FF7 Rebirth flopped

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Look there's obvious agendas going on here. I usually stay out of it, but as a JRPG fan, my 2 cents.

From/Souls games are nothing like FF games lol. FF are true JRPGs with melodramatic stories/characters and command based combat. From games do not tell a story in the same way a JRPG does.

Octopath 2 did NOT sell as much as Octopath 1. Pure misinformation.

Persona 5 came out in 2017.. FFXV also came out during that timeframe and that was also one of the best selling in the franchise. Completely different timeframe to 2024.

Yakuza did gain more fans when it switched to turn-based. That's fair, but lets wait and see how well the new one sold. Too early to say it even sold as well as the 2019 game.

And like mentioned a few times in here. Square took the deal with Sony to help with the development of the game. Rebirth took 3 years to develop. Which is absolutely insane. Especially considering this is Square, notorious for extremely long dev times. I think it's hard to say it was a bad move based just on that. Imagine how much money was saved by cutting development time in half, and eventually it will come out to PC anyway.

Also finally, a big reason for FF decline in sales, is just due to Japan. Japan is buying less and less console games over the years. FF used to sell 1-2m first week over there, and now its just a few 100k. Overall I think SE is fine. I don't think anyone expected Rebirth to be a 10m+ sold Juggernaut. If anything I think they are on the come up. Their last few releases have been their best in years, and their AA games have been getting better and better as well. As long as they make quality games the sales will rebound.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
PS5 doesn't have the same install base as the PS4 and it's only a PS5 exclusive. Rebirth is one of the best games I have ever played so idc about the sales.
This is the correct answer.

Aside from this, Square calls sales for all of their releases disappointing. Kingdom Hearts III sold 7 million copies and Square said that was disappointing.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Well ER kinda threw its name in the hat:patrice:

But this is still a contender imo:manny:

Erdtree isn’t goty

not only is DLC not being nominated but people ain’t gonna look back that fondly on this in a few months. Outside of a few great boss battles there’s nothing else really memorable about it

Rebirth is still the front runner by far, followed by Helldivers 2

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Erdtree isn’t goty

not only is DLC not being nominated but people ain’t gonna look back that fondly on this in a few months. Outside of a few great boss battles there’s nothing else really memorable about it

Rebirth is still the front runner by far, followed by Helldivers 2
I loved it personally so there’s that

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Should have never split the game into three parts. They could have cut a lot of the content out in Rebirth if they weren’t insistent on ending it where they did.
This is exactly why I skipped over this :manny:

I’m already not a huge fan of remakes but them stretching the game out like this made me completely disinterested

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Rebirth is GOTY, then it speaks to how mehhh gaming has been this year.

The gameplay as a whole was a bit disappointing, which should be factored into it whether agree with it or not.

The attachment that people have to the characters and OG story makes them bias towards it.
I liked the combat it really seems cool people are divided on this game and gaming as a whole. But for me it’s been a good year.

I’ve bought and finished
Granblue
FF
Dragons Dogma
Rise of the Ronin
Unicorn Overlord
Stellar Blade

And copped Destiny 2 expansion and Elden Ring DLC with more down the pipeline so for me I’m already thoroughly satisfied :yeshrug:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Square needs to realize we tired of these Corny ass side quests and Disney looking npcs

Hello my name is Harold. I seem to have lost my favorite tweezers. Can you go across town to the ancient woods? Last i heard there was a creature there that might have them. 🫠

Yay bytch :aicmon:

I need 3 feathers from a cotrice bird to make my grandmother's favoite recipe. Please help it's her dying wish. Last time i saw a cotrice it was in the dangerous moutains to the north. 🫠

Weak weak😒

Last edited: