Final entrant numbers for EVO 2019 revealed, Smash #1 with ~3500, 7 games total with 1000+ entrants

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I'll try to catch all of Smash, MK, and Tekken. I really like watching MK here and there. Hope SMUG gives it a shot just to get the feel of tourney play for the game. He's hilarious when he streams that game, and pretty much the only fun person to watch for SFV.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Tekken 7 all about Knee's insanely dominant run to me. Seems like he only ever gets eliminated when Arslan Ash shows up and guess who just got his Visa approved and will be showing up at EVO? :jawalrus:
Hopefully, they have appropriate bracketing and Arslan isn't facing players like Chanel and Knee off-stream again.

Knee is on a crazy ass run right now. Easily handled JDCR and Chanel at the last 2 tournaments but when he played Arslan Ash it looked like he hadn't seen his brand of Tekken before. I hope we get to see the run back this year.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Eh, look at Tekken 7. You have people from all over competing even though they have no chance against the Koreans and the scene just keeps getting bigger.
DBFZ dropped cause the meta got stale af, the matches take way too long and the DLC has been awful
You aren't lying about the matches taking forever. I usually skip all the preliminary matches and watch the grand final.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Let's see if Punk can continue his run and claim his Evo title.

Tekken I'm looking to see Pokchop clowning, Lil Majin feasting, even though I hate King with a passion.

I haven't checked to see if Yuyu is playing at Evo but I hope she is. Her Xiaoyu -also a hated character of mine- is amazing. Her hop kicks have been astounding this year.

Let's see if Quadans can finish his plate if he plays.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
Arslan Ash will be at EVO. He's the favourite to take it unless Knee finally cracked the code.

It'll be my first EVO, don't really have high hopes for my tournament performance , just gonna go to have a good time and hopefully be in the arena for the announcements. Bruce and Mokujin or a new Tekken altogether is all I want to hear

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Arslan Ash will be at EVO. He's the favourite to take it unless Knee finally cracked the code.

It'll be my first EVO, don't really have high hopes for my tournament performance , just gonna go to have a good time and hopefully be in the arena for the announcements. Bruce and Mokujin or a new Tekken altogether is all I want to hear
That's what's up. I went mad years ago (whatever the last year before Marvel 3 (:scust:) came out. Should be fun, just watch your shyt and don't wander too close to the Smash area without a mask:troll:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

You play stick or pad? I see some Americans playing claw style on pad and I'm like :mindblown:

I want something off the wall. I have no idea how Artorias hasn't been added in either Tekken or SoulCalibur. People would go nuts for him

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope story how some seemingly random dude from Pakistan came and crushed the buildings in Tekken. Apparently they have a good FGC scene there. I know they have some good KOF players too.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Dope story how some seemingly random dude from Pakistan came and crushed the buildings in Tekken. Apparently they have a good FGC scene there. I know they have some good KOF players too.

Pakistan has some absolute monsters.

This is a match from the same tournament where Arslan first beat Knee. Knee barely made it past this guy in losers bracket after he had already got bodied 6-0 by Arslan. He had to go to final final round to pull it off.
The thing with Arslan is, he's clearly a monster but all I've heard from the local players is that he isn't even clearly the best player in Pakistan. There are other monsters there too. It's not even just Pakistan. Qudans went to a Saudi Arabian tournament a few months back, and everyone was exited cause Arslan was there too, and Qudans lost to 2 Saudi's before he could even get to Arslan

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps

Damn that's dope the atmosphere will be wild. Enjoy.

You trying to run some games? I think I have you on PSN already.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The irrational hatred for Smash/Nintendo is a fascinating thing to see.
Not a fighting game.
Games take way too long.
The players are super weirdos.

One year, the commentators started crying on stream. Not a "thug tear", grown men bawling like some hoes. I can't fukk with that community. On any level.