Finally watched Thor Ragnorak and :gladbron:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Saw it the other day ago. Typical marvel C movie to me. I watched this and guardians 2 back to back. It's like they don't even try with their space.

:russell:we need a new alien race, just throw some paint on humans and call it a day.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I thought it was ok but they OD'ed on the jokes. I don't mind humor in comic movies but there was a joke or visual gag every two seconds and half of them was :ld: to me.

I'm starting to realize the problem with the MCU villains isn't that they're necessarily bad....but so many of these movies kill them off after one appearance so it's hard to take them seriously. Even fan favorite Loki didn't really come into his own until "Avengers". If Ronan or Hela or Malekith appeared in multiple movies it would go a long way towards making them seem like a credible threat.

Fred.
I was just thinking about this the other day and I fully agree. I always expect the villain to get killed off at the end when watching MCU movies. Loki and Vulture are both top villains and neither of them died, which lets you add layers to their characters. I was really hoping that Killmonger wouldn't get killed in Black Panther, but I have a feeling he will return in the sequels (this isn't based on anything but me hoping again, although I think he gets resurrected in the comics).

Oh yeah Vulture was dope too.

I have a feeling Thanos is going to knock it out of the park, though.

Fred.
This is interesting because I was assuming that Thanos would be another "wants world domination and gets defeated with no major deaths" type villain. I hope you're right.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I was just thinking about this the other day and I fully agree. I always expect the villain to get killed off at the end when watching MCU movies. Loki and Vulture are both top villains and neither of them died, which lets you add layers to their characters. I was really hoping that Killmonger wouldn't get killed in Black Panther, but I have a feeling he will return in the sequels (this isn't based on anything but me hoping again, although I think he gets resurrected in the comics).

This is interesting because I was assuming that Thanos would be another "wants world domination and gets defeated with no major deaths" type villain. I hope you're right.

I can pretty much guarantee (as much as a random guy on the internet can guarantee, I mean) that several people die in "Infinity War" and the movie after it. Thanos killed half the universe in the original story and handed Ls to....basically everyone. Pretty much any Marvel hero you can think of, he killed.

Like I said earlier in the thread, the entire OG MCU cast (all the original Avengers, etc.) don't have contracts after these two movies. So the plan was always for several of them to die. A few will probably retire (kinda like Hawkeye did between "Age Of Ultron" and "Civil War") but a gang of them will probably die.

Fred.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps

How is vulture a top villain? he sucks, outside of that time he made peter parker old in the comics and cartoon

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I'm watching The Dark World, which is... fine. i'm enjoying it enough. realized I forgot a ton of it.

also reaffirms my biggest Ragnarok complaint... the fukkin Warriors 3 got such a terrible send off. We're never even gonna see Thor react to his friends being killed off. also, if they don't make another Thor, we're probably never seeing Sif again.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
How is vulture a top villain? he sucks, outside of that time he made peter parker old in the comics and cartoon

In the movie he’s dope and one of the best in the marvel stable. He had depth, actual character, a tad sympathetic, and the scene in the car is perfect

Conz

Superstar
Daps
the car scene was top notch... but i barely remember any of Vulture's action scenes.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the car scene was top notch... but i barely remember any of Vulture's action scenes.

I feel like that for most marvel flicks. I was talking purely characterization and what Keaton did with the role. The only real impactful moment in their fight was the end which was also a character moment

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
In the movie he’s dope and one of the best in the marvel stable. He had depth, actual character, a tad sympathetic, and the scene in the car is perfect
he'll always be a c list villain to me not unless they make the sinister 6 agents of shield or something

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
he'll always be a c list villain to me not unless they make the sinister 6 agents of shield or something

Nah Keaton elevated him. Also even in the comics he’s not c list. He’s given spidey some go and pushed him. And much like slott did with ock, all it takes is the right writer and angle to really improve on a villains standing for me. Keaton and homecoming did it with vulture, slott did it with ock and rhino