Not open for further replies.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I’m fukkin done breh. You got it. You think 1 apple multiplied by 5 is 1 apple. :dead:

I think 5 piles of 1 apple each is 5, breh.

Just like 0 piles of 1 apple is 0.

You want to use the "just say multiply by 0 to the apple" argument when arguing against multiplication by 0, but you won't use your same argument for any other multiplication.

If you have a bunch of boxes with one apple in each both, and you tell someone, "You get 0 of these boxes", then how many apples are they going to get? That is EXACTLY was "0 x 1" means.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I dig this interview....Neil Degrasse Tyson should have this man on StarTalk.

:whoa:

I don't want to put him in the same room as any scientist who might challenge his claims a little too forcefully, mayne. :damn:

"In 2000, Howard was on a Continental Airlines flight from Toronto to Cleveland. According to reports from that time, Howard was standing in the aisle while the seat-belt light was on. The actor was reportedly taking his toddler to the bathroom. A female flight attendant told Howard to sit down. He allegedly grabbed her wrist and yelled at her to get out of his way, a police lieutenant told the press at the time. When the plane landed in Cleveland, Howard was charged with assault and spent the night in jail. (Howard’s mugshot photos from Cleveland appear above.) But the district attorney’s office dropped the case, explaining that it was a federal matter, because it occurred in the skies in an airplane. The FBI investigated, but federal charges were never filed."

"It was reported on The Smoking Gun that Howard had been arrested in 2001 for a variety of charges related to a violent attack on his estranged first wife, including simple assault, terroristic threats, harassment, and stalking. According to police reports, he arrived at her house after an argument on the phone, forced entry into her home by breaking in doors, and chased her into the backyard where he punched her twice in the face with a closed fist. The violent attack ended when Howard's brother stepped in. In 2002, he pleaded guilty to disturbing the peace."

"Howard attacked a couple at Ray's Dining Car—now Ray's Restaurant & Malt Shop—in 2005. The news only surfaced today, as it was suppressed by his legal team for many years. Apparently Howard attacked Danielle DiStefano and Kevin Saffell, after cursing out DiStefano when the hostess started seating the couple before Howard. Saffell demanded an apology, and the actor proceeded to punch him in the face. After he hit the ground, Howard punched DiStefano in the chest. Realizing what he had done, Howard fled the scene, but was apprehended by police a short distance away."

"In 2008, he made his Broadway debut, playing Brick in an all-African-American production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, directed by Debbie Allen. During rehearsals, he allegedly attacked and seriously injured musical composer Tex Allen (brother of the director). Allen said he suffered multiple injuries and in October 2008, Allen filed a $5 million lawsuit against Howard."

"On December 5, 2011, a judge granted Howard's then-wife Michelle Ghent a restraining order based on her claims that Howard had caused her physical injuries that required medical attention, once broke her computer in half, repeatedly threatened her, and stalked her by telephone and on the Internet."

"In August 2013, Ghent obtained a second restraining order against him after showing up in court with a black eye she says he gave her."

When Terrance Howard was a little kid, his dad stabbed a man to death right in front of him while they were waiting in the Santa line (Terrance got blood all over him), and Terrance talks to this day about how his dad is the one who taught him how to be tough and deal with things like a man, but society is weak and doesn't want to affirm men being men anymore.

TheHonorableOmarSharif

HOLGang President U.N.I.T. Representative
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte by way of Chucktown What
:whoa:

I don't want to put him in the same room as any scientist who might challenge his claims a little too forcefully, mayne. :damn:

"In 2000, Howard was on a Continental Airlines flight from Toronto to Cleveland. According to reports from that time, Howard was standing in the aisle while the seat-belt light was on. The actor was reportedly taking his toddler to the bathroom. A female flight attendant told Howard to sit down. He allegedly grabbed her wrist and yelled at her to get out of his way, a police lieutenant told the press at the time. When the plane landed in Cleveland, Howard was charged with assault and spent the night in jail. (Howard’s mugshot photos from Cleveland appear above.) But the district attorney’s office dropped the case, explaining that it was a federal matter, because it occurred in the skies in an airplane. The FBI investigated, but federal charges were never filed."

"It was reported on The Smoking Gun that Howard had been arrested in 2001 for a variety of charges related to a violent attack on his estranged first wife, including simple assault, terroristic threats, harassment, and stalking. According to police reports, he arrived at her house after an argument on the phone, forced entry into her home by breaking in doors, and chased her into the backyard where he punched her twice in the face with a closed fist. The violent attack ended when Howard's brother stepped in. In 2002, he pleaded guilty to disturbing the peace."

"Howard attacked a couple at Ray's Dining Car—now Ray's Restaurant & Malt Shop—in 2005. The news only surfaced today, as it was suppressed by his legal team for many years. Apparently Howard attacked Danielle DiStefano and Kevin Saffell, after cursing out DiStefano when the hostess started seating the couple before Howard. Saffell demanded an apology, and the actor proceeded to punch him in the face. After he hit the ground, Howard punched DiStefano in the chest. Realizing what he had done, Howard fled the scene, but was apprehended by police a short distance away."

"In 2008, he made his Broadway debut, playing Brick in an all-African-American production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, directed by Debbie Allen. During rehearsals, he allegedly attacked and seriously injured musical composer Tex Allen (brother of the director). Allen said he suffered multiple injuries and in October 2008, Allen filed a $5 million lawsuit against Howard."

"On December 5, 2011, a judge granted Howard's then-wife Michelle Ghent a restraining order based on her claims that Howard had caused her physical injuries that required medical attention, once broke her computer in half, repeatedly threatened her, and stalked her by telephone and on the Internet."

"In August 2013, Ghent obtained a second restraining order against him after showing up in court with a black eye she says he gave her."

When Terrance Howard was a little kid, his dad stabbed a man to death right in front of him while they were waiting in the Santa line (Terrance got blood all over him), and Terrance talks to this day about how his dad is the one who taught him how to be tough and deal with things like a man, but society is weak and doesn't want to affirm men being men anymore.
i understand. But, what if he has a point?

Tesla....Bell....hell, even Walter Russell all had their faults.

What if straight lines aren't the answer to deeper meaning?

I just judge the message....not the messenger.

Remaking Saturn with no gravity has my curiosity. Should have yours...too.

TheHonorableOmarSharif

HOLGang President U.N.I.T. Representative
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte by way of Chucktown What
his ar/vr patent is legit

but...let's think about it...what if electricity/magnetism is a better explanation than gravity/big bang?

:jbhmm:

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Having his defences deeply penetrated from so many different angles by someone who can spit like Terrence could kill Neil. Neil would have a stroke and shyt himself.

neil-degrasse-tyson.gif

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
i understand. But, what if he has a point?

Tesla....Bell....hell, even Walter Russell all had their faults.

What if straight lines aren't the answer to deeper meaning?

I just judge the message....not the messenger.

Remaking Saturn with no gravity has my curiosity. Should have yours...too.

In that post, I was just making a joke about how he might react to a serious argument with NDT.

In terms of his scientific knowledge, I debunked that earlier. On straight lines specifically, his logical leap made no sense because it seems like he doesn't understand wave-particle duality or what the collapse of the waveform means. Wave paths aren't what is relevant once you're talking about physical objects that have are undergoing interactions, the wave function collapses at that point. If he merely understood the double-slit experiment, for example, it would break apart his narrative of "no straight lines" and make the rest of that logical process senseless.

Status
Not open for further replies.