FF7 Rebirth flopped

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
ok so when are they gonna put the game on sale then? and the PC port? we're waiting. that's another layer to it as well they need to get these ports and sales out faster. on some ubisoft type ish

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I don't think this has anything to do with being an exclusive or smaller install base of people with PS5s.

I guarantee there was a large segment of FF7 Remake buyers who thought it was the full game and not part one of three. When they got out of Midgar and the final credits started rolling, they probably said "what the fukk?"

On enthusiast forums like this or Era/Reddit, people were aware of the games being split up. Now think of all the 35+ people who played the original as a kid and just assumed Remake was the whole game then didn't bother with Rebirth.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Square needs to realize we tired of these Corny ass side quests and Disney looking npcs

Hello my name is Harold. I seem to have lost my favorite tweezers. Can you go across town to the ancient woods? Last i heard there was a creature there that might have them.

I need 3 feathers from a cotrice bird to make my grandmother's favoite recipe. Please help it's her dying wish. Last time i saw a cotrice it was in the dangerous moutains to the north.

Weak weak
This is exactly why I stopped playing part 1. Aerith telling me to go find some orphans that I don't give a damn about.

:camby:

Threw the game into the bushes shortly after.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
I don't think this has anything to do with being an exclusive or smaller install base of people with PS5s.

I guarantee there was a large segment of FF7 Remake buyers who thought it was the full game and not part one of three. When they got out of Midgar and the final credits started rolling, they probably said "what the fukk?"

On enthusiast forums like this or Era/Reddit, people were aware of the games being split up. Now think of all the 35+ people who played the original as a kid and just assumed Remake was the whole game then didn't bother with Rebirth.
Okay now explain why FF16 flopped too.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Crazy, got argued down about how well this sold
Yeah if we're being real for a moment, Square has said this exact thing about every release since 2 generations ago. Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex, etc did not meet expectations.

They still believe it's 2000 and their name is certified in gold. What this report is really saying - like their annual reports always say - FF16 and 7 didn't sell enough to cover losses across our entire division. I was looking forward to foamstars and didn't even know it released.

I feel forspoken had more marketing than any of these bigger releases.