God of War | PS4/ PC |

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the 2 most disappointing/overhyped games this gen...not looking to troll...not going extreme and calling them trash either...jmo

I’d give it to BOTW definitely and RDR2
Your my guy and everything, but I gotta hit the :picard: for this one

Why were they disappointing to you?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why were they disappointing to you?

quick nutshell...I’m not the biggest RPG fan @ the witcher...and GOW deviated from the type of game it was which I didn’t mind (I’m in favor of devs challenging themselves plus the game was now on a new console) but I didn’t like what it became...I appreciate the ambition but was underwhelmed by the execution...just wasn’t a fun/interesting game to me

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
the 2 most disappointing/overhyped games this gen...not looking to troll...not going extreme and calling them trash either...jmo

I’d give it to BOTW definitely and RDR2
I've never played a Zelda game, ever. I always liked other shyt. I stopped playing Nintendo games after the Gamecube. I will say this. The art looks nice in the game. PC Cemu version looks crisp. But it looks boring. Is there even a story? It looks like Link is just running around in the great outdoors. Solving puzzles, and camping. I want to get into the series but i think it's not for me :manny:

Red Dead 2 i did not finish. I am a huge R* fan. I loved Red Dead 1. I don't think it was a 10\10 like most think (pretty much no game is a 10 imo). But from what i played of 2. Part 1 is better. Too much riding that damn horse and talking. And doing all that micro managing with them slow ass animations is terrible. 2 is bigger, has better dialogue, and graphically better. Part 1 has better gameplay, and story. Which is my top 2 things i want from a game.

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my bad...I thought he at least played it lol smh
Nah he did, he just isn’t big on the story if I remember right

and fair enough, I personally loved everything about GOW, but bear in mind this is coming from somebody who never played a GOW game before

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never played a Zelda game, ever. I always liked other shyt. I stopped playing Nintendo games after the Gamecube. I will say this. The art looks nice in the game. PC Cemu version looks crisp. But it looks boring. Is there even a story? It looks like Link is just running around in the great outdoors. Solving puzzles, and camping. I want to get into the series but i think it's not for me :manny:

Red Dead 2 i did not finish. I am a huge R* fan. I loved Red Dead 1. I don't think it was a 10\10 like most think (pretty much no game is a 10 imo). But from what i played of 2. Part 1 is better. Too much riding that damn horse and talking. And doing all that micro managing with them slow ass animations is terrible. 2 is bigger, has better dialogue, and graphically better. Part 1 has better gameplay, and story. Which is m top 2 things i want from a game.
RDR2 was another 9 for me, My main gripe was the movement/controls, I don’t know how they made a game that beautifully detailed but have the controls be that nasty and sluggish

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never played a Zelda game, ever. I always liked other shyt. I stopped playing Nintendo games after the Gamecube. I will say this. The art looks nice in the game. PC Cemu version looks crisp. But it looks boring. Is there even a story? It looks like Link is just running around in the great outdoors. Solving puzzles, and camping. I want to get into the series but i think it's not for me...

up until BOTW I had only played legend on NES and link to the past on SNES...wasn’t sure what to expect w/ this but I liked the gameplay I saw and ended up loving the game...if you saw the gameplay and didn’t like it then the game may not be for you...no knock there...there’s definitely an on-going story just no voiced dialogue

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
up until BOTW I had only played legend on NES and link to the past on SNES...wasn’t sure what to expect w/ this but I liked the gameplay I saw and ended up loving the game...if you saw the gameplay and didn’t like it then the game may not be for you...no knock there...there’s definitely an on-going story just no voiced dialogue

Regular convos aren’t voiced but the main story cutscenes are, along with the memories, outside of the gawd of course
iXDjm38.png

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...I personally loved everything about GOW, but bear in mind this is coming from somebody who never played a GOW game before

I’m the opposite...I’ve played every one even the PSP joint lol

*edit*

I didn’t play the 2nd one released on the PSP

Daps
That’s not his opinion, his original edit had some shyt about forcing characters you don’t like on you or whatever, dude was trolling lol

The game (TLOU 2) did disappoint me in terms of story and game layout (for the 2nd half)
It's not as great as the professional review scores
I can actually list multiple criticisms but I'm not going to do that in a GOW thread :mjlol:

Last edited: