how did young Mike get to the basket with such ease?

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's not really just about athleticism, but having the decision-making and executing it on spot that produces the results.

A lot of these freak athletes who can cut/sprint/etc. at a similar level make the dumbest decisions when the defense meets them. Some try to jump through them and get called for a charge, cut into a double team and get the ball stripped, etc.

Jordan would rarely get into those predicaments in the same situations. Dude just "knew" what to do. Again, it's about the improvisation, not the athleticism. That's the difference.

That's what translates across all eras. The ability to process all the data in the moment, come the best possible outcome (plenty of times out the box) and execute it.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

WESTBROOK DOESNT HAVE A BAG OF TRICKS
AND HIS IN GAME ATHLETICISM SHINES...

DOUG WAS DRAFTED BY THE BULLS
HES HAD PLENTY OF DUNKS
AND HIS HEAD IS NO WHERE NEAR THE RIM.

:devil:
:evil:

Again. They have different playing styles. :snoop:

Westbrook is a high usage PG who plays a reckless, physical, attacking style of basketball. He uses his speed and change of direction north to south and has his go-to body contortions at the rim. LaVine can't even run pick and rolls effectively. LaVine doesn't have good in-between game, he plays off-ball for C&S and plays off screens a lot he is a high volume three point shooter. He has a smooth playing style but he can jump as high as anyone and turn on the jets, has a lightning quick first step in isolation and can contort his body. He can run and jump with any wing to play the game, period.

So you saying LaVine in game athleticism don't shine? :dahell:

I never said Doug head was at the rim. His vertical is 36.5 inches it's a nice number, but it's not head at the rim status. I said he was a deceptive athlete, he could explode, he caught posters and put backs on the Knicks. You tried to use him as a non-athletic white boy who put up combine numbers based off practice, when in actuality son got good bounce.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Again. They have different playing styles. :snoop:

Westbrook is a high usage PG who plays a reckless, physical, attacking style of basketball. He uses his speed and change of direction north to south and has his go-to body contortions at the rim. LaVine can't even run pick and rolls effectively. LaVine doesn't have good in-between game, he plays off-ball for C&S and plays off screens a lot he is a high volume three point shooter. He has a smooth playing style but he can jump as high as anyone and turn on the jets, has a lightning quick first step in isolation and can contort his body. He can run and jump with any wing to play the game, period.

So you saying LaVine in game athleticism don't shine? :dahell:

I never said Doug head was at the rim. His vertical is 36.5 inches it's a nice number, but it's not head at the rim status. I said he was a deceptive athlete, he could explode, he caught posters and put backs on the Knicks. You tried to use him as a non-athletic white boy who put up combine numbers based off practice, when in actuality son got good bounce.

HES 6'8
HIS HEAD SHOULD BE NEAR THE RIM.

ON HIS MOST CLASSIC DUNKS
HIS shyt WAS ABOUT A FOOT OR MORE BELOW THE RIM.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
HES 6'8
HIS HEAD SHOULD BE NEAR THE RIM.

ON HIS MOST CLASSIC DUNKS
HIS shyt WAS ABOUT A FOOT OR MORE BELOW THE RIM.

This looks about 36.5 inches to me which again is a nice number but not crazy, also players don't use their full vert on every dunk.

Project Pooch

All Star
Daps
DfhZvDYXcAMC5DF.jpg

Dude was playing aginst strip mall security guards :laff::laff:

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Jordan was the college zone buster tho. So that cuts out any of that bullshyt argument there. Bron does not have Jordan's bball Iq nor pedigree. Let alone jordan's actualized skill at destroying zone defense.

I can tell you nikkaz don't know bball and never saw Jordan play.

You nikkaz are the same about rap too. You never saw the best but continue to talk bullshyt. While the real who saw the shyt for real in rap and basketball will expose you.

Art barr

You ain't seen or heard more high quality rap than me.
Same as bball, too.

Get ya game footage steez up.

4043b17a7b0e3f26a145b348f02dbca6.jpg

:francis:

Don’t understand what :troll: means, brehs.

It don’t even take a High BBIQ to bust the college zone in the 80’s tho.

Especially if you playing with James Worthy and Sam Perkins, and have Dean Smith as the coach:

Swing the ball until someone over commits :mjgrin:

dump the ball into the high post with James Worthy, let him kick it back to Jordan when the zone collapses.
:mjgrin:

Hit the man in the corner or play high-lo with Sam Perkins

Profit:mjgrin:

Go yell at the sky somewhere else Fart Barr:troll:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DfhZvDYXcAMC5DF.jpg

Stockton and Hornacek would school these dudes the same way Steve Nash did. The Jazz were dirty as fukk too and had one of the all-time shot blockers behind them. Funny how cats are stressing athleticism, when it's the team that isn't super athletic that is dominating this era.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
DfhZvDYXcAMC5DF.jpg

expose yourself as a casual breh. those two would destroy 99.9 percent of the basketball players on EARTH who ever lived. they both averaged like 20 ppg in college and in the nba against the best of the absolute best, but they're security guard status lol. what in the fukk is ya'll talking about in here?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
4043b17a7b0e3f26a145b348f02dbca6.jpg

:francis:

Don’t understand what :troll: means, brehs.

It don’t even take a High BBIQ to bust the college zone in the 80’s tho.

Especially if you playing with James Worthy and Sam Perkins, and have Dean Smith as the coach:

Swing the ball until someone over commits :mjgrin:

dump the ball into the high post with James Worthy, let him kick it back to Jordan when the zone collapses.

Hit the man in the corner or play high-lo with Sam Perkins

Profit:mjgrin:

Go yell at the sky somewhere else Fart Barr:troll:

Only person making frustrated style post is you tho.
That is where trolling comes from.
you not capable of making a reAl posts by real means.

Stop trolling.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Facts Dallas blitzed the league with they zone in 2011.

One of the biggest reasons they won the chip and held Kobe, Durant, and LeBron below they averages.

Kobe Durant and lebron previously lacked experience against zones to be zone busters.

Art Barr

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
I'm probably one of the biggest Warriors/Durant fans on this site. Jordan imo is the best and I don't even stan dude as hard as I do Kobe/Curry/Durant on this site.

That said Jordan had Lebron/Westbrook explosiveness, Kobe/Kyrie body control, could shoot, practically invented all the hesitation moves we see today, post up game like Hakeem's, had some great court vision and was the best attacker the league has ever seen. Dude hit quite a few fadeaway threes and some deep threes in his career if you want to talk range.

How would dude not dominate today? You guys see what Jordan did to zone defenses at 40?

If dude could adapt to this, he could adapt to anything today:

It's funny, going through this thread made me go on a binge watch of Jordan videos. You want to see what it looks like when a team can't stop someone in the biggest series of their lives:

^^That team had absolutely no resources for stopping Jordan and you can see the frustration on their faces.

Yeah I saw a lot of that in real time. Blessed to have followed him from the jump.

Real talk I knew he was a beast when he styled on the nba stars in the exhibition before he even came to the nba.