FF7 Rebirth flopped

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Tales : Literally sold the same number of copies as the last tales game or around it
Arise sold more than its predecessor
Dark souls/elden ring Not a jrpg
It quite literally IS a JRPG
Persona 5 Sure Scumbag company but amazing game

Yakuza i mean yeah that's on the money
:ehh:

Final Fantasy has lost audience with each entry :francis:

Blaming that on the genre in general is just an excuse instead of admitting Square has made some bad decisions for FF

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
Arise sold more than its predecessor

It quite literally IS a JRPG

:ehh:

Final Fantasy has lost audience with each entry :francis:

Blaming that on the genre in general is just an excuse instead of admitting Square has made some bad decisions for FF
Were not doing that. You know what people mean when they say jrpg yes its a rpg made in japan but that aint why we call DQ, FF ETC ETC ETC Jrpgs
2 sold more than 1. :usure:
and 1 sold like 4 or 5 million copies 2 didnt to my knowledge.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
We’re not doing that. You know what people mean when they say jrpg yes its a rpg made in japan but that aint why we call DQ, FF ETC ETC ETC Jrpgs
I kinda agree with you here but for the sake of the argument in this thread there are all types of “JRPG”s and most of them are growing. None of them are selling only half of what their predecessors did. It’s not the genre that’s tanking FF sales. There’s clearly a large and growing market for JRPGs
and 1 sold like 4 or 5 million copies 2 didnt to my knowledge.
1 made it to 3 million copies eventually. 2 Made it to 1 million sold quicker than 1 did.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Thread full of cry babies mad at SE execution of the trilogy and not putting it on their garbage ass console.
Thread smells just like them FF16 threads earlier speculating on calling it sales bad until truth came out and made yall shut the fukk up

:mjgrin: pathetic behaviour keep on crying
:mjgrin:
When it debunks all the bullshyt meach said cuz he port begging for this piff to hit his dog shyt console like FF16 watch him skedaddle and act like he wasn’t talking crazy :sas2:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Final fantasy went to far Disney while removing a roster of epic magic and offensive spectacle / summons. They're done

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Most other JRPG franchises have been expanding their user base lately, Final Fantasy is going in the other direction.

Stop making excuses :stopitslime:
I'm heavy into the gerne and when you say expanding their base most of those series dream of sales like Final Fantasy that's been in decline for over a decade even when it was on Xbox with XIII and XV get.

You think Bandai Namco couldn't cream themselves if Tales could sell 3-4 million as fast as Rebirth did? Took from 2021 to now to hit that for Arise. Sounds like Rebirth did that really in under a month. Persona 5 took multiple releases and versions to crack 7 million over many years.

Final Fantasy hit the limit for what a game of that style can sell. They may be in decline but it's still the high mark for the entire gerne.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Tales
Dark souls/elden ring
Persona
Yakuza

Even AA stuff like Octopath, Sea of Stars, etc have found increasing audiences.

I’m not begging for shyt. I have a Ps4 a PS5 and a capable PC.
Dark Souls and Elden Ring don't play like a traditional Japanese style role playing game or anything close to it.

Yakuza literally was a beat em up until just 2 games ago and built an entire fanbase being that pre-switch.

Final Fantasy is like a 7-10 million a game selling franchise. That's the upper end for what that style of game where you and your party travel the world adding members to take down some ancient evil with a strategic battle system has been doing.

The fact that you want to compare Elden Ring to a traditional Japanese role playing game or any derivative shows you're being disengenious.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Dark Souls and Elden Ring don't play like a traditional Japanese style role playing game or anything close to it.
Neither does Final Fantasy.
Yakuza literally was a beat em up until just 2 games ago and built an entire fanbase being that pre-switch.
It’s always been a JRPG. As it’s moved further into “traditional rpg” territory its user base has grown. The exact opposite of FF….Crazy how that worked:wow:
Final Fantasy is like a 7-10 million a game selling franchise. That's the upper end for what that style of game where you and your party travel the world adding members to take down some ancient evil with a strategic battle system has been doing.
Yeah and it’s last couple entries are struggling to even get close to selling 5 mill
The fact that you want to compare Elden Ring to a traditional Japanese role playing game or any derivative shows you're being disengenious.
I gave you all different types of JRPGs to compare to.

The fact that you are still jewelzing around the truth shows you are being disingenuous.

If yakuza and dark souls don’t count cause they aren’t turn based than FF doesn’t count as a JRPG either :usure:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm heavy into the gerne and when you say expanding their base most of those series dream of sales like Final Fantasy that's been in decline for over a decade even when it was on Xbox with XIII and XV get.

You think Bandai Namco couldn't cream themselves if Tales could sell 3-4 million as fast as Rebirth did? Took from 2021 to now to hit that for Arise. Sounds like Rebirth did that really in under a month. Persona 5 took multiple releases and versions to crack 7 million over many years.

Final Fantasy hit the limit for what a game of that style can sell. They may be in decline but it's still the high mark for the entire gerne.
Those are growing FF is shrinking. It’s nowhere near its own high marks, and it’s not because it’s a JRPG