Giancarlo Esposito says he had talks with Marvel and reveals what role he wants to play

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
My vote for Magneto will always be Clive Owen. Giancarlo Esposito is a perfect professor X though. I think Javier Bardem would be perfect for Dr. Doom. He has a menacing voice and easily be misconstrued as Latvian.
Never even thought about Clive Owen...fukk that'd be great... :damn:
They'll probably do it. They'll make Xavier Dominican and Magneto a survivor of the Bosnian civil war. WWII was too far away.

I'd want Michael Fassbender to be doctor doom. He would absolutely kill it in that role.
Magneto being from Kosovo/Bosnia/Herzegovina is my retcon of his story. Geographically, they're adjacent to what seems like Sokovia so they can add in all of the trauma and Stryfe there and intertwine it with Wanda if they want. Maybe he gave Wanda and Pietro up for adoption so they can explain the other parents being dead.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nathan Fielder should be DOOM if we keeping it a a band

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
he would be a great xavier. doom has to be the same generation as mr fantastic which will most likely be cast about 2 decades younger than giancarlo. it also looks like they would have to keep the genocide story for magneto, so an actor who can look bosnian would probably be preferred.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All the Magnetos been dope so far. He'd be great in the role. He does calm and menacing well

Yall done lost your mind if you think a black man is going to get the role of a holocaust survivor:laff:

And personally for me,this man has acted in a little too much for me. Not to sound :mjpls:,but I feel like he would bring the big budget feel down if hes in a major role. It would be like having Clifton Powell play Apocalypse. Granted ,he would definitely kill that shyt better than the last actor who played him. But these guys are the go to villians for low budget film and t.v. sorry,but I have them pigeonholed. GianCarlo more than Clifton since ive seen Clifton in more big time blockbusters.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Yall done lost your mind if you think a black man is going to get the role of a holocaust survivor:laff:

And personally for me,this man has acted in a little too much for me. Not to sound :mjpls:,but I feel like he would bring the big budget feel down if hes in a major role. It would be like having Clifton Powell play Apocalypse. Granted ,he would definitely kill that shyt better than the last actor who played him. But these guys are the go to villians for low budget film and t.v. sorry,but I have them pigeonholed. GianCarlo more than Clifton since ive seen Clifton in more big time blockbusters.
That's what I'm saying. I highly doubt they're gonna make Xavier or magneto black.

Daps

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

CYCLOPS, JEAN, STORM, NIGHT CRAWLER DIDNT
SHOW UP UNTIL THE 80S IN THAT TIMELINE.

DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE MOVIES?
:devil:
:evil:

Okay. Well they was grown men and women in the 80s and that would still make him my dad's age (late 50s, early 60s).

My point still stands.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Okay. Well they was grown men and women in the 80s and that would still make him my dad's age (late 50s, early 60s).

My point still stands.

HOW ABOUT YOU STOP
SPEAKING ON SOME shyt YOU
DIDNT WATCH?

ANYTHING YOU SAY
ON THE TOPIC IS VOID.

WHO THE fukk SAID
THE XMEN WERE SUPPOSED
TO TAKE PLACE IN 2022?

DID THE SHOW YOU WATCHED
AS A KID TAKE PLACE IN 2022?

Daps

HOW ABOUT YOU STOP
SPEAKING ON SOME shyt YOU
DIDNT WATCH?

ANYTHING YOU SAY
ON THE TOPIC IS VOID.

WHO THE fukk SAID
THE XMEN WERE SUPPOSED
TO TAKE PLACE IN 2022?

DID THE SHOW YOU WATCHED
AS A KID TAKE PLACE IN 2022?

Breh... no it did not. But neither did the Spiderman or Iron Man or Hulk or Avengers cartoon that I watched growing up. They all took place at the time they were made. I want Xmen to do the same thing.

Furthermore why you so mad?:mjtf: I thought we was cool and you cussing me out now over a throwaway comment I made about Xmen of all things:dead:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Breh... no it did not. But neither did the Spiderman or Iron Man or Hulk or Avengers cartoon that I watched growing up. They all took place at the time they were made. I want Xmen to do the same thing.

Furthermore why you so mad?:mjtf: I thought we was cool and you cussing me out now over a throwaway comment I made about Xmen of all things:dead:

BREAUGH DISNEY IS LITERALLY
COMING OUT WITH SHOW
IN 2023 TITLED XMEN 97
WHICH PICKS UP RIGHT WHERE
THE SHOW YOU WATCHED AS A KID
TAKES PLACE.

ON TOP OF THAT THE 1ST XMEN TRILOGY DID TAKE PLACE IN CURRENT TIMES SO THEM GOING A DIFFERENT
ROUTE WAS PERFECT.

Daps

BREAUGH DISNEY IS LITERALLY
COMING OUT WITH SHOW
IN 2023 TITLED XMEN 97
WHICH PICKS UP RIGHT WHERE
THE SHOW YOU WATCHED AS A KID
TAKES PLACE.

ON TOP OF THAT THE 1ST XMEN TRILOGY DID TAKE PLACE IN CURRENT TIMES SO THEM GOING A DIFFERENT
ROUTE WAS PERFECT.

But Xmen 97 and the Xmen MCU are going to be separate things, are they not?

I'd rather they base the Xmen in the here and now, otherwise how do you explain them not being there for Thanos, etc?

It would be better to make it where the Xmen is forming secretly right now to be revealed in a couple of years as opposed to them trying to convince us that they been active all this time but nobody has heard of them or even heard of a mutant.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But Xmen 97 and the Xmen MCU are going to be separate things, are they not?

I'd rather they base the Xmen in the here and now, otherwise how do you explain them not being there for Thanos, etc?

It would be better to make it where the Xmen is forming secretly right now to be revealed in a couple of years as opposed to them trying to convince us that they been active all this time but nobody has heard of them or even heard of a mutant.

Im not sure,but I feel like they are going to reset everything with X-Men. These last MCU movies we are seeing will be the last ones connected to this universe. You may still have t.v shows connected to it but no more movies.

Then they will build an entire universe around xmen like they did with Avengers. And just like that another 30 year run:ohlawd:.

So you will have a new Cap,new Iron Man,new Thor,new Hulk etc in the Xmen universe. If they are going to build up to an Xmen vs Avengers. How would they do that with this current C list Avengers lineup:scust:.

Feels like the smartest way to do it. And no need for elaborate explanation of where they were when Thanos came. People are just about fatigued of this universe anyway. So i dont think youd see a major uproar. Set up your tv shows with these final films,then reboot it all. Might even get that Tom cruise as Iron Man afterall:whoo: