really into me per say, but rather into the ideal of what I represented (handsome, intelligent, successful, stable) and what it could do for her life. I didn't want to go all in and make a mistake. We were just so different. I didn't understand how someone could go from a "Do it because it makes me happy" attitude to "I love you and we have a beautiful future together" attitude in two months. Every move she made felt strategic. I felt like she was only complying to reach her goal.