Grown-ass men who watch anime, can you describe the appeal?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Gantz
Berserk
One Punch Man
DBZ
Baki

Are all anime’s you should watch if you’re a dude but just not into anime really. All those kinda show why some dudes don’t mind it. Most of those are violent, fast paced, fukked up stories (Goku being a bad father trumps them all lol).

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I love crime flicks, mysteries and thrillers.

Give me a couple recommendations when you get a sec.

91 Days
Black Lagoon
Monster
Golgo 13
Detective Conan (take it or leave it)

what do you mean by thriller? Like horror stuff? If so...

anything written by Junji Ito
Higutashi no Naku Koro ni
Ghost Hunt
Corpse Party
Hell Girl

Hell, Attack on Titan will fukk you up if you're not careful :mjcry:

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
I like the animation and the stories, it's also a different type of story so that adds to it.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
91 Days
Black Lagoon
Monster
Golgo 13
Detective Conan (take it or leave it)

what do you mean by thriller? Like horror stuff? If so...

anything written by Junji Ito
Higutashi no Naku Koro ni
Ghost Hunt
Corpse Party
Hell Girl

Hell, Attack on Titan will fukk you up if you're not careful :mjcry:

Appreciate it breh.

I fukk with horror too but i meant thrillers like Usual Suspects, Silence of the Lambs, Seven, shyt like that

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
I try to watch it but I swear one person is making every anime in the world it all looks the same :pachaha:

And I swear I was the only one in the hood who didn’t watch DBZ. Used to hate when everyone would take the whole lunch talking about that ol bullshyt

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Are ya'll watching it because you watched it as a kid and just kept on as a young adult? Or are some of you like 25 and got into some kids show shyt? I watched a few episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender and didn't get it at all. It was funny, and not bad, but I wouldn't have watched that as a boy. Watched the final fight between the bald kid and the main bad guy and it was good, but that was after 3 seasons I think. What is it about cartoons that ya'll like so much, you just think shyt like DBZ is cool or is there some 'deeper meaning?' Discuss.
Check the anime thread in the film room
We got all the piff :youngsabo:

Last edited:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I drew alot growing up. I always found anime more exciting from an Artistic standpoint than western animation. I was able to mimic American artistic by 9 but not Japanese....mostly because each artist varied so differently.

Then i started actually paying attention to the stories. They were often more complex, longer and mature than western animation

Then i discovered girl p*ssy at 15:mjlit:

I started fukking with anime again after high school sports were done and i realised i missed so much piff. My asian connect had transferred before high school so i was in a drought for years minus Toonami. Internet pirating but me back in the game in 07, freshman of college.

I cant draw like a god anymore though:francis: