I hope Best Buy doesn't end up like Circuit City

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Best Buys won't exist in 5 years. Barnes and Nobles won't exist in 3 years. Those are two stores i used to go to all the time and just wander.

Retail itself is gonna die. Someone is gonna start a revolutionary apparel website soon that will be the deathblow for stores like that. its coming.

all we'll have in 20 years is Walmart, restaurants and supermarkets.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I said about 10 years ago that this is definitely how things are looking to shape up.

I told people, get used to warehouse, fast food, or corporate jobs. Retail is slowly on its way out. It appears that Security will also be around due to all these damn shootings going on these days.

DalMem

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said about 10 years ago that this is definitely how things are looking to shape up.

I told people, get used to warehouse, fast food, or corporate jobs. Retail is slowly on its way out. It appears that Security will also be around due to all these damn shootings going on these days.

:dead:

DalMem

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If there is another mass shooting in a theater in the near future expect to be pat down when taking your date to go see the latest Ryan Gosling movie.

No wasn't disagreeing with you. The way you put it was funny.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly didn't know Bestbuy was in any trouble....the one in my city STAYS jumping. I like going there even when I know I ain't buying shyt. Im kind of a electronics attic.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
I still like going into a store and just buying it. I copped my laptop from best buy after comaring prices online, it came out to about the same price. Its all about time. I don't like waiting for shyt to come so I'm willing to pay a little more. The price difference isn't that drastic.

I understand that and i agree that waiting for stuff does suck...but you do know not everybody has a Best Buy in their city or anywhere close to them. So over time the internet gonna take over like i said as more ppl become computer literate and internet savvy. Its to much competition out there in the retail electronics game...b&m stores like Frys and Microcenter are rising up to eat into them profits and then them online places are virtually open 24/7. Newegg, Ebay, Tigerdirect...hell Amazon + Prime(free two day shipping on most items for a annual fee) = :win:

Add the deal sites like Slickdeals and Fatwallet and i'm tell yall its gonna be a wrap sooner or later for them. I see the powers that be are still pushing for them internet sales taxes and that might help Best Buy to stick around a little longer but the better deals are online 90% of the time and most ppl will take the tradeoff of having it shipped to save some money.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Best Buy will just turn into an online retailer for the uninformed (aka most of the population) and keep it's mobile phone stations intact.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Best Buy will just turn into an online retailer for the uninformed (aka most of the population) and keep it's mobile phone stations intact.

This is why I'm stunned about Best Buy doing bad. Most people who buy electronics are uninformed so I figured they were eating good off of them.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
:pacspit: @ best buy

They're just getting their due karma for what they did to record stores. They ran record stores out of business, selling music and movies for little to no profit to increase store traffic and now the internet and stores with more variety are driving them out.

:what: Record stores had no chance.

You did more to hurt record stores than best buy.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Best Buys won't exist in 5 years. Barnes and Nobles won't exist in 3 years. Those are two stores i used to go to all the time and just wander.

Retail itself is gonna die. Someone is gonna start a revolutionary apparel website soon that will be the deathblow for stores like that. its coming.

so damn true. I have a Barnes and Noble close to where I live and that just closed down. As technology gets more advanced, there will be less varied stores and less good paying jobs.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I was at BB last week and was going through some CDs. They had some for 4.99 and 7.99. They weren't in the bin wither. I was hoping to find Nastradamus, Lost Tapes and some Gang Starr albums, but found nuthin. :(

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
just wanted to say that the thread about how Radio Shack stays open when nobody is in it was freaking hilarious on the :hamster:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I guess the only store left will be the og RadioShack.

I upgraded my phone there and that classic thread on :hamster: keep running through my mind. I was in there for about 30 minutes getting set up and signing the contracts and shyt. There wasn't anybody conducting business in there but me the whole time. A few stragglers came in looking at shyt but not one person came to the register. There was two employes on the floor, one was texting on her cell and the other was having a personal convo with someone on the store phone while the store manager was doing the transaction with me This was downtown chicago on Michigan ave btw. How the fukk are they still open when best buy are closing stores when I always see plenty of ppl in there buying shyt:whoo: