FF7 Rebirth flopped

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Spider-Man 2 also isn't a Japanese style roleplaying game.

Like I said if the game sold half the copies of the previous game and that game had basically double the install base then the game is selling at the same rate to an install base that's half the size.
So what?

If your premise was correct that half the install base should equal half the sales then that should hold true across all games.

It’s only FF that’s having this problem tho.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It is a crazy statement to say that a system that at that point had sold close to 100 million units had a game come out and it sold at a rate said to be twice the rate of a system that's sold like 50 million units? That's basically the same penetration rate on 2X the install base.

Console gaming as an industry peaked with the 360, PS3, Wii generation. It hasn't been growing as an industry it's just been finding ways to monetize the same or fewer users and raising prices to compensate.
So why is the PS5 Pro being created then considering there’s a shytload of PS5’s sitting on the shelves as is and not moving.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So why is the PS5 Pro being created then considering there’s a shytload of PS5’s sitting on the shelves as is and not moving.
Sony hasn't had a console outsell the PS2. Since the PS2 era if you add up what Microsoft and Sony have combined to sell each generation it doesn't amount to more than between 170-180 million units. They almost always get to about the mid 170 million range and top out. You just aren't seeing this expanding base of console players.

Even if you consider Nintendo they sold 154 million DS systems and 101 million Wiis in the same generation. Present day Nintendo is about 140 million Switches and no other platform. Doesn't even add up to the DS numbers let alone the Wii's combined.

The revenue growth is downloadable content sold to existing players and whales. It isn't growing the install base.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So what?

If your premise was correct that half the install base should equal half the sales then that should hold true across all games.

It’s only FF that’s having this problem tho.
Everyone knows you're butthurt over this game because it skipped your platform of choice. Or maybe I'm wrong and I missed your thread on the sales of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion and whatever it sold. BRB looking.
Nope didn't seem to care and in fact the only post you made with the words Crisis Core in it was quoting someone else.

So this is disingenuous arguments and concern trolling. Got it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Everyone knows you're butthurt over this game because it skipped your platform of choice. Or maybe I'm wrong and I missed your thread on the sales of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion and whatever it sold. BRB looking.
Nope didn't seem to care and in fact the only post you made with the words Crisis Core in it was quoting someone else.

So this is disingenuous arguments and concern trolling. Got it.
Now with the stan shyt :wow:

When your narratives can’t fit reality, deflect and attack.

Sony stan’s wild :wow:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
It's a temporary boost in sales and the additional SKU(s) allows the hardware manufacturer to have more pricing versatility.

There's also more than a decade of data that shows most consumers will buy the cheaper model if given a choice. There wont be many publishers that actually give a damn about that Pro model until they start gearing up for the next generation and want to release software across generations...and even then you're taking a huge risk.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Now with the stan shyt :wow:

When your narratives can’t fit reality, deflect and attack.

Sony stan’s wild :wow:
You don't give a fukk about Final Fantasy. The game sold half the copies to half the install base. I don't see a problem. Then you have the nerve to compare it to a sequel to a game that sold about 5x the copies as the previous game in this series and say see it's broken. Final Fantasy isn't even in the same stratosphere as Spider-Man which if I recall is literally the best selling Sony game on the PS4.

Last I knew Spider-Man 2 sold 11 million copies. Spider-Man sold 33 million. Are you suggesting Spider-Man 2 will 3x it's sales and catch up to the previous game? Or maybe the PS4 when that game came out and the PS5 are at different stages in their lives and the sales reflect that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You don't give a fukk about Final Fantasy. The game sold half the copies to half the install base. I don't see a problem. Then you have the nerve to compare it to a sequel to a game that sold about 5x the copies as the previous game in this series and say see it's broken. Final Fantasy isn't even in the same stratosphere as Spider-Man which if I recall is literally the best selling Sony game on the PS4.

Last I knew Spider-Man 2 sold 11 million copies. Spider-Man sold 33 million. Are you suggesting Spider-Man 2 will 3x its sales and catch up to the previous game? Or maybe the PS4 when that game came out and the PS5 are at different stages in their lives and the sales reflect that.
Sony stans got issues :huhldup:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Remake also had the advantage of the initial hype of getting a beloved game back on modern consoles. That tends to drive sales because the anticipation was never going to be higher than it was for that many people.

Game is gas to me though :yeshrug:
I don't care about the sales unless it threatens a sequel to a game I like being made. No threat of that here

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
you have games like Persona releasing on more platforms, and growing their customer base. SE should take notice

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony can't get away with theses hundred million dollar triple A exclusives lockdown deal scot-free anymore.

The return investment is low, the long term investment hurts the brand and it hurts consumers.

At one point it made sense for those kind of deals to be taken, and with smaller budget games it still does (just like it does for similar type deals with Gamepass on MS end) but these mid to triple A games from 3rd party being exclusive is suicide.

I can't even think of a exclusive deal for a 3rd party that wouldn't have been better for the IP if not on all platforms.

I'm sure Nintendo has taken note of the samething, they've always been smart about things though. They will get 3rd parties to develop games specifically for them and then only that takes use of whatever "special gimmick" their hardware is capable of, And I think we'll see more of that with the switch 2.

Meanwhile Sony Stan's can argue about the overpriced console movie game exclusives that they aren't buying:francis:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
you have games like Persona releasing on more platforms, and growing their customer base. SE should take notice
Square obviously needed money to develop this game so they took a platform deal to do so. Hell they offered up Final Fantasy XVI too and admitted Sony gave them the better deal. It’s kinda hard to make games of this level and put them everywhere day 1 when you don’t have the resources.

You really wanna compare a Persona game and its budget and scope to Rebirth?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Square obviously needed money to develop this game so they took a platform deal to do so. Hell they offered up Final Fantasy XVI too and admitted Sony gave them the better deal. It’s kinda hard to make games of this level and put them everywhere day 1 when you don’t have the resources.

You really wanna compare a Persona game and its budget and scope to Rebirth?
Square the only 3rd part dev currently still taking these dumb ass deals.

If they can’t afford to make their own games then they should make some games they can afford :stopitslime: