Grown-ass men who watch anime, can you describe the appeal?

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Some shows I find lacking in creativity and plot.

My sister likes reality shows like Married to Medicine but I literally wanna claw my eyes out b/c it’s the same shyt rehashed for drama.

Your not gonna find the depths of fantasy in regular shows as u would some animation. Giants eating humans, the god-hand...the amount of cgi needed to bring shyt like that to life is...

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
For me, what got me into anime were the unique or original storylines combined with a more mature and quality art style. Nowadays, most of the shows are copycats of one another and the art style for most shows are similar. Still, I try to look for shows that appeal to my tastes and interests.

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
Are ya'll watching it because you watched it as a kid and just kept on as a young adult? Or are some of you like 25 and got into some kids show shyt? I watched a few episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender and didn't get it at all. It was funny, and not bad, but I wouldn't have watched that as a boy. Watched the final fight between the bald kid and the main bad guy and it was good, but that was after 3 seasons I think. What is it about cartoons that ya'll like so much, you just think shyt like DBZ is cool or is there some 'deeper meaning?' Discuss.

I feel you breh.
im 30 and i'll be damned if i watch something cartoon-ish.
You got grown ass adults watching Lion King and Ice Age and shyt too.
I could see if I was 15 or something but I ain't watching nttn close to a anime while im grown
:camby:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Sometimes it’s funny..

Sometimes it has interesting stories/concepts that you wouldn’t see or be able to properly produce in live action..

Sometimes it’s the art...

Its not that serious bruh... same as people who play madden or 2k all day or some shyt. No different from watching a sci-fi movie that is completely improbable.

only thing I can’t get with is the obsession with HS students

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I also have nieces, nephews, younger siblings, etc., sometimes they want me to watch shyt with them and sometimes the shyt be good af.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Animes are very diverse so there’s always something for everybody.

For example if you’re into mafia or criminal animes the Goat mafia anime ( 91 days is amazing)
tumblr_pgcokbfYSt1wrb3z2o1_400.gifv

Just an example of the diversity in Anime.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are ya'll watching it because you watched it as a kid and just kept on as a young adult? Or are some of you like 25 and got into some kids show shyt? I watched a few episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender and didn't get it at all. It was funny, and not bad, but I wouldn't have watched that as a boy. Watched the final fight between the bald kid and the main bad guy and it was good, but that was after 3 seasons I think. What is it about cartoons that ya'll like so much, you just think shyt like DBZ is cool or is there some 'deeper meaning?' Discuss.

It's no different than watching old xmen/spiderman/batman cartoons, cause for the most part they are derived from comics.

I never got into anime as a kid. I saw some dragonball and some dbz growing up but between not having cable at all, then having cable but it not having the channel, not watching a lot of tv anyway, and playing sports. I just missed the wave.

I knew all about dbz cats talked about it, drew the characters, wore the shirts and shyt.

As an adult I'm not trying to go down the rabbit hole but when something is good, it's good.

I saw One Punch Man on Hulu and was like "Let me turn this on in the background while I workout, it'll probably be trash and I won't even pay attention"

:stopitslime: I watched season 1 4 times! Bout to go ham on season 2 which is on cartoon network in English. So far Hulu just has the subs.

I have the watchmen comic, and watched the movie and big watch the show. While that ain't anime, it's no different then people being big into marvel/dc or game of thrones the books then the show's.

One Punch, is a series of books converted to tv show.
$_57.JPG

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I like Studio Ghibli and similar Anime it’s actually relaxing to watch imo and I got into late ...

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps

nikka do you mean AANG AND THE FIRELORD?! :dahell:

:scust: at all that Avatar disrespect