how did young Mike get to the basket with such ease?

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Lol whatever you say

A nikka with a 44 inch vert and 8'0 strides ain't an all time athlete. Dennis Rodman didn't do half the shyt Jordan did, didn't have the ball skills but Phil Jackson believes he's a better athlete than MJ and even MJ agrees. :russell:

Rodman was a conditioning freak of nature though, same way ben wallace was in his prime

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
JJ is still in the league today, getting 23 minutes a game.

CllRe7KWEAAihOU.jpg

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I feel you but 39 year old Mike on one knee was putting in work against 6'7 T-mac, 6'6 Vince, 6'6 Kobe.

All I'm saying is that height, although is very important, isn't the end all and be all.

Steph Curry is rail thin and 6'3, yet he's a two-time MVP (unanimous once) in this supposed incredible athletic era.

Steve Nash was also a two-time MVP.

EDIT: Just looking at today's top shooting guards and Victor Oledipo, CJ McCollum, Bradley Beal, Westbrook...they 6'5 or under.

They may be beefier, but 80s ballers weren't hitting the weights like that. You'd have to assume they'd adjust if they played today.
Breh, it matters when the players around are all taller and stronger and wingspan is more prioritized than ever. Nobody, is saying MJ wouldn't cook, he would be an animal in any era, but he wouldn't stand out from the pack athletically and physically as much as he did back then.

Steph isn't rail thin. He's a solid 6'3 190 pounds, he looks smaller on TV than what he actually is and he's bigger than a lot of 90's NBA guards and as big as some SG's from back then. Also, Steph is strong as shyt there's a reason why he can absorb contact at the rim and is one of the best screening guards.
Stephen Curry can deadlift 400 pounds

Westbrook ain't no SG, don't reach. :ufdup:

McCollum is undersized and he isn't a true SG, he's a combo guard. Beal is 6'5 and he's well-built. Oladipo is 6'4 and is also well-built and an athletic freak.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is the most annoying thing about discussing that era. Niqqas overrate the fukk out of the brutality of that time.

What's overrated about it? Every play wasn't prison ball but there was a certain level of physicality in that era that simply does not exist now. I was scrolling thru the thread and saw a video posted about the Sonics playing defense on Jordan.

Just pay attention to the 1:58 min mark. Nothing brutal, just normal play involving elbows and hand fighting. And it's a "play on" between both Gary and MJ. However, I've seen the most physically gifted, 6'8" 260lbs behemoth of today's era, act like he got shot on simple contact

It was just different and you know it.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Breh, it matters when the players around are all taller and stronger and wingspan is more prioritized than ever. Nobody, is saying MJ wouldn't cook, he would be an animal in any era, but he wouldn't stand out from the pack athletically and physically as much as he did back then.

Steph isn't rail thin. He's a solid 6'3 190 pounds, he looks smaller on TV than what he actually is and he's bigger than a lot of 90's NBA guards and as big as some SG's from back then. Also, Steph is strong as shyt there's a reason why he can absorb contact at the rim and is one of the best screening guards.
Stephen Curry can deadlift 400 pounds

Westbrook ain't no SG, don't reach. :ufdup:

McCollum is undersized and he isn't a true SG, he's a combo guard. Beal is 6'5 and he's well-built. Oladipo is 6'4 and is also well-built and an athletic freak.

I think with access to today's medicine (aka PEDs), technology, etc MJ would stand out from the pack physically and athletically.

You right Westbrick ain't no shooting guard, he just chucks like one.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Bron stans because they know that besides those weak ass chase down blocks Bron can't defend worth a shyt. Its easy to average 35 when ur playing free safety on defense.
See you had to OD. Like Bron ain’t a 6x All-NBA Defender and DPoY runner up and his performances ain’t noted.

15th year Bron is not indicative of his career on that end.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
See you had to OD. Like Bron ain’t a 6x All-NBA Defender and DPoY runner up and his performances ain’t noted.

15th year Bron is not indicative of his career on that end.

Bron ain’t played defense in like 5 years man i don't have to use the 15 year Lebron as an example :pachaha:

And how the fukk u adding a DPOY runner up as an accomplishment, yall always finding some way to big Bron up for losing. :mjlol:

To get back on topic Jordans offensive arsenal transcends eras, ur bullshyt excuse for why these sorry defenders today could stop Jordan is fukking retarded.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
What's overrated about it? Every play wasn't prison ball but there was a certain level of physicality in that era that simply does not exist now. I was scrolling thru the thread and saw a video posted about the Sonics playing defense on Jordan.

Just pay attention to the 1:58 min mark. Nothing brutal, just normal play involving elbows and hand fighting. And it's a "play on" between both Gary and MJ. However, I've seen the most physically gifted, 6'8" 260lbs behemoth of today's era, act like he got shot on simple contact

It was just different and you know it.

Because it was far and few between and you types overrate the fukk out if it and feel a sort of way when I bring it up.

Its your JOB to disagree with me. How old were you in the late 80s and 90s?

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Golden State and Houston are two offensive juggernauts, historically good offenses. Teams play high P&R and take a ton of threes with + range now, stop it. Defense isn't "straight trash" watch the average game from back then the effort is higher today on average and it's harder to play defense there is a lot more ground to cover.

Y'all nikkas just expose y'all selves. That Golden State and Houston series actually had some great defensive games and some of the best switch defense you'll ever see. Today, is more of a team game ball movement, high P&R, three point shooting, multiple playmakers, zone defenses that deter the individuals scoring numbers.

Y'all the same mothafukkas that rave about Jordan's 63 point game in the playoffs when both teams fukking scored in the 130's and all Jordan did was BBQ cacs like McHale, Ainge, Bird, Walton, Wedman in isolation and got the switches he wanted at will.

The early 2010's was churning out historically good defensive teams like Indiana, Miami, Chicago, Memphis, Boston. The league adjusted by playing more small ball, more high P&R, taking more threes and eliminating the long two, now we are in a golden era for offense again.

First of all, calm yo hoe ass down a few notches nikka :mjlol:

Second, I never claimed to be some basketball guru so miss me with that “y’all” shyt because I don’t expose myself as shyt but a regular nikka that watches and has played sports then goes by what I see and there wasn’t anything remotely impressive about what I saw in that gsw/Houston series. I’m not an analyst and don’t get paid for the shyt so... :yeshrug:

We talkin about 2018, players havin record breaking offensive seasons across the board the last couple of years but apparently according to you dudes logic defenses couldn’t be figured out by anybody else but current players.

As it stands now we can go by what we saw happen, what those who have played co-sign, and lastly by what the numbers say. Everything else here is conjecture...

I just laugh when I see you clowns act like these nba nikkas have somehow evolved physically and mentally in the last 30 years. If you’re gonna compare em then everybody would start off on an equal playin field so if MJ would’ve played and came up now with his bbiq, work ethic, talent and athleticism with the so called advanced training and nutrition there is currently, there’s no evidence that he wouldn’t be eating now just like he did then, period. Same goes for a lot of the past greats...

You cats kill yourselves with your own logic by mentioning these dudes in league now who don’t have half the work ethic, drive and/or basketball intelligence who are able to thrive but some of the greatest in the past eras couldn’t...? Makes no sense