Finally watched Thor Ragnorak and :gladbron:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Yeah what he said. You can think something is the better movie but enjoy something else more. Black panther is better than homecoming or the two guardians movies but I enjoy both of those more :manny:

And ragnarok is dope
it's not the "best" movie. even i know that. so it's just easier to throw a "this is crazy but" qualifier on the opinion

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Not to mention who knows if Thor is even alive after "Infinity War".

Fred.
I'm almost postive it's either going to be Tony Stark or Captain America who dies. They're not going to step on the impact of one their deaths by having the other die in the same movie though, so it's either one or the other not both.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm almost postive it's either going to be Tony Stark or Captain America who dies. They're not going to step on the impact of one their deaths by having the other die in the same movie though, so it's either one or the other not both.

Yeah some people will die and others will just be written out. Sent into outer space or some other weird shyt. Those contracts expired lol. I’m also convinced banner is done after this and will probably die

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Breh half of the OG MCU cast doesn't have contracts after both these movies wrap. So more than a couple of them are going to die over the next two movies.

Now, they could re-up their contracts but Feige has said the MCU is going to look drastically different moving forward and RDJ himself has said these Thanos movies aren't your typical "OMG it's the end of the world people will die....oh wait, they didn't" situation. He said people are going to die.

Not to mention it's Thanos. He killed off half the universe in the original story....he ain't gonna stop at one or two Avengers.

Fred.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Breh half of the OG MCU cast doesn't have contracts after both these movies wrap. So more than a couple of them are going to die over the next two movies.

Now, they could re-up their contracts but Feige has said the MCU is going to look drastically different moving forward and RDJ himself has said these Thanos movies aren't your typical "OMG it's the end of the world people will die....oh wait, they didn't" situation. He said people are going to die.

Not to mention it's Thanos. He killed off half the universe in the original story....he ain't gonna stop at one or two Avengers.

Fred.
Breh, they were saying that before Age of Ultron and only ended up killing Quicksilver. This time it'll be One major Hero and a sidekick/character from one of the heroes rogues galleries. My guess is Iron Man Dies, and one of Thor's friends/enemies (like Loki) dies. Thats just in Part 3. In Part 4 the other guy will die (Cap) and another side character like Gamorra's sister.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I thought it was ok but they OD'ed on the jokes. I don't mind humor in comic movies but there was a joke or visual gag every two seconds and half of them was :ld: to me.

I'm starting to realize the problem with the MCU villains isn't that they're necessarily bad....but so many of these movies kill them off after one appearance so it's hard to take them seriously. Even fan favorite Loki didn't really come into his own until "Avengers". If Ronan or Hela or Malekith appeared in multiple movies it would go a long way towards making them seem like a credible threat.

Fred.
The overabundance of jokes it what hurts the rewatchability imo. Seeing this without knowing what to expect puts it in the top tier of marvel movies. But The second watch is low key in the mid to bottom tier because i can't laugh at the same joke twice unless it's particularly classic comedy like some Richard Pryor level shyt.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Breh, they were saying that before Age of Ultron and only ended up killing Quicksilver. This time it'll be One major Hero and a sidekick/character from one of the heroes rogues galleries. My guess is Iron Man Dies, and one of Thor's friends/enemies (like Loki) dies. Thats just in Part 3. In Part 4 the other guy will die (Cap) and another side character like Gamorra's sister.

:gucci:

I don't remember them talking about a bunch of characters will die in "AOU".

Regardless, that was never an option. All the actors still had contracts for like 3-4 more movies after "AOU".

Ironman, Cap, Thor, Black Widow, Hulk, Loki and Hawkeye don't have contracts after the 4th Avengers movie. I could be wrong but I don't think Nick Fury does either, counting "Captain Marvel".

That's basically the entirety of The Avengers team. The old one, anyway.

Then there's a gang of side characters that don't have contracts going forward, either. The Collector, most/all of the Nova Corp, etc. will most likely die just based on their proximity to Infinity Stones.

I doubt they'll kill both Ironman and Cap in the same movie but a gang of people will die just based on the fact that their contracts are up.

Fred.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i'm jumping the gun but thor ragnorak is my favorite marvel movie right now. it was straight out of left field and so different from every other marvel movie and that made it refreshing.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:gucci:

I don't remember them talking about a bunch of characters will die in "AOU".

Regardless, that was never an option. All the actors still had contracts for like 3-4 more movies after "AOU".

Ironman, Cap, Thor, Black Widow, Hulk, Loki and Hawkeye don't have contracts after the 4th Avengers movie. I could be wrong but I don't think Nick Fury does either, counting "Captain Marvel".

That's basically the entirety of The Avengers team. The old one, anyway.

Then there's a gang of side characters that don't have contracts going forward, either. The Collector, most/all of the Nova Corp, etc. will most likely die just based on their proximity to Infinity Stones.

I doubt they'll kill both Ironman and Cap in the same movie but a gang of people will die just based on the fact that their contracts are up.

Fred.
I agree that several people will die, i just don't think it'll be more than one Avenger per film. Some of the expiring contract character's will probably just be written out going forward. Like Hawkeye is too easy and meaniless to kill off in a showdown with Thanos or one oh his dark order. They'll probably just have him retire for good this time.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I thought it was ok but they OD'ed on the jokes. I don't mind humor in comic movies but there was a joke or visual gag every two seconds and half of them was :ld: to me.

I'm starting to realize the problem with the MCU villains isn't that they're necessarily bad....but so many of these movies kill them off after one appearance so it's hard to take them seriously. Even fan favorite Loki didn't really come into his own until "Avengers". If Ronan or Hela or Malekith appeared in multiple movies it would go a long way towards making them seem like a credible threat.

Fred.

Also just about giving them something that’s not one dissensional. The reason killmonger works as well as he does is because he gets actual character. He’s not just window dressing or designated cannon fodder. That goes s long long way to making a great villain. Being able to identify with them and understand there point of view because the movie cares enough about it to give it time to marinate.