Finally watched Thor Ragnorak and :gladbron:

Conz

Superstar
Daps

tumblr_oz0e63sLMu1r5a08so6_540.gif

tumblr_oz0e63sLMu1r5a08so4_540.gif

tumblr_oz0e63sLMu1r5a08so5_r1_540.gif

tumblr_oz0e63sLMu1r5a08so7_r1_540.gif

now that i know this technology exists, i need to see a short film shot entirely this way at the very least

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
On the contrary I think it's more relevant than ever considering the depth of talent they have these days and how most of them have been misused since they've debuted, yet people still think shyt will be somehow different next Monday

Also I think there's a difference between searching for the good between the bad and not understanding that the bad is just always gonna be there and it's really no point in typing longwinded impassioned internet posts about it

I meant your argument on people still watching even tho they complain.

@VillanoVIII I'm well aware there's already threads on this film lol and you act like I'm not posted up in TSC all the time :mjlol:

How come you couldn't post this in the main thread tho? :comeon:

I saw it last week and posted my thoughts in it. :usure:

And I know you're a TSC head. Whats your point? :dwillhuh: a

EDIT: even made a JL thread. :dead:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Facts
Quicksilver literally was like "i bet you didn't see that coming:umad::mjlol::deadrose:" as he was dying.

And yet thats OK but when Darth Vader says "don't choke on your aspirations :birdman::ufdup:"

people were like :beli::camby: why is he making jokes?

I’d argue both of those moments are fine. The quicksilver shyt was a payoff and callback while also perfectly inline with his character.

The Vader shyt was just cold blooded

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The only real problem (joke-wise I mean....there was quite a few things that sunk the movie) with "AOU" was them turning Ultron into a stand up comedian. shyt was super corny. I get that in this version of the character he's supposed to be a twisted reflection of Tony Stark's personality but it just felt goofy.

And I'm not some kind of comic purist....I haven't read a comic since the early 90's.

Anyway, the Russos seem to have enough sense not to make their antagonists crack jokes every two seconds so "Infinity War" should be fine in that regard.

Fred.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The only real problem (joke-wise I mean....there was quite a few things that sunk the movie) with "AOU" was them turning Ultron into a stand up comedian. shyt was super corny. I get that in this version of the character he's supposed to be a twisted reflection of Tony Stark's personality but it just felt goofy.

And I'm not some kind of comic purist....I haven't read a comic since the early 90's.

Anyway, the Russos seem to have enough sense not to make their antagonists crack jokes every two seconds so "Infinity War" should be fine in that regard.

Fred.
I'm so happy they're directing this and Avengers 4. They basically get their own trilogy if you consider Civil War an Avengers film.:takedat:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
How come you couldn't post this in the main thread tho? :comeon:

I saw it last week and posted my thoughts in it. :usure:

And I know you're a TSC head. Whats your point? :dwillhuh: a

EDIT: even made a JL thread. :dead:

Those threads are a mess... stans going at stans, people who don't work for Disney or WB acting like they do etc. I felt like making a clean slate.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm so happy they're directing this and Avengers 4. They basically get their own trilogy if you consider Civil War an Avengers film.:takedat:

I gotta hold the L because I didn't think they had the talent to pull off an ensemble movie. I knew they worked on "Arrested Development" but that doesn't necessarily translate into being able to carry a comic movie. But yeah....I was 100% wrong.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Usually I merge threads like this but The Film Room is one of the lowest trafficked sub-forums on the site so I been letting stuff like this slide because it does spark new discussions. If he just added to the original thread I doubt people would be in there discussing things to this extent.

Fred.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Facts
Quicksilver literally was like "i bet you didn't see that coming:umad::mjlol::deadrose:" as he was dying.

And yet thats OK but when Darth Vader says "don't choke on your aspirations :birdman::ufdup:"

people were like :beli::camby: why is he making jokes?

I’d argue both of those moments are fine. The quicksilver shyt was a payoff and callback while also perfectly inline with his character.

The Vader shyt was just cold blooded

that entire quicksilver thing was a big F U to fox... they used him first in DOTF and they had him moving bullets around ,, that the reason he got shot ...
that's my opinion anyway

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
that entire quicksilver thing was a big F U to fox... they used him first in DOTF and they had him moving bullets around ,, that the reason he got shot ...
that's my opinion anyway
Fox's quicksilver was massively OP. Looked like Doctor Strange with the time stone. Even when he wasn't moving people were frozen in a single moment as opposed to just being in slow motion.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Loved the movie. This is an outlandish opinion, but Iiked it.

I'd rank it in that honorable mention category after my top 5 of BP, WS, CW, GOTG2 and Homecoming

See I dont see it as outlandish. He's not saying which one is better, he's saying which one he enjoyed more.

I enjoy Mortal Kombat and Tango and Cash more than something like Apocalypse Now. But I love Apocalypse Now and also know which is the better flick . But if I'm flipping channels and one of those two is on tv along with apocalypse now, I know which one way I'm going. No different than knowing what food is good for you but wanting some junk food every now and then