Giancarlo Esposito says he had talks with Marvel and reveals what role he wants to play

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Double toasted said him as professor x and Denzel as magneto with the backdrop being the civil rights movement in the south in the 60s instead of holocaust. I was like :ohhh:

Denzel wouldn’t do it though so I was trying to think of another actor in that age group that could have the gravitas to go with Giancarlo. Forest was already in black panther. Larry Fish in antman. I’m a big Coleman Domingo fan but he’s probably a little too young. Who else :jbhmm:
Imagine if Denzel actually went through with that and Marvel announced it at this year’s D23. Breh. :wow:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
That should have been Denzel's role, might be a little too late for him to take it now. A controversy free Will Smith would make sense, Blair Underwood would be a sleeper pick for me.
Wtf is Blue Marvel is gonna do in the MCU...we haven't even got to true icons like Silver Surfer yet...lol

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Because what do people know him for best? A villain. To switch to hero? :hhh: Nah breh.

Technically...Doom is a "hero" lol, or an Anti-vilain.

Marvel Studios should write him just like they did Ironman. He's not a "big bad" that either falls in the first few apperances or even 10 years down the line. He, like other dictators are not people you can just remove from the board without consequence. He is someone that the Avengers HAVE to contend with.

People keep talking about the MCU not having an ancor since Steve and Tony took a bow. With T'challa gone, the logical play is to make that person Doom. His arc should be similar to Iron Man's, not Thanos or any "villian" really.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I would cast him as Doom but he would make a great Magneto as well.
But he personally seems to want to be Prof X. So we'll see what happens.

I'm convinced they are announcing whatever he's gonna be in at D23 though.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Wtf is Blue Marvel is gonna do in the MCU...we haven't even got to true icons like Silver Surfer yet...lol

He can do plenty, just not as a centerpiece. You got "The Marvels" on the way featuring what could be an amalgamation of The Ultimates with Carol and Monica...He and America could easily show up in that movie.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
For the love of fukk, no. For God's sake, no. Please don't make the internet win. You saw what happened when they let Krasinski played Mr. Fantastic.

He's been a villain for the entirety of his second life of his career. I'll take him as Doom but please, fukk, I don't want him as Professor X or anybody that's good. And that goes for Magneto too, keep that nikka Jewish. WHITE Jewish, not Lenny Kravitz.

what happened?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Giancarlo Espisito is killing it in whatever role they were to give him. If they hadn't already wasted him, there is nobody I can see pulling off Doom better than Mads Mikkelsen. Since he can't do it, Christoph Waltz would kill it as Doom or Magneto. I say all of those things to also say I have no faith in any of those three guys being given worthwhile material to showcase their skills :francis: