I hope Best Buy doesn't end up like Circuit City

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Best Buy's around me are still doing very well (seemingly).
The video game and movie sections have shrunken drastically.
Still a great place to buy TVs and house hold appliances.
The digital wave is forcing them to adapt, and it seems like they have recognized that which is a good thing.
Gamestop on the other hand...

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Best Buy did a good job over the last few years changing their stores to be separated by brand.

These sections are essentially vendor paid. So the big boys like Apple, Samsung, Google and even LG I'm sure are covering alot of the overhead by having these dedicated areas.

I remember the money that would come in through the back end just from vendors who wanted a single display (to showcase a laptop, for instance), or a feature item in the flyer. The items sold at negative margin but all the back end funding that was given from the vendor offset all the loss and made it profitable.

Honestly I'm shocked how busy my local ones are no matter when I walk through hit.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Already been 10 years since CC closed. :damn:

CC closing pissed me the fukk off....because I watch a lot of foreign movies and not only did they have a great selection, they would order anything I was looking for.

Granted now I can obviously do it myself but still man, it held me down for years.

Fred.