Final entrant numbers for EVO 2019 revealed, Smash #1 with ~3500, 7 games total with 1000+ entrants

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Post Chen crying, then find and post the video of them Smash dudes crying, and the difference will be clear.
Please, the best player in the "FGC" is a breh that's not from harlem
sddefault.jpg

:dame:

n4mwlfT.png

1450149438354.png

7576249be5deada66bf33b966c35b7d1.gif

:laff: Sit the fukk down and eat a cliff bar.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
A lot of this is just the legacy fighting game community wanting to distance themselves from the Smash community because it skews young, weird, and unclean. I don't think this is really about what makes a fighting game a fighting game like some of you say.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Guaranteed nobody in this thread who thinks Smash isn't a real fighting game, can actually do or hold their own against top tier players in it. You would get washed and spinned like a laundromat.
I'm surprised you made it this far without using this tired line :mjlol:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
That shyt is an arena party game. You need to fukk up the options and turn all the items off just for it to RESEMBLE a brawler :dead:

Didn't the creator or whoever straight up say that his game wasn't a fighting game

I don't know how smash is an arena style game. And I believe unless someone can show me otherwise Sakarai didn't intend for it to be this competitive but that's what Melee caused. He wants it to be a game that literally everyone can enjoy and guess what, that's exactly why the items/ 4 player/ adventure mode/ team battle/spirit collections/and a bunch of other modes are in the game so casuals don't feel excluded.

There's a lot of other shyt to do in the game other than the competitive side to keep it from going stale. And I don't understand why everyone tries to win an argument with "smash players sure do get in their feelings when you tell..." nah man, I ain't mad, I'm telling you what the game is just from playing it myself and what it's listed as. if it didn't have a learning curve it wouldn't be with the other fighters at EVO.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
That's the best possible spot it can be in. Non smash fans can watch up to that point and turn off (in my case, leave the arena) and let them do their thing. We don't have to sit through smash waiting to get to the games we actually care to see.

SFV then Smash then Tekken closing is what a lot of people wanted but that wouldve been awful.
Agree. Putting Tekken last would have been awful. I probably would have turned the stream off after SF and not watched Tekken.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
I don't know how smash is an arena style game. And I believe unless someone can show me otherwise Sakarai didn't intend for it to be this competitive but that's what Melee caused. He wants it to be a game that literally everyone can enjoy and guess what, that's exactly why the items/ 4 player/ adventure mode/ team battle/spirit collections/and a bunch of other modes are in the game so casuals don't feel excluded.

There's a lot of other shyt to do in the game other than the competitive side to keep it from going stale. And I don't understand why everyone tries to win an argument with "smash players sure do get in their feelings when you tell..." nah man, I ain't mad, I'm telling you what the game is just from playing it myself and what it's listed as. if it didn't have a learning curve it wouldn't be with the other fighters at EVO.

I think you know Smash isn't here because of a learning curve

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm surprised you made it this far without using this tired line :mjlol:
You guys basically just have to troll and make strawman arguments in order to have a semblance of a leg to stand on with this tearing down of Smash's competitiveness.

In a competitive setting in Smash Ultimate, a person like you who's going ":mjlol: This isn't a fighting game :dead:." isn't going to do anything to someone who's skilled in the game just like in any other competitive arena. If the game truly had no skill barrier for competitive play, you'd see newbies and those like you randomly winning against high level players. Heck, there wouldn't be any "high levels" to speak of.

There's really no need to be disingenuous about it honestly. It's a ignorant hot take espoused online by people that 10 times out of 10 are ignorant to Smash and really aren't good at it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think you know Smash isn't here because of a learning curve
Please do tell us and prove to us why Smash is there not because of a learning curve but because of______.

Go ahead. I already know what you're going to say but go ahead.

I got something lined up.:mjgrin:

These guys don't even make sense. They're just throwing out random ass terms.

"Arena fighters" denotes a shallow game with one or two attacks that you simply mash and big things happen. Games like Naruto Ultimate storm or Jump Ultimate whatever. There's a very low skill ceiling that doesn't take the game far.

In Smash? You can't mash buttons and win. There's a high skill ceiling. That's not an opinion.
Even the training mode in Smash Ultimate has a comprehensive amount of data to work with.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Fighting game - Wikipedia

If it meets those criteria it’s a fighting game. It’s not keep it moving doesn’t matter how much you bytch it brings too much money to EVO.

Y’all need to stop putting all this prestige on the last slot. Basically that shyt is death sentence. Capcom knew this in advance and has been pushing for TOs to move it up. Same with Tekken, Namco prefers DBFZ being on Saturday because that shyt takes forever to wrap up.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:russ: Breh how you gon post this shyt without a link?? :feedme:

To be honest, I can't at all remember when it was, and don't feel like combing through Smash:hhh: footage to find it. shyt was pathetic. Sissymary ass nikkas.

Please, the best player in the "FGC" is a breh that's not from harlem

:dame:

n4mwlfT.png

1450149438354.png

7576249be5deada66bf33b966c35b7d1.gif

:laff: Sit the fukk down and eat a cliff bar.

WRONG. Sonic Fox is talented, but limited. He's good at two games, and already has been dethroned in both. The real answer is probably Tokido. Fox is Top 5 at best overall.

I would bet my eternal soul 8 of the Smash :hhh: Top 10 isn't allowed within 10 miles of Harlem:wrist:

Fox would probably fit right in (PAUSE), but he probably looks down on those Smash:hhh:lames like the rest of us:russ:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fox would probably fit right in, but he probably looks down on those Smash:hhh:lames like the rest of us:russ:
U basically ignored the examples I posted to fixate on some hypothetical shyt to :cape: for SonicFox because of some irrational hate for Smash. God damn and you're a Xbox fan too? You guys are miserable.:francis:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
U basically ignored the examples I posted to fixate on some hypothetical shyt to :cape: for SonicFox because of some irrational hate for Smash. God damn and you're a Xbox fan too? You guys are miserable.:francis:
Translation: "You're not reading my dissertations and bypassing my strawman arguments, so I'm furious."

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Fighting game - Wikipedia

If it meets those criteria it’s a fighting game. It’s not keep it moving doesn’t matter how much you bytch it brings too much money to EVO.

Y’all need to stop putting all this prestige on the last slot. Basically that shyt is death sentence. Capcom knew this in advance and has been pushing for TOs to move it up. Same with Tekken, Namco prefers DBFZ being on Saturday because that shyt takes forever to wrap up.

Smash is literally everything in that first paragraph. Really don't need to say anything more.

But I see the argument has derailed into what I thought it was which was judging the game based on the people who play it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Translation: "You're not reading my dissertations and bypassing my strawman arguments, so I'm furious."
You guys are precisely why some people don't like to discuss things on here.

Everything is "umad" when someone is saying something that requires some thought process.