FF7 Rebirth flopped

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
That's a damn shame :picard:

Then again, dropping on a single console or delaying the PC release ain't gonna cut it no more. 1997 was almost 30 years ago.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
ok so when are they gonna put the game on sale then? and the PC port? we're waiting. that's another layer to it as well they need to get these ports and sales out faster. on some ubisoft type ish
These games should have been on PC day one. Could have still skipped Xbox though. Now that people have waited they'll likely feel like they can wait longer and just wait for deep discounts. This series doesn't have GTA level clout to do stuff like this. At the same time they probably took money from Sony for an exclusive window. Weakened the series overall to do that.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Sucks for them, but sometimes what was poppin 25 years ago may not hit the same for the next generation.
Kinda like how Lara Croft was a cash cow from 1996-1999, but while the 2013 reboot sold well, all ensuing attempts were diminishing returns. Sonic is another example.

With Cloud, Sephirtoh, Tifa, Aerith, Barret, etc, they're not bad characters but i could see why modern gamers in their teens and 20s aren't gassed about them or about the overall IP.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sucks for them, but sometimes what was poppin 25 years ago may not hit the same for the next generation.
Kinda like how Lara Croft was a cash cow from 1996-1999, but while the 2013 reboot sold well, all ensuing attempts were diminishing returns. Sonic is another example.

With Cloud, Sephirtoh, Tifa, Aerith, Barret, etc, they're not bad characters but i could see why modern gamers in their teens and 20s aren't gassed about them or about the overall IP.
Naw, people were excited about the remake.

They just tried to milk it and sell 3 full priced games off that hype and people quit caring.

They could have made a simple remake something more like the resident evil remake games and it would have done great. Would have cost way less money to make, and they could have done it with a couple of the popular FF games just like RE.

But naw they chose to try to milk the FF7 hype for 10 years and 2(3?) different hardware generations.

Then on top of that they taking bags from sony to NOT build their audience elsewhere :smh:

Clear example of trying to be greedy blowing up in their faces :francis:

Last edited:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
I don't think this has anything to do with being an exclusive or smaller install base of people with PS5s.

I guarantee there was a large segment of FF7 Remake buyers who thought it was the full game and not part one of three. When they got out of Midgar and the final credits started rolling, they probably said "what the fukk?"

On enthusiast forums like this or Era/Reddit, people were aware of the games being split up. Now think of all the 35+ people who played the original as a kid and just assumed Remake was the whole game then didn't bother with Rebirth.

This is the exact same thing I mentioned earlier. The audacity of trying to eek out 3 full priced games out of a remake was too much to bear, even with the deviations from the original. I nearly completed Remake but had no interest in Rebirth. Old heads were begging for years for a remake, but the true turn-based one. They said 'the new generation wants action'. :yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is the exact same thing I mentioned earlier. The audacity of trying to eke out 3 full priced games out of a remake was too much to bear, even with the deviations from the original. I nearly completed Remake but had no interest in Rebirth. Old heads were begging for years for a remake, but the true turn-based one. They said 'the new generation wants action'. :yeshrug:
BG3 and other games have proven people still will buy/play turn based games.

A true turn based FF7 remake woulda been lit AF and opened the door for square to start putting out lots of their old IP.

They fukked that shyt up now. Don’t really know where they go from here :francis:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
BG3 and other games have proven people still will buy/play turn based games.

A true turn based FF7 remake woulda been lit AF and opened the door for square to start putting out lots of their old IP.

They fukked that shyt up now. Don’t really know where they go from here :francis:

Yup. Too bad BG3 came out afterward the remake was conceptualized. You just reminded me, that's another game I have yet to finish. :snoop: I need to stop replaying games I've already beaten, but they tend to be the most fun to me.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I don't think this has anything to do with being an exclusive or smaller install base of people with PS5s.

I guarantee there was a large segment of FF7 Remake buyers who thought it was the full game and not part one of three. When they got out of Midgar and the final credits started rolling, they probably said "what the fukk?"

On enthusiast forums like this or Era/Reddit, people were aware of the games being split up. Now think of all the 35+ people who played the original as a kid and just assumed Remake was the whole game then didn't bother with Rebirth.
Nah, no one thought that