Grown-ass men who watch anime, can you describe the appeal?

DrDoom

All Star
Daps
I rather give animated stories with Rocky type stories of the underdog becoming the hero than this shytty genre of reality tv shows

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I'm not really a fan of anime itself.

I'm just a fan of the historical fantasy genre that happens to include some anime.

My favorite animes of all time are Berserk, Guin saga, and The Heroic Legend of Arslan.

Besides that genre and the classics like DBZ, I hate most anime.

Check out Vinland Saga

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gantz
Berserk
One Punch Man
DBZ
Baki

Are all anime’s you should watch if you’re a dude but just not into anime really. All those kinda show why some dudes don’t mind it. Most of those are violent, fast paced, fukked up stories (Goku being a bad father trumps them all lol).

Gotta throw Attack on Titan on there.

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who else got introduced to anime when Sailor Moon started airing around the mid 90s? And then again when the SciFi channel started airing anime like 6 in the morning. Stuff like Vampire Hunter D, 8 Man After, and Demon City Shinjuki?

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps

Cuz of this :blessed::ohlawd:

Is there a version of this without the gay-ass japanese or whatever language they're speaking? It sounds laughable when they're speaking with emotion. This scene was good, but how many episodes you got to watch to get to the hot shyt? Lookin on Wikipedia, and it's like 50-something episodes of this. Is that right?

ISHIDA

All Star
Daps
Is there a version of this without the gay-ass japanese or whatever language they're speaking? It sounds laughable when they're speaking with emotion. This scene was good, but how many episodes you got to watch to get to the hot shyt? Lookin on Wikipedia, and it's like 50-something episodes of this. Is that right?
Just watch it every episode is good and you can try the sub english version but it would be garbage

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Watch what you want

but imagine watching My Little Pony at 30 years old brehs :heh:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Why does anyone watch anything? Now, you named Avatar The Last Air Bender, which whilst great isn’t anime, and DBZ. You pretty much just singled out what is typical shonen anime. There’s plenty of other shyt out there that fits your taste. Three of my favorite shows are Black Lagoon, Gangsta and 91 Days, which are similar in that they’re crime/criminal underworld stories. When I’m feeling demonic, I go find something by Go Nagai. Devilman and Violence Jack is some crazy shyt. When I want a palette cleanser, I’ll watch My Hero Acdemia or Mob Psycho 100.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
not a anime fan, but i did grow up with certain series and follow them to this day, but i came in here to quote this
You can find good story anywhere and as a writer OP, you should look any and everywhere for good story.
This is true, as a writer You may need to expand your interest.It helps you expand as a writer on what to write about and your creativity.

In addition to this age of information a good story can be right under your nose. And it might carry a idea you need to help you in your own writing that you can learn from that series.