Finally watched Thor Ragnorak and :gladbron:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
See I dont see it as outlandish. He's not saying which one is better, he's saying which one he enjoyed more.

I enjoy Mortal Kombat and Tango and Cash more than something like Apocalypse Now. But I love Apocalypse Now and also know which is the better flick . But if I'm flipping channels and one of those two is on tv along with apocalypse now, I know which one way I'm going. No different than knowing what food is good for you but wanting some junk food every now and then

Ok. I guess you can't argue someone saying they enjoyed Batman v Superman more than The Dark Knight, in example. Someone's enjoyment is their enjoyment, no matter how strange it might seem.

Anyway, in response to the guy who said Thor 3 felt unique compared to other marvel movies, I disagree strongly.

Thor 3 feels a ton like a Guardians of the Galaxy spinoff. It's no surprise they're linking up in IW.

The tonal shift from the first two movies to ragnarok was extreme. Really highlights how much the franchise needed an injection of life, even though it was jarring to see Thor cracking jokes every 10 seconds and Loki becoming the slapstick butt of jokes every 30.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ok. I guess you can't argue someone saying they enjoyed Batman v Superman more than The Dark Knight, in example. Someone's enjoyment is their enjoyment, no matter how strange it might seem.

Anyway, in response to the guy who said Thor 3 felt unique compared to other marvel movies, I disagree strongly.

Thor 3 feels a ton like a Guardians of the Galaxy spinoff. It's no surprise they're linking up in IW.

The tonal shift from the first two movies to ragnarok was extreme. Really highlights how much the franchise needed an injection of life, even though it was jarring to see Thor cracking jokes every 10 seconds and Loki becoming the slapstick butt of jokes every 30.
:manny: pretty much. I've never been big on candy or ice cream but people like what they like.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Usually I merge threads like this but The Film Room is one of the lowest trafficked sub-forums on the site so I been letting stuff like this slide because it does spark new discussions. If he just added to the original thread I doubt people would be in there discussing things to this extent.

Fred.

Exactly, I'm in here sparking new debate. I agree with what you said about Age of Ultron. Ultron didn't necessarily need to be as soulless as the comic version but when the villain is slapstick, it takes something away, it lowers the stakes.. which is fine if this wasn't a "save the world" type of movie but it was. People were dying, hell they tied these events directly into Civil War.

My one gripe with Civil War was I thought throughout much of the film it's an emotional roller coaster but at the airport scene I think it brought too much levity to an otherwise fairly serious film. If it had come from just Spider-Man then I can live with that but everyone in that scene was trying to "get their shyt in" as they say.

Thor Ragnorak was almost jokes from beginning to end. it reminded me a lot of GOTG so even tho it's a pretty big change in direction for Thor I liked it. Plus, as I said I didn't like the previous Thor films anyway so why not try something different with it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
@VillanoVIII You been warned, don't ever go above my head again :lolbron:

162349_v1.jpg

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hex film room really one of the lowest trafficked sub forums on here??:ohhh:

Yes. Not the lowest but the sub-forums with the most posts/discussions are The Locker Room, The Coliseum, and The Booth and The Film Room is barely over 1 mill when those are in the 4-8 mill range.

We're probably in the bottom 3-4 sub-forums on the site. Doesn't really matter though because Brooklynzson has said this is over all the least problematic sub-forum on the site.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yes. Not the lowest but the sub-forums with the most posts/discussions are The Locker Room, The Coliseum, and The Booth and The Film Room is barely over 1 mill when those are in the 4-8 mill range.

We're probably in the bottom 3-4 sub-forums on the site. Doesn't really matter though because Brooklynzson has said this is over all the least problematic sub-forum on the site.

Fred.

So no one gives a shyt about us but we don’t cause trouble so we can live :russ:

Still we gotta step that shyt up. That rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
It might piss people off but it kinda makes me want to see a movie about god and the devil
They could make so many amazing biblical movies if it weren't for the obvious detractors and zealots who would go nuts

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So no one gives a shyt about us but we don’t cause trouble so we can live :russ:

Eh, we're fine. Quality over quantity.

Not to mention, there is still hundreds if not thousands of threads in The Arcadium that belong here but nobody cares enough to track them down and move them over. That would add to those stats as well.

Fred.

Wavy Hair Chipped Teeth

they spinnin nugga they spinnin
Daps
Reppin
Live nikka Rap

Things are fine the way they are here. Those places are have high traffic but so much of it straight up nonsense, race baiting, extreme stannery and repeated ideas. Film Room doesn't need that