Final entrant numbers for EVO 2019 revealed, Smash #1 with ~3500, 7 games total with 1000+ entrants

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
That's what's up. I went mad years ago (whatever the last year before Marvel 3 (:scust:) came out. Should be fun, just watch your shyt and don't wander too close to the Smash area without a mask:troll:
lol just went to a major here and the Smash players were in a whole other hall :blessed:

but yeah i gotta figure out the pocket protection plan before i go down
You play stick or pad? I see some Americans playing claw style on pad and I'm like :mindblown:

I want something off the wall. I have no idea how Artorias hasn't been added in either Tekken or SoulCalibur. People would go nuts for him
its usually the OGs that play claw. Either that or korean stick. this is me

a filthy hitbox player :lolbron:
Damn that's dope the atmosphere will be wild. Enjoy.

You trying to run some games? I think I have you on PSN already.
Thanks. I loathe playing online, especially psn, now that i have it on pc (and the ability to play it offline of course) but if you see me on, we can go

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
lol just went to a major here and the Smash players were in a whole other hall :blessed:

but yeah i gotta figure out the pocket protection plan before i go down

its usually the OGs that play claw. Either that or korean stick. this is me

a filthy hitbox player :lolbron:

Thanks. I loathe playing online, especially psn, now that i have it on pc (and the ability to play it offline of course) but if you see me on, we can go
Good luck breh :salute:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Not a fighting game.
Games take way too long.
The players are super weirdos.

One year, the commentators started crying on stream. Not a "thug tear", grown men bawling like some hoes. I can't fukk with that community. On any level.

James Chen cries every year on stream/TV at the end of EVO because of how far Street Fighter has come, fukk is you talmbout?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not a fighting game.
Games take way too long.
The players are super weirdos.

One year, the commentators started crying on stream. Not a "thug tear", grown men bawling like some hoes. I can't fukk with that community. On any level.

:dahell:

What is it then? A sports game?

Super Smash Bros.[a] is a series of crossover fighting video games published by Nintendo, and primarily features characters from various franchises of theirs.
A fighting game is a video game genre based around close combat between a limited amount of characters, in a stage in which the boundaries are fixed. The characters fight each others until they defeat their opponents or the time expires. The matches typically consist of several rounds, in a arena, with each character having different abilities but each is relatively viable to choose. Players must master techniques such as blocking, counter-attacking, and chaining attacks together into "combos". Starting in the early 1990s, most fighting games allowed the player to execute special attacks by performing specific input combinations. The fighting game genre is related to but distinct from beat 'em ups, which involve large numbers of enemies against the human player.

The first game to feature fist fighting was Heavyweight Champ in 1976, but it was Karate Champ which popularized one-on-one martial arts games in arcades in 1984. The following year, Yie Ar Kung-Fu featured antagonists with differing fighting styles, while The Way of the Exploding Fist further popularized the genre on home systems. In 1987, Street Fighter introduced hidden special attacks. In 1991, Capcom's highly successful Street Fighter IIrefined and popularized many of the conventions of the genre. The fighting game subsequently became the preeminent genre for competitive video gaming in the early to mid-1990s, particularly in arcades. This period spawned dozens of other popular fighting games, including successful and long running franchises like Street Fighter, Super Smash Bros., Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Guilty Gear, Samurai Shodown, The King of Fighters, Virtua Fighter, Killer Instinct, Darkstalkers, Dead or Alive, SoulCalibur and Arcana Heart.

Everyone saying it's not a fighting game are quite frankly fukkin retarded. It's almost always people who simply are hating because it's different or someone who doesn't understand the mechanics.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Smash is a fighter.
It's as much of a fighter as Mario kart is a racer.

It's just not a typical fighter
Just like Mario kart isn't a typical racer

I think a lot of people feel the game's mechanics are simple to understand just because it has a party mode and Items that can be enabled which is not the case at all. The game's mechanics and movement tech are just as deep as any other fighter, and it's not gonna allow any match to be 50/50 if you're not on the same or greater level than the person you're fighting.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think a lot of people feel the game's mechanics are simple to understand just because it has a party mode and Items that can be enabled which is not the case at all. The game's mechanics and movement tech are just as deep as any other fighter, and it's not gonna allow any match to be 50/50 if you're not on the same or greater level than the person you're fighting.
Exactly. nikkas that know the mechanics all the way will whoop yo ass back and forth. Ask me how I know :francis::hubie:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Exactly. nikkas that know the mechanics all the way will whoop yo ass back and forth. Ask me how I know :francis::hubie:

:mjlol: when you lose 10 times in a row and then start to make excuses that the game cheating you but you know the truth. I been there too, breh.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell:

What is it then? A sports game?

Everyone saying it's not a fighting game are quite frankly fukkin retarded. It's almost always people who simply are hating because it's different or someone who doesn't understand the mechanics.

It's an arena brawler, that's like saying power stone is a fighting game, it's not a damn fighting game

The man game play in smash is platforming lmao, what fighting game has platforming in it,

it don't belong at evo

it's not being good at the game, it's not a fighting game, don't post no garbage ass wikipedia, when smash came out on 64 it was not called a fighting game because it wasn't

This like saying Captain America and the Avengers is a fighting game because you have a versus mode on SNES lmao, fukk outta here

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's an arena brawler, that's like saying power stone is a fighting game, it's not a damn fighting game

The man game play in smash is platforming lmao, what fighting game has platforming in it,

it don't belong at evo

it's not being good at the game, it's not a fighting game, don't post no garbage ass wikipedia, when smash came out on 64 it was not called a fighting game because it wasn't

This like saying Captain America and the Avengers is a fighting game because you have a versus mode on SNES lmao, fukk outta here
Jesus Christ I cannot believe you typed this, really hit submit and thought you said something. I'm about to end your whole career when I get on the PC.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jesus Christ I cannot believe you typed this, really hit submit and thought you said something. I'm about to end your whole career when I get on the PC.

fukk outta here, nobody believes smash is a fighting game except for smash players, they like Eminem fans, and they gonna be only ones watching that bullshyt

the game is trash but that's not the point, it's not a fighting game, it's party game the creator of the game says so himself, lmao a game with platforming and items dropping down from sky being a fighting game, stop it with this nonsense