how did young Mike get to the basket with such ease?

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So basically if mike was a completely different player, he'd be better than bron?

The consensus is that MJ already is better than bron based on what we know, not what we can assume would happen if he played in a zone/currently because nobody knows what could’ve should’ve woulda happened if whatever and that’s just talkin out of ass.

My point that you retarded nikkas are missing is that if you’re gonna make a statement about what a past player would or wouldn’t do currently then you have to give them access to all the same shyt other current players had to grow and develope because if they were playin currently they would have came up learning these systems and philosophies just like everybody else did. shyt really isn’t rocket science...

nikka you sound like a comic book character right about now.... You in the wrong but you still gon play it like it’s my fault on some housewife shyt.... :pachaha:

How am I wrong about an opinion bytch ass nikka...:mjlol: At the end of the day that’s all it is is my take on the topic, you don’t agree with it and I don’t give a fukk that you don’t agree with it.

Now I have to do you like I do my girl and just dead it on my end and let you talk to yourself because you want the last word

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The consensus is that MJ already is better than bron based on what we know, not what we can assume would happen if he played in a zone/currently because nobody knows what could’ve should’ve woulda happened if whatever and that’s just talkin out of ass.

My point that you retarded nikkas are missing is that if you’re gonna make a statement about what a past player would or wouldn’t do currently then you have to give them access to all the same shyt other current players had to grow and develope because if they were playin currently they would have came up learning these systems and philosophies just like everybody else did. shyt really isn’t rocket science...

How am I wrong about an opinion bytch ass nikka...:mjlol: At the end of the day that’s all it is is my take on the topic, you don’t agree with it and I don’t give a fukk that you don’t agree with it.

Now I have to do you like I do my girl and just dead it on my end and let you talk to yourself because you want the last word

:laugh: :umad: :deadrose:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
the highlights we would've got from bron vs committed defenses

all those open lanes

246068-lebron-james-timeline-4dddc.jpg

drop the hammer

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall need to quit like this was the standard bruh I'm almost 40 years old I lived through this shyt. I can show you isolated clips with people having to just stare at Jordan driving to the basket because they couldn't leave their man. You know how much people botched because they allowed zone. Old hand checking made the game harder ass nikkas.

Well post them

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
fc3a5340828a93e7debe1e4e0cc2d2c0.jpg

GoodElatedFoxhound-size_restricted.gif

6-t4650993-2000.jpg

the league got lucky

bro started hooping late & his background had him mentally unstable

the.worm with a good family upbringing & a1 skill development would have been scary

:picard:

:scust:freight.train.bron.bron*
People dont get rodman’s bounce. If fighting for a rebound, most players can only give you one jump....this niqqa Rodman could bunny hop two, three, four times and finally tip a rebound to himself on the fifth.

I never understood how folks didnt get how abnormal that was

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
IDK Ron Harper 6'7, Drexler 6'6, Rolando Blackman 6'7, Mitch Richmond 6'5, Reggie Miller was 6'7, Gerald Wilkins 6'6, Steve Smith 6'7, Latrell Sprewell 6'5.

Also, while zone defense was illegal, a lot of times the rule was bended. If you watched the games you'd know that refs often allowed defenders to cheat, it was like traveling...they'd call it when they felt like it.

But often times, defenders were shading and getting no calls for illegal defense.
There's exceptions obviously. However, outside of Richmond a lot of those guys you listed were rail thin especially Reggie Miller. Also, we were talking about how Jordan revolutionized the position. Ron Harper, was one of the first "next Jordan's".

Hersey Hawkins, John Starks, Jeff Hornacek, Danny Ainge, Byron Scott, Joe Dumars these were some of Jordan's rivals at SG in playoff games.

1989-90 NBA Season Summary | Basketball-Reference.com

Take a look at every roster and tell me how many SG's are listed between 6'2 and 6'4 and aren't even touching 195 pounds.

Also, yeah the rules would bend and players would even point at defenders to point out illegal defenses for referees to see. Much of the shading back then was frantic feet shuffling from man-to-man because defenders didn't want to get called for illegal defense and give up points off techs. Literally, every player in this picture would be eligible to be called for an illegal defense back then.
Screen_Shot_2014-03-24_at_9.52.44_PM.png

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
People dont get rodman’s bounce. If fighting for a rebound, most players can only give you one jump....this niqqa Rodman could bunny hop two, thee, four times and finally tip a rebound to himself on the fifth.

I never understood how folks didnt get how abmormal that was
word

lil skinny motherfukker snatching boards from bigs

underrated for sure for sure

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
There's exceptions obviously. However, outside of Richmond a lot of those guys you listed were rail thin especially Reggie Miller. Also, we were talking about how Jordan revolutionized the position. Ron Harper, was one of the first "next Jordan's".

Hersey Hawkins, John Starks, Jeff Hornacek, Danny Ainge, Byron Scott, Joe Dumars these were some of Jordan's rivals at SG in playoff games.

1989-90 NBA Season Summary | Basketball-Reference.com

Take a look at every roster and tell me how many SG's are listed between 6'2 and 6'4 and aren't even touching 195 pounds.

Also, yeah the rules would bend and players would even point at defenders to point out illegal defenses for referees to see. Much of the shading back then was frantic feet shuffling from man-to-man because defenders didn't want to get called for illegal defense and give up points off techs. Literally, every player in this picture would be eligible to be called for an illegal defense back then.
Screen_Shot_2014-03-24_at_9.52.44_PM.png

I feel you but 39 year old Mike on one knee was putting in work against 6'7 T-mac, 6'6 Vince, 6'6 Kobe.

All I'm saying is that height, although is very important, isn't the end all and be all.

Steph Curry is rail thin and 6'3, yet he's a two-time MVP (unanimous once) in this supposed incredible athletic era.

Steve Nash was also a two-time MVP.

EDIT: Just looking at today's top shooting guards and Victor Oledipo, CJ McCollum, Bradley Beal, Westbrook...they 6'5 or under.

They may be beefier, but 80s ballers weren't hitting the weights like that. You'd have to assume they'd adjust if they played today.

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Yall need to quit like this was the standard bruh I'm almost 40 years old I lived through this shyt. I can show you isolated clips with people having to just stare at Jordan driving to the basket because they couldn't leave their man. You know how much people botched because they allowed zone. Old hand checking made the game harder ass nikkas.
That is the most annoying thing about discussing that era. Niqqas overrate the fukk out of the brutality of that time.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Why do all these clowns parrot that “defenses then...” bullshyt like defenses now aren’t straight trash :mindblown:

nikkas couldn’t have watched the playoffs this year because there was absolutely nothing remarkable about the defense being played currently that’ll stop or even slow down a past great from doin their thing

GSW and Houston were the consensus best teams in the league and that was 7 games of terrible defense on both sides.

On top of the fact that you brain dead morons have to kno that obviously if you’re gonna compare past greats they’d have the same updated offensive philosophies, coaching, training etc... that current players have.
Golden State and Houston are two offensive juggernauts, historically good offenses. Teams play high P&R and take a ton of threes with + range now, stop it. Defense isn't "straight trash" watch the average game from back then the effort is higher today on average and it's harder to play defense there is a lot more ground to cover.

Y'all nikkas just expose y'all selves. That Golden State and Houston series actually had some great defensive games and some of the best switch defense you'll ever see. Today, is more of a team game ball movement, high P&R, three point shooting, multiple playmakers, zone defenses that deter the individuals scoring numbers.

Y'all the same mothafukkas that rave about Jordan's 63 point game in the playoffs when both teams fukking scored in the 130's and all Jordan did was BBQ cacs like McHale, Ainge, Bird, Walton, Wedman in isolation and got the switches he wanted at will.

The early 2010's was churning out historically good defensive teams like Indiana, Miami, Chicago, Memphis, Boston. The league adjusted by playing more small ball, more high P&R, taking more threes and eliminating the long two, now we are in a golden era for offense again.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Y’all do alright until you say stuff like the bolded
I stated that Jordan was the best defensive shooting guard for most of his career, what exactly is it u don't agree with???

U do realize Jordan made All Defense first team 9 TIMES in his career right?

U do realize Jordan led the league in steals twice

And of course don't forget the year MJ won defensive player of the year he was also the MVP and the scoring champ....AGAIN DOMINATING BOTH SIDES OF THE COURT.

So this false narrative that all Jordan was is a scorer is complete bullshyt. Its another trick bag from these Bron stans because they know that besides those weak ass chase down blocks Bron can't defend worth a shyt. Its easy to average 35 when ur playing free safety on defense.