I feel like the people on here who attack religion have some major void in their life

Daps
And they're "getting back" at God by participating in some online smear campaign against faith and religion. But really a lot of them are lonely and would like to find some meaning in their lives beyond living demonically without purpose and not having any faith or true love in their hearts.

Just look at the amount of Threads on here from Atheists attacking religious people then attempt to find religious people who make threads that "attack" atheists (I guess this is one :o: )

So I ask you, my demonic friends, what gaping hole in your heart causes you to attack spiritual people on a daily basis with such passion?

Isn't it the other way around? People with a major void in their life turn to god in an attempt to fill it up?

:deadmanny: at the irony

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
You JUST called me a demon, and implied I deserved to be tortured forever in hellfire. If that's "nice", I'd hate to see you mean.

Well, that's so nice of you. And prayer is so much easier than ... ya know, actually doing something helpful.

:rudy: I am certain that I've done more to help people in need in a year than you will in your entire life. Get off your high horse because you don't know a THING about me.

Daps
:rudy: I am certain that I've done more to help people in need in a year than you will in your entire life. Get off your high horse because you don't know a THING about me.

And this - even if it's true - gives you the right to talk to people like that? I hadn't realized that's how being a good samaritan works :russ:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps

Oh, you're certain, are you? Because you know me so well. :umad:

Just like you're certain that your god answers your prayers :troll:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i forgot where i saw this, but im gonna paraphrase instead of searching for it...

"if there was a book on goku and the dragonball z adventures, and it has been shoved down our throats as truth since we were kids, we would all walk around believing in goku as the one true god"

that pretty much sums it up to me.

everything from technology, to mathematics, to medicine, to navigation and even clothing has evolved and been improved upon in the last few thousand years.

even the answer to where we came from. we dont know yet, but we are getting there. yet some people cling to these folk tales as truth and refuse to believe anything because religion has been shoved down their throats for so long.

still one would say "ah well so they believe deeply in fairy tales, they arent hurting anybody leave them be". but then we have people using their religions to justify their hate for others.

:scusthov:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Oh, you're certain, are you? Because you know me so well. :umad:

Just like you're certain that your god answers your prayers :troll:

Clearly you :umad: that someone can pray AND WORK. Yes I am certain. You are just another crab in a barrel negro.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
even the answer to where we came from. we dont know yet, but we are getting there. yet some people cling to these folk tales as truth and refuse to believe anything because religion has been shoved down their throats for so long.

And not only that, but there's a built in mechanism in a lot of these religions. They all have this notion that God sees it as a virtue to believe these incredible stories. That you're somehow only weak people doubt holy text, and you're strong if you say you believe, knowing full well they contradict reality and logic.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
And not only that, but there's a built in mechanism in a lot of these religions. They all have this notion that God sees it as a virtue to believe these incredible stories. That you're somehow only weak people doubt holy text, and you're strong if you say you believe, knowing full well they contradict reality and logic.

exactly..like the whole "science is the devil's instrument in order to test our faith"

:why:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
But on the other hand, those who are educated tend to not believe at a higher rate than people without degrees. :ehh:

Educated and smart are two totally different things. Someone would have to show that a person with a degree is absolutely smarter than a person without one...And before we can even begin that, there will have to be a baseline definition of "smart" established

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Yeah, because apparently it is just impossible for someone to truly not believe in a god. This argument, as well as the 'they're angry at god' argument are flawed and extremely presumptuous. Why is it so hard to accept that others genuinely do not believe the same things as you do? Arguments like the one posed by the op only serve to stifle any kind of real discussion on the matter by simply writing off anti-religious/atheist people as just having had a bad experience, or some kind of personality flaw i.e. they're angry, they have no morals/void in their souls blah blah blah.

It's like whenever you're having a discussion with women on relationships and other gender issues and they hit you with the 'you're bitter, honey who broke your heart card'. It's just a way for people to reaffirm their own beliefs while dismissing the beliefs of others.

:salute::salute::salute:

People can't handle being proven wrong so they call you names and attack you personally to feel better about having their beliefs taken apart. Look at the OP and the people agreeing with him. They just assume based on nothing that people that openly disagree with them must be bitter and angry or have some personal grievance with their beliefs because it's just too much to handle, the thought of having to come to terms with the fact that the comforting lies they've been told their whole lives are completely wrong.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
You JUST called me a demon, and implied I deserved to be tortured forever in hellfire. If that's "nice", I'd hate to see you mean.

Well, that's so nice of you. And prayer is so much easier than ... ya know, actually doing something helpful.

Plus, praying is totally passive aggressive and pisses allegedly "empty" people off. :jawalrus:

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
being "educated" doesn't necessarily make you smart. One of the most faithful religious people I've ever met was a Chemistry major and Forensic scientist

• being educated doesn't make you smart!!
  • one of the most religious people i know is a student in a hard field!

:heh: What are you trying to prove here?

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
  • being educated doesn't make you smart!!
  • one of the most religious people i know is a student in a hard field!

:heh: What are you trying to prove here?

Being "educated" is a general term and means nothing, I know scientists who are religious disproving the "the smarter they are the less religious they are" statement. Any other questions?

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Being "educated" is a general term and means nothing, I know scientists who are religious disproving the "the smarter they are the less religious they are" statement. Any other questions?

Anecdotal stories don't disprove anything, breh.