God of War | PS4/ PC |

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
I have to disagree. I feel like people have been exaggerating how good the first boss fight was.
It was fun, and the transitions from cinematic to gameplay and back were amazing, but the fight itself was very straight forward.
Nothing at all on the same scale as previous first bosses in the GOW series.
I saw people saying that this boss fight was better than the one with Poseidon. :hhh:
GOW is fantastic, but we don't need to add exaggerations to an already great game.

I can see why previous entries boss fights appeal to you more and in fact I agree, on average I'd say GoW 3 Boss Fights >>>>>>>>>> GoW 2018 boss fights.

GoW 2018, imo has a higher peak with the Stranger Boss Fight. It misses the scale and set pieces but it was superbly done. Superior gameplay plays a part as well.

1. Stranger fight
2. GoW 3 boss fights

3. Rest of GoW 2018 boss fights

This is coming from someone who was skeptical of the reviews.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
No.

The Stranger was the shyt.

Fukk Poseidon.
:dahell:What are you nuts? We must not be playing the same game.
How can anyone play the Poseidon boss fight and "The Stranger" boss fight and think the 2 are on the same level? :mindblown:
The freakin snake horses coming at you from everywhere, the angles the whole level turns, that brutal ending.
The Stranger fight was dope, but it was a straight up fist fight. I'm not trying to take anything away from it, but come on.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
latest
:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

Pineal Gland

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PG County
Valkyrie was whipping my ass .Don't Tell me the others are harder
Killed the one by the Witch's house, almost lost a controller

bytch kept summoning adds, with each wave getting more annoying... an unblockable long range attack that knocked off about a third of my health... and another long range attack that can't be dodged

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Good times all around except...
The amount of troll bosses in this game is out of line. I can understand if the setting doesn't have a lot of unique gods like Greek mythology but at least they could have mixed it up. Beating the 40th troll with the same head punch to log on head combo is crazy. Also outside of maybe one or two creatures, they really toned down on the violence. Not to say that violence is the draw but compared to how he was ripping of heads and legs in GoW 3, it seems like they tried to clean the game up a bit to make sure they wouldn't have controversy. That also looks like what went down considering 90% of the bad guys are some variation of Ice or rock or a spirit. I'm assuming Jaffe leaving SSM had a lot to do with the pulling back of that aspect.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
:dahell:What are you nuts? We must not be playing the same game.
How can anyone play the Poseidon boss fight and "The Stranger" boss fight and think the 2 are on the same level? :mindblown:
The freakin snake horses coming at you from everywhere, the angles the whole level turns, that brutal ending.
The Stranger fight was dope, but it was a straight up fist fight. I'm not trying to take anything away from it, but come on.
It was more personal

The setting was more impressive

Smashing him the the woods ... Trees falling down and shyt, plus at the time you don't even know who he is ..or what he is...

Sorry the stranger fight was just incredible

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can see why previous entries boss fights appeal to you more and in fact I agree, on average I'd say GoW 3 Boss Fights >>>>>>>>>> GoW 2018 boss fights.

GoW 2018, imo has a higher peak with the Stranger Boss Fight. It misses the scale and set pieces but it was superbly done. Superior gameplay plays a part as well.

1. Stranger fight
2. GoW 3 boss fights

3. Rest of GoW 2018 boss fights

This is coming from someone who was skeptical of the reviews.
Have you seen the other boss fights in GOW? There was one I just did that was on the scale of the previous ones :banderas:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Spent like an hour on some random quest. First it was me trying to take down a Thor statue. Saw some level 5 enemies and hopped right back in the boat(still level 2) Went to another part of the area and saw a dragon posted like :birdman: Had to battle between regenerating enemies, dragon fire, the dragon shocking the ground, etc. Stumbled on some area with a troll locked underground. Health bar was purple. Had to jet out there too. This game is crazy as fukk. This all side missions too