Fat People And Excuses

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
and to help you understand maintenance even further

if you go backwards IE lose weight, your maintenance drops, which means you gradually have to have a stronger deficit

at 220, my maintenance was 2700 calories and i could cut fat at 2200. My maintenance at 152lbs is around 2100. which means i need to eat somewhere in the 1600 range to get the same results

and unforunately due to how thermodynamically favorable fatty tissue is, unless i exercise, the fat still wont be metabolized but rather muscle will(which unlike fat requires much more energy to maintain)

theres so much to this that you dont see(and the average american doesnt see)

but at the end of the day despite the complexity of the issue, eating habits and knowing what youre eating are proven, constant values. Overweight people do NEITHER. I can attest to this because ive seen it in myself, and ive seen it in my family, and ive seen it in my friends. Skinny people dont count calories because their eating habits restrict them from over eating.

ill put it like this, drop a pic of yourself @ 5'9" 180 and unless you have significant muscle mass(which would give you a much higher maintenance than me) i guarantee you have the capacity and probably the need to consider cutting.

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
i don't think that's very fair. Everyone has a right to the pursuit of happiness. 2200 calories a day, for me or you, may be an adequate amount of intake, but for someone with a different metabolism or someone with a thyroid affliction, 2200 calories/day is enough to put them into the obese range.

I just don't think its fair for me to judge someone when they can't enjoy the same things in life that I can and simply because factors that are 100% out of their control. I can eat an extra piece of cake and not really worry about it, but they can't. Your suggesting that they should live with an overall limitation on their happiness and just suck it up. Is that fair and equitable?

Someone with mental health issue SHOULD be given special consideration even if they are being an a$$hole. Maybe they just don't have the mental ability to detect negative reactions from other people? Maybe they don't have the ability to conceptualize what is and what isn't an a$$hole.

your argument is inherently flawed because you're equating happiness with eating food.

what kinda fat person logic is that? food is sustenance we need to survive. i can understand not having ANY food limiting a persons happiness. but someone that bases how happy they are on their ability to eat an extra piece of cake? come on now...

Daps
eating binges? i never binged regularly. i ate the same bad food everyday

the only thing that is different is i count calories. prior to college i never weighed more than 150...ironically that was when i handled all of my own eating habits. and surely i gained weight over time.

lemme explain how this works

fat is roughly 3500 calories per lb, it requires 4000 calories to synthesize(cells, blood, etc)

so you would have to eat 4000 cals extra a week to get that. So the average man has a maintenance between 2200-2500cals, so eating 2700-3000 calories CONSISTENTLY with no activity working against it. You gain weight

will your weight fluctuate? of course, between sodium and water levels that happens

the truth of the matter is it isnt quite simple, people are active on some days and not so much on others. some days they eat closer to maintenance

and the maintenance number, continually increases with added body mass. so even if that person were to eat 3000cals consistently, they would slowly stop getting fat until they reached a certain point(the graph would be logarithmic if you were to track weight vs time)

so no, just a one time binge does little to hurt you considering how long it takes fat to metabolize and synthesize.

And to take it further, when you are a teenager and adolescent you have your highest capacity to build new "tissues" in general due to higher levels of naturally produced human growth hormone. Therefore if you have bad habits due to your upbringing you are going to pile on weight early. So a child with a maintenance of 1300 calories thats forced to eat everything on his plate everyday with little activity, is now an obese teenager despite not eating "golden corral" sized portions

like i said, barring a thyroid disorder. Its eating habits. ive studied this for awhile now

nah.. I have been eating 2700 to 3000 a day for the last nine months.

However, I don't eat pork, beef and tuna/deep sea fish (mercury worries me), and I rarely eat white rice, white bread of anytype of sweets.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
so in detail

show me how you get to 2700-3000 per day :rudy:

furthermore, you are 5'9 180...but i dont know your body composition

as i said and you apparently glossed over just because we are the same height (we could even be the same weight) doesnt mean you will have the same maintenance as me

Daps
Reppin
Australia
I'm fat but I don't make excuses, I know its because I'm lazy and I overeat. :manny:
Getting sick of it though, I'm going to start eating better and exercising more. I think my life would really improve if I was at a healthy weight.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I'm fat but I don't make excuses, I know its because I'm lazy and I overeat. :manny:
Getting sick of it though, I'm going to start eating better and exercising more. I think my life would really improve if I was at a healthy weight.
see my guide breh

changing your habits doesnt have to be difficult, a small amount of willpower and gradual change will lend large results over time

you just have to come to grips with the fact you didnt gain the weight quickly and you arent going to lose it that quick either. but losing it is better than doing nothing

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps

You can do it breh :clap:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Its not even about exercise. People just eat too much.
If youre fat, its cause you ate too much.
Quit eating so much, lardass
the problem with you saying this is the definition of eating too much varies from person to person.

you go on the diet another person has to eat to lose weight and it might drive you insane. meanwhile a person could eat what you eat in a day and after several months they blow up huge. stop judging people based on arbitrary measurements.

one thing i will say is this though the bigger you are the more calories you burn so the easier it is to buckle down ever so slightly and lose weight. that will however take you only so far and then you have to really buckle down to lose more. most fat people if they could just cut out liquid calories they'd drop several pounds.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think a lot of people are genetically predisposed to gaining weight. They have to be.

Personally, I've never weighed over maybe 160. Was scrawny as a kid too. Haven't gained weight since college (I'm 5'9), and I weigh maybe 150 right now. I've never been on a diet in my life and don't exercise that much. Plus, I have a desk job where I'm sitting all day.

According to you guys I should weigh 300lbs, so I figure it has to be genetic. Not that I don't think people should make every attempt to be healthy, but I really do think a lot of people lost the genetic lottery.