Final entrant numbers for EVO 2019 revealed, Smash #1 with ~3500, 7 games total with 1000+ entrants

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fukk outta here, nobody believes smash is a fighting game except for smash players, they like Eminem fans, and they gonna be only ones watching that bullshyt

the game is trash but that's not the point, it's not a fighting game, it's party game the creator of the game says so himself, lmao a game with platforming and items dropping down from sky being a fighting game, stop it with this nonsense
Blah blah, aggressive posting and dismissals isn't an argument.

Now let's cut to the chase and show you how dumb your first post was.

It's an arena brawler, that's like saying power stone is a fighting game, it's not a damn fighting game
First off you mean arena fighter and arena fighters like POWER STONE, or Naruto or Jump Force games are NOTHING like Smash Bros. Do you even know what you're saying?

Take a look.
Jump Ultimate

BaggyHeavyCrownofthornsstarfish-size_restricted.gif

Power Stone
CorruptSmoothGalapagoshawk-size_restricted.gif

DBZ Xenoverse
VPhPpM.gif

Smash Ultimate
SolidDependentBaleenwhale-size_restricted.gif

Spot the difference...
One is 2D, the other is 3D.

The man game play in smash is platforming lmao, what fighting game has platforming in it,
Main gameplay is platforming...?
You sound like you literally never played Smash Bros for more than 5 minutes and don't know what you're talking about.

it don't belong at evo
Yup, the fighting game tournament organizer decides it's viable but no, some idiot on The Coli who clearly has no idea wtf they're talking about says otherwise.

it's not being good at the game, it's not a fighting game, don't post no garbage ass wikipedia, when smash came out on 64 it was not called a fighting game because it wasn't
Smash Bros 64 came out at a time when it was pretty much the first game of it's kind in that era. You don't even know nothing about the mechanics since you just exposed yourself talking about "It's about platforming lmao"

This like saying Captain America and the Avengers is a fighting game because you have a versus mode on SNES lmao, fukk outta here
Again, you have no idea what you're talking about and I feel stupid for even engaging your dumb ass posts.

lmao a game with platforming and items dropping down from sky being a fighting game, stop it with this nonsense
Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about.
You do realize that you can play 1v1, no items on flat stages with no hindrances right?

I mean, either you're trolling, you're stupid(which I think you are) or you're just clearly biased so much that nothing anyone says will convince you otherwise. Either way, you're tone in your posts suggest that you believe the stupid shyt you posting.

Ignored. :russell:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

First off you mean arena fighter and arena fighters like POWER STONE, or Naruto or Jump Force games are NOTHING like Smash Bros. Do you even know what you're saying?

Take a look.
Jump Ultimate

Power Stone

DBZ Xenoverse
VPhPpM.gif

Smash Ultimate

Spot the difference...

You sound like you literally never played Smash Bros for more than 5 minutes and don't know what you're talking about.

Yup, the fighting game tournament organizer decides it's viable but no, some idiot on The Coli who clearly has no idea wtf they're talking about says otherwise.

Smash Bros 64 came out at a time when it was pretty much the first game of it's kind in that era. You don't even know nothing about the mechanics since you just exposed yourself talking about "It's about platforming lmao"

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about and I feel stupid for even engaging your dumb ass posts.

You do realize that you can play 1v1, no items on flat stages with no hindrances right?

I mean, either you're trolling, you're stupid(which I think you are) or you're just clearly biased so much that nothing anyone says will convince you otherwise. Either way, you're tone in your posts suggest that you believe the stupid shyt you posting.

You posted a bunch of non fighting games to talk about a non fighting game

I'm not even reading the rest of the garbage you posted

smash is not a fighting game end of story

Those dragon ball games are more a fighting game than smash

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
Fighterz fell of a fukking cliff. I can't watch that game anymore, all the matches play out predictably and the DLC is dogshyt. If there's a sequel I hope it's 1v1.

Hype for Tekken and Samsho.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Dam smash fans sure do get in their feelings when you say anything bad about their party. Congrats to you guys for taking the main spot. I hope you get to see some enjoyable matches. I for one won't be watching.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:dahell:

What is it then? A sports game?

Everyone saying it's not a fighting game are quite frankly fukkin retarded. It's almost always people who simply are hating because it's different or someone who doesn't understand the mechanics.

No, it's a party game, masking itself as a fighter.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Take a look.
Jump Ultimate

Power Stone

DBZ Xenoverse
VPhPpM.gif

Smash Ultimate

Spot the difference...

Didn't read. Smash is stale doo doo water.

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Smash players get so offended when people say their game isn’t a fighting game :pachaha:

Fighterz has always been boring to watch for me

Last year was a real snore :snooze:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Fighterz fell of a fukking cliff. I can't watch that game anymore, all the matches play out predictably and the DLC is dogshyt. If there's a sequel I hope it's 1v1.

Hype for Tekken and Samsho.

Nah let’s have a tag team Jump Fighter. I tired of Goku All Stars Royale.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Glad to see SFV going on earlier. Now that I’m in a later time zone I can actually get to play DLC potentially day 1 and go to sleep at a decent time.

Soon EVO is gonna have to start on Thursday.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
We're a step away from calling Smash a beat em up :mjlol:

Don't they turn the items off and play 3 stocks a piece? It's a competitive fighting game at the major American fighting game tournament of the year, and if it didnt require skill to win they wouldn't be paying these people.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:mjlol: y'all nikkas and smash. It's a nontraditional arena fighting game. you can look that up. :francis: DBFZ dropped cause of BBTAG/UNIST being available. Between those 2 games, you don't need any other anime fighter..