Grown-ass men who watch anime, can you describe the appeal?

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps

Cuz of this :blessed::ohlawd:

Thing is, folks won't understand the entire year of build up to this.

You really cared about these characters and they are presented to you in such a way, that you don't want anyone to truly die.

You understand why they do the things they do, yet your heart weeps anyway :wow:

Like you watch a friend in your life make bad decisions and you do everything you can to advise them.

But they chose their path :wow:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
:francis: Bruh, i'm pretty sure dude was referring to your suspect statement of "my son got me into anime when I was 17".
Breh :hubie: I didn't watch or buy shyt my brother did. But once I was sitting on the bed with my son like Kameha ass buying the next tape it was over.

What kinda gay shyt you on? My son liked anime to go to sleep. I watched DBZ & want to know what happened next. Got into other shows when I'd put him to sleep. fukk you on?

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
I like it cause it look cool when I’m smoking weed and high as fukk.Have me like :gladbron:

That being said if you think Dragon ball good check out more shyt

cause dragon ball wack compared to other titles that get to the action no filler

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Are ya'll watching it because you watched it as a kid and just kept on as a young adult? Or are some of you like 25 and got into some kids show shyt? I watched a few episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender and didn't get it at all. It was funny, and not bad, but I wouldn't have watched that as a boy. Watched the final fight between the bald kid and the main bad guy and it was good, but that was after 3 seasons I think. What is it about cartoons that ya'll like so much, you just think shyt like DBZ is cool or is there some 'deeper meaning?' Discuss.
Don’t get the fascination myself......it’s like certain NIKKAS couldn’t wait to be geeks, and Asian animators gave them the shot:unimpressed:

SATAN

Eve was a thot.
Daps
Reppin
HELL
Most anime that I've seen isn't for kids, a lot of anime is very dark, gory and has some very heavy scenes

Boogie

Big Homie
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
giphy.gif

Just got done watching Iron-Blooded Orphans on Netflix and seen this thread

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The thing about Anime is, that without the constraints of budget, or live action believability, the writers are free to craft stories that wouldn’t work in any other medium.

Some of the better anime are free to explore themes a live action movie would struggle to do.

Some anime is just kid shyt, power levels, special moves, and fight scenes.

Some anime truly explores human tendency, desire, relationships, etc.

Those are the ones I enjoy.