God of War | PS4/ PC |

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Man I was forcing myself to play Red Dead 2, but I was not having fun playing it. It's a beautiful game, but it's so much tedious shyt to do. They chose ultra realism over fun, and I absolutely loved RDR1. I'm still early into the game, so I'm going to give it another try at some point. But GOW was just so much fun & fulfilling to play. Everything about the game was piff to me.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
holy fukk this game is boring...I’ve forced myself to play it and try to enjoy it but this ain’t it...game is EXTREMELY linear...deleted it and all saved data...yikes...I’ve never questioned IGN giving games 10s before...but this shyt didn’t warrant a perfect score @ all
A game being linear is not a slight

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A game being linear is not a slight

true not always but in this case it was so extreme to me that it was

but I understand where you’re coming from tho...I feel that way when cats say certain games are repetitive...and I feel that doesn’t always have to convey a negative tone

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man I was forcing myself to play Red Dead 2, but I was not having fun playing it. It's a beautiful game, but it's so much tedious shyt to do. They chose ultra realism over fun, and I absolutely loved RDR1. I'm still early into the game, so I'm going to give it another try at some point. But GOW was just so much fun & fulfilling to play. Everything about the game was piff to me.
agree with everything you said. RDR2 just wasn't it for me. gave the game away

gow is fun af

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Just tried RDR2 again yesterday. I finished this mission:

I literally can't get past the sluggishness, the controls, and the fact that half my playthrough so far is riding my damn horse. I know Arthur's a cowboy but :camby:I don't remember having to ride my horse this much, for so long on RD1. The map in RDR2 is too damn big for no reason. Getting from point A to point B is too time consuming. And, "If you set a waypoint (red path) and and hold down X, then go to cinematic mode, then you can set the controller down and go afk. If it is a route for a mission (yellow path) then you have to hold down X the whole time in cinematic mode.":mindblown:

I find it mind boggling a majority of folk don't say anything about the problems the game has. And if they do. They still give it a 10/10 :wtf:I feel like people look the other way when it's R*.

I copped Persona 5 Royale a couple weeks ago. I think i'm a just give that another try instead. I'm only like 45 minutes into it.

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
true not always but in this case it was so extreme to me that it was

but I understand where you’re coming from tho...I feel that way when cats say certain games are repetitive...and I feel that doesn’t always have to convey a negative tone
Also this game is not linear

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Apparently if it isn't open world with non-stop roaming its automatically linear.

wide linear is still linear obviously

'Until Dawn' and 'Uncharted' are the two best linear PS4 exclusives I've played. 'Ratchet & Clank' is also excellent but I agree its more like semi-linear (but not open).

god of war is every bit as linear an experience as uncharted 4 is...silly

you can like the game and still admit that lol

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

from santa monica studio themselves...

Speaking to VentureBeat, Barlog recognized that the kind of manpower and resources needed to pull off open world games is not something Sony Santa Monica would have been able to muster up, which was one of the reasons why the studio decided to stick with a wide linear structure.

God of War Director Reveals Why The Game Isn’t Open World: “We Wouldn’t Have Been Able To Compete”

Barlog is pretty adamant on calling God of War wide linear...

:mjlol: