Grown-ass men who watch anime, can you describe the appeal?

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
I honestly tried to give other types of anime a shot like slice of life stuff and most of that is trash, it has to be very good high level writing to keep me on it. Im here for the shounen fighting and seinen fukkery, like anything less mature than a dbz or naruto im not into, not trying to watch japanese school girls do bloodless karate on anthropomorphic animals. Gimme that berserk feeling baybeh, that early death note :noah:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
OP is definition of :flabbynsick:

abe-simpson.gif

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
You might be quoting someone i got on ignore. Cant be me cause i aint shyt on anime nowhere in the thread.:smugfavre:
The whole premise of this thread is on some condescending shyt bruh. Like how can an adult like something that isn't live action:picard:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I drew alot growing up. I always found anime more exciting from an Artistic standpoint than western animation. I was able to mimic American artistic by 9 but not Japanese....mostly because each artist varied so differently.

Then i started actually paying attention to the stories. They were often more complex, longer and mature than western animation

Then i discovered girl p*ssy at 15:mjlit:

I started fukking with anime again after high school sports were done and i realised i missed so much piff. My asian connect had transferred before high school so i was in a drought for years minus Toonami. Internet pirating but me back in the game in 07, freshman of college.

I cant draw like a god anymore though:francis:
Yeah i stopped after DBZ and digimon and played sports and shyt

then i moved to Hawaii because of the military and started dating this black/ asian mixed chick who was into it and put me on to a few

Now i check out new shows here and there. Watching Saiki K and My Hero right now. Baki was the shyt though

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
:gucci: What makes you a Black nerd? I've been collecting comics since 14, my son got me into anime when I was 17. Dudes tried calling me a nerd until it was reality I went to jail more than they did for my fukkery. Blades came out, it's gun next or shut the fukk up.

Just cause there's a comic or anime disk on me doesn't mean there's not a weapon next to it. By definition I'm nowhere near a nerd.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
:gucci: What makes you a Black nerd? I've been collecting comics since 14, my son got me into anime when I was 17. Dudes tried calling me a nerd until it was reality I went to jail more than they did for my fukkery. Blades came out, it's gun next or shut the fukk up.

Just cause there's a comic or anime disk on me doesn't mean there's not a weapon next to it. By definition I'm nowhere near a nerd.

No disrespeck breh, but:dwillhuh:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
No disrespeck breh, but:dwillhuh:
He was 2 & he loved Scooby-Doo & Toonami on Cartoon Network so I put it on to calm him down for bed. Next thing you know I'm watching DBZ, Alchemist, Power Puff Girls & other shyt I never really watched. I was actually around 20 then looking back at the timeline.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Violence, fukkery and comedy

Interesting pseudo philosophical debates on morals and ethics and how to treat people is usually a theme

Also overcoming ones self

I dig shyt like that