I hope Best Buy doesn't end up like Circuit City

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Best Buy fukked themselves over with all the small mobile stores they opened in malls, those things are eating into their profits tremendously.

I love BB tho, they might be falling behind, but they overtook Amazon with the amount of crazy gaming deals they have.

what? every economist report i thought said otherwise that the only profits are actually coming in from those small mobile stores and thats really the future of such retail. they eat off of those cell phone contract kick backs, like crazy.

what they fukked themselves over with was pretty simple. overextending into the # of large retail space and overhiring employees (shytty ones too) and add to that a really declining market for such physical retail.

the biggest business cost of any retailer (or even small business) is always employee pay, not just the retail costs but the corporate also. given the liabilities/insurances/bonuses, you would have to be getting a pretty big return from your employees and they were never going to in that environment. Add in the cost of space (which is the 2nd biggest expense) and overextending the # of scores just to fukking outcompete and squeeze out the other stores, it got to be way too much cost and too little gain once CC went out of business.

Then you add in the cost of warehouse space and warehouse staff for your online store to compete on that front. You can't compete with the likes of amazon and newegg, at all whatsoever, but they might even be bought out by someone like tigerdirect because they just fukking run their businesses better. Those video games deals that bestbuy has is a testament of everything they are doing wrong. They shouldn't have that much random shyt that wasn't going to make them money in the first place to clearance.

I love their deals, mispricings etc. I got a MBP 2011 17" from bestbuy from 650, video games dirt cheap, 42" TVs for 190 etc etc, but I have no tolerance for bad business even if it is to my benefit. Its bad for everyone in the long run and someone will take their place to give out decent deals.

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they gotta get rid of the appliance section and eat strictly off electronics

what will they make money off of?

ipads, macs of anykind, even some pcs, ipods, TVs (when you account for returns), dslrs all nearly have a 0% profit margin, if not a small loss. They make their money off of people buying accessories, like a screen protector, mouse, etc etc.

and then they will have the space left over for those appliance sections, what will you do with that? it would just be an empty space (anything other than having it empty would probably hurt them more at this point, i doubt they could sell it) which would be a bad look.

they just got outdone by the current state of sales

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
They dying a slow death. The problem is most of the stuff you can buy at Best Buy can be bought and shipped to you for cheaper. The only thing keeping them and other specialty retailers afloat is the fact that the majority of shoppers aren't computer and/or internet savvy enough to research and look for better deals online. As time goes on that will change and Best Buy will do its best to scale back employees and number of locations but as with alot of specialty retailers, the internet will win out over time. Watch and see.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
They dying a slow death. The problem is most of the stuff you can buy at Best Buy can be bought and shipped to you for cheaper. The only thing keeping them and other specialty retailers afloat is the fact that the majority of shoppers aren't computer and/or internet savvy enough to research and look for better deals online. As time goes on that will change and Best Buy will do its best to scale back employees and number of locations but as with alot of specialty retailers, the internet will win out over time. Watch and see.

I still like going into a store and just buying it. I copped my laptop from best buy after comaring prices online, it came out to about the same price. Its all about time. I don't like waiting for shyt to come so I'm willing to pay a little more. The price difference isn't that drastic.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
i bought my hd tv from best buy when I should have when to hhgreg, i could have save 20 to 50 bucks on it, I didnt realize my mistake until I walked out the store

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Up here in Canada there was a store called consumers distribution you basically wen in and ordered what you want from a catalogue and then they went in the back and got it

That will be best buy shortly

itskontos

Rap Game Al Bundy
Daps
Reppin
Montreal, Canada
I'm surprised to see that they're having trouble drawing money.. I guess that explains all the game sales they've been having

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
what will they make money off of?

ipads, macs of anykind, even some pcs, ipods, TVs (when you account for returns), dslrs all nearly have a 0% profit margin, if not a small loss. They make their money off of people buying accessories, like a screen protector, mouse, etc etc.

and then they will have the space left over for those appliance sections, what will you do with that? it would just be an empty space (anything other than having it empty would probably hurt them more at this point, i doubt they could sell it) which would be a bad look.

they just got outdone by the current state of sales

Huh

Apples products have some of the biggest markups in the industry for both Apple and the retailer. Its the only hardware that retail stores actually make money off of. Windows PCs and Tvs though they aint seeing shyt

teacher

All Star
Daps
Best Buy fukked themselves over with all the small mobile stores they opened in malls, those things are eating into their profits tremendously.

I love BB tho, they might be falling behind, but they overtook Amazon with the amount of crazy gaming deals they have.

:mindblown:

Why are those things selling stuff cheaper? how the fukk is it eating in to there profits? It should be doing the opposite even though considering overhead is gonna be a helluva less :aicmon: