FF7 Rebirth flopped

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
They are not bad games infact they are upper echelons of games it’s just that they were doing too much. I best remake twice but have yet to purchase rebirth. I saw a major spoiler on here by accident and was over it. Not to mention I played way too many RPG’s last year and am kind of burnt out.
But back to square and how they fumbled this bag
1st they decided to milk it for three games
The. it took almost ten years for the first installment to drop then you had people like my boy who no longer does console games but they stuck in the early 2000,s by making it a third party exclusive which would have almost been ok had they not excluded PC.

My boy was like I will just wait until all three games come out on PC before I jump in. And I couldn’t argue with him. Instead of milking FF7 three times they could have just remade it once and then remade a few other games. The sales would have been the same, but now you have even less hype for the final installment and more pressure for it to sale good which it won’t because if you ain’t buy the first two you aren’t getting the third.

Yea this was bad business, let this be a lesson to never ignore PC again

Half A $

Pro
Daps
If only they had released on xbox, they would've moved another 1000 units. :mjlit:

BG3 and other games have proven people still will buy/play turn based games.

A true turn based FF7 remake woulda been lit AF:francis:
Rebirth "messed up" but will still win game of the year just like bg3 last year :dead:

Imagine thinking sales > quality, you might as well stop listening to hiphop and start being a swifty if thats what concerns you :scust:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If only they had released on xbox, they would've moved another 1000 units. :mjlit:

Rebirth "messed up" but will still win game of the year just like bg3 last year :dead:

Imagine thinking sales > quality, you might as well stop listening to hiphop and start being a swifty if thats what concerns you :scust:
It’s kinda ironic that Square abandoned turn based AAA games to make a more action heavy style because they say turn based won’t sell when their new style is failing them sales wise. They should try and go back to the original style for a game.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The problem is they are exclusives and a trilogy.

They should have picked one, If it was going to be a trilogy it needed to be on every platform possible at launch.

If it was going to be exclusive then they shouldn't have locked in with a # number and just done huge game that would have released towards the end of the generation that cost like 100 plus bucks.

Half A $

Pro
Daps
It’s kinda ironic that Square abandoned turn based AAA games to make a more action heavy style because they say turn based won’t sell when their new style is failing them sales wise. They should try and go back to the original style for a game.
They should be making a 3d gatcha turn based final fantasy to compete with HonKai Star Rail, that’s where the real ball drop is.