how did young Mike get to the basket with such ease?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
We talkin about 2018, players havin record breaking offensive seasons across the board the last couple of years but apparently according to you dudes logic defenses couldn’t be figured out by anybody else but current players.
Shooting records.

How many players was putting up 25+ points per game in the 80's? Why did the highest scoring games of All-Time take place in the 80's? You calling defenses today straight trash when back then nikkas didn't even bother to get back in transition and teams played at a higher pace/tempo than today, the three point line was rarely guarded until the 4Q, teams got confused by basic P&R's, and you could only play man-to-man defense.

:shaq2:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
What's overrated about it? Every play wasn't prison ball but there was a certain level of physicality in that era that simply does not exist now. I was scrolling thru the thread and saw a video posted about the Sonics playing defense on Jordan.

I seen a couple minutes. Nothing overly physical in that video, just solid defense. This nikka Bron was playing the Finals with a blood shot eye, you could compile a video of the best defensive possessions against LeBron from any playoff series and see similar plays. :russell:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
I just think it's funny how fakkit ass Bron stans complain about MJ being bigger than all the other SGs(which has been demonstrated as factually wrong in this thread :ufdup:) when Bron 100% of the time is bigger than whoever his SF counterpart is and he's bigger than the overwhelming majority of 4s :mjgrin:

Also get that nikka ISO the fukk outta here, I'm tired of him and his bytch ass agenda ruining nearly every basketball related thread :scust:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Mans did his dunk from the same spot between the legs.

Just stop

LMAO

NOW SHOW ME ALL THE INSANE shyt ZACH
HAS DONE IN ACTUAL GAMES
THAT COMPARE TO JORDAN.

WHY DO YOU CASUALS
KEEP THINKING JUMPING HIGH
IS THE BAROMETER OF ATHLETICISM?

:devil:
:evil:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
All that need to be said. Jordan was star that could play right now, placed in the 90s. He was just so much more advanced this his competition. So far ahead of his time

But when it comes to technical/fundamental skills, he's still further ahead than anybody playing right now.

IQ was bananas.He executed moves with surgical precision.Based on raw athleticism, there's a bunch of guys in the league today

who can run & jump just as high as MJ.They just don't have the seasoning.That's the real reason the "pro new generation" is salty

and can't see the forest for the trees.Pitting these raw & uncooked athletes against the master of BBQ Chicken(MJ).They need to

give it up:francis:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
lord imagine how defenders would get tortured now with all players stretching beyond the arch

we'd be seeing 2k scoring #'s

:sadcam:

führer.stern a whole hoe for bringing these amateur/collegiate/euro defenses nobody asked for to the league

:pacspit:

i want 200pt games dammit

:sadbron:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

LMAO

NOW SHOW ME ALL THE INSANE shyt ZACH
HAS DONE IN ACTUAL GAMES
THAT COMPARE TO JORDAN.

WHY DO YOU CASUALS
KEEP THINKING JUMPING HIGH
IS THE BAROMETER OF ATHLETICISM?

LaVine is fast as shyt. His speed numbers were on par with D-Rose at the combine, he actually had a faster lane agility time than D-Rose. As a pure athlete he's a freak he's way more than a jumper and you must not see him play. :snoop:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I just think it's funny how fakkit ass Bron stans complain about MJ being bigger than all the other SGs(which has been demonstrated as factually wrong in this thread :ufdup:) when Bron 100% of the time is bigger than whoever his SF counterpart is and he's bigger than the overwhelming majority of 4s :mjgrin:

Also get that nikka ISO the fukk outta here, I'm tired of him and his bytch ass agenda ruining nearly every basketball related thread :scust:
LeBron stronger than most his opposition except when he faces nikkas like James Johnson and Ron Artest. But most SF's are usually his height or taller.

Oh, and :umad:

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
LaVine is fast as shyt. His speed numbers were on par with D-Rose at the combine, he actually had a faster lane agility time than D-Rose. As a pure athlete he's a freak he's way more than a jumper and you must not see him play. :snoop:

THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU CASUALS.

MOST OF THAT COMBINE shyt DOESNT TRANSLATE TO IN GAME ATHLETICISM.

YOURE A fukkING FOOL IF YOU THINK
LAVINE HAS EVERY BEEN AS FAST AS ROSE ON A BASKETBALL COURT.

HE HASNT EVEN BEEN AS FAST AS CURRENT ROSE.

THIS CURRENT ERA SPECIFICALLY
PRACTICES FOR THE COMBINE
LEADING UP TO IT
JUST SO THEY CAN INCREASE DRAFT STOCK.
I SEE EM AT MY GYM EVERY YEAR.
(EVEN MCDERMOTT HAD A 36.5 VERT)

ZACH HAS NEVER LOOKED FREAKISHLY ATHLETIC ON THE COURT
OUTSIDE OF A NICE DUNK HERE AND THERE.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because it was far and few between and you types overrate the fukk out if it and feel a sort of way when I bring it up.

Its your JOB to disagree with me. How old were you in the late 80s and 90s?

I was born in 1980. It's not my job to disagree with you. But across the board, even with the current players, I don't think anyone disputes that the overall physicality of the league back then was different than it is now. Like, I seriously didn't think it was debatable. Please post an example of anyone saying that the league now is more or just ask physical as it was in the 80's and 90's.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU CASUALS.

MOST OF THAT COMBINE shyt DOESNT TRANSLATE TO IN GAME ATHLETICISM.

YOURE A fukkING FOOL IF YOU THINK
LAVINE HAS EVERY BEEN AS FAST AS ROSE ON A BASKETBALL COURT.

HE HASNT EVEN BEEN AS FAST AS CURRENT ROSE.

THIS CURRENT ERA SPECIFICALLY
PRACTICES FOR THE COMBINE
LEADING UP TO IT
JUST SO THEY CAN INCREASE DRAFT STOCK.
(EVEN MCDERMOTT HAD A 36.5 VERT)

ZACH HAS NEVER LOOKED FREAKISHLY ATHLETIC ON THE COURT
OUTSIDE OF A NICE DUNK HERE AND THERE.

No, on the basketball court LaVine doesn't look as fast as Rose. He can't push the ball like Rose. He is nowhere near Rose as a ball handler. Rose plays a physical attacking style, LaVine is a lot more smooth and finesse, and does a lot of work on C&S off screens. In a foot race it would be a different story. You keep on talking about in game. To be an elite athlete in game you need to have ball skills. That's what separates Jordan, his bag of tricks to showcase his athleticism is much deeper than a Wiggins or LaVine who as pure athletes can run and jump with anyone in the NBA. LaVine game is completely different from Jordan.

I just told you Rodman is considered one of the greatest athletes, Phil Jackson thinks he's the best athlete he's ever coached, MJ thinks he's more athletic than him. Did we see Rodman do windmill dunks, up and unders, go coast to coast or any of that shyt no because he didn't have the ball skills.

Also, you clearly don't watch LaVine play if you think he's just a high jumper. He is fast in the open floor, he has a top tier first step in the league, he has good body control and a go-to acrobatic up and under, he is constantly head at the rim level on his dunk and alley-oop attempts, had one of the greatest dunk contests of All-Time, a 46 inch vert with effortless lift. I don't know how athletic he is post ACL tear but when I seen him play son was definitely freakishly athletic.

Also, McDermott DOES have a 36.5 inch vertical it's not because of no "practice" before the combine or whatever bullshyt you typing. The white boy can get up on the low he is a deceptively good athlete. I just watched him play for the Knicks and he caught posters and put back dunks.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
No, on the basketball court LaVine doesn't look as fast as Rose. He can't push the ball like Rose. He is nowhere near Rose as a ball handler. In a foot race it would be a different story. You keep on talking about in game. To be an elite athlete in game you need to have ball skills. That's what separates Jordan, his bag of tricks to showcase his athleticism is much deeper than a Wiggins or LaVine who as pure athletes can run and jump with anyone in the NBA. LaVine game is completely different from Jordan.

I just told you Rodman is considered one of the greatest athletes, Phil Jackson thinks he's the best athlete he's ever coached, MJ thinks he's more athletic than him. Did we see Rodman do windmill dunks, up and unders, go coast to coast or any of that shyt no because he didn't have the ball skills.

Also, you clearly don't watch LaVine play if you think he's just a high jumper. He is fast in the open floor, he has a top tier first step in the league, he has good body control and a go-to acrobatic up and under, he is constantly head at the rim level on his dunk and alley-oop attempts, had one of the greatest dunk contests of All-Time, a 46 inch vert with effortless lift. I don't know how athletic he is post ACL tear but when I seen him play son was definitely freakishly athletic.

Also, McDermott DOES have a 36.5 inch vertical it's not because of no "practice" before the combine or whatever bullshyt you typing. The white boy can get up on the low he is a deceptively good athlete. I just watched him play for the Knicks and he caught posters and put back dunks.

WESTBROOK DOESNT HAVE A BAG OF TRICKS
AND HIS IN GAME ATHLETICISM SHINES...

DOUG WAS DRAFTED BY THE BULLS
HES HAD PLENTY OF DUNKS
AND HIS HEAD IS NO WHERE NEAR THE RIM.