Fat People And Excuses

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I think a lot of people are genetically predisposed to gaining weight. They have to be.

Personally, I've never weighed over maybe 160. Was scrawny as a kid too. Haven't gained weight since college (I'm 5'9), and I weigh maybe 150 right now. I've never been on a diet in my life and don't exercise that much. Plus, I have a desk job where I'm sitting all day.

According to you guys I should weigh 300lbs, so I figure it has to be genetic. Not that I don't think people should make every attempt to be healthy, but I really do think a lot of people lost the genetic lottery.

The question is just what types of foods are you eating? Somebody hit the nail on the head talking about eating to live and not living to eat. Too many people use food to equate happiness. Which leads into a dangerous spiral sense the foods that can make you happy are often unhealthy and leads to weight gain. Which leads to more unhappiness and more comfort foods.

I was never fat until I got an office job but was always wondering why I couldn't drop weight considering how much basketball I used to play. Then got an office job and stopped playing ball and gained like 30 pounds in about 3-4 months. Finally over the last year while trying to get in shape started counting calories and looking at the shyt I was eating and it's easy as hell to see exactly why I was gaining so much weight. I was easily taking in over 4000 calories a day some days. Most people that I know that are overweight that are trying to lose first thing I ask are what foods they are eating. A lot of times people think they're eating healthy and taking in crazy calories. Plus there are tons of foods with high calorie content that people don't realize. It really is an unhealthy culture and a damn shame you have to actively monitor what you eat to stay in shape. Some have higher metabolisms than others. Big fukking deal. If you're one of those people with a low metabolism then adjust.

And I'm saying all this as someone that's still in the process of trying to lose. I was up 285 at one point. Sitting at 245 and still losing.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I feel like that if I had bread like Oprah, it should be alot easier to be fit. She gotta have a chef on deck to cook up healthy foods with the right portion sizes. The most difficult thing might be finding time to workout having a busy schedule and all, but there is always time for something that's important to you.

I think about it all of the time. If I had somebody that could prepare all of my meals for me. Cook my veggies, make my protein shakes, fruit smoothies, etc... shyt would be so much easier. Limit myself to going out to eat once a week and have a paid chef doing all of the work? How could you not win if you really wanted to lose weight?

Daps
I feel like that if I had bread like Oprah, it should be alot easier to be fit. She gotta have a chef on deck to cook up healthy foods with the right portion sizes. The most difficult thing might be finding time to workout having a busy schedule and all, but there is always time for something that's important to you.

I think about it all of the time. If I had somebody that could prepare all of my meals for me. Cook my veggies, make my protein shakes, fruit smoothies, etc... shyt would be so much easier. Limit myself to going out to eat once a week and have a paid chef doing all of the work? How could you not win if you really wanted to lose weight?

Unless you are working sixteen hour days and the rest of your days are spent sleeping, there is no reason why someone can't take the time to work out. Oprah may be busy, but she can definitely lose weight if she wants to, since like you said she could pay for any chef or personal trainer. She should have done that instead of featuring "miracle diets" on her shows. Regular people without that kind of money can lose weight. Any normal person with a normal schedule and free time who complains that they can't lose weight is not trying hard enough.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Unless you are working sixteen hour days and the rest of your days are spent sleeping, there is no reason why someone can't take the time to work out. Oprah may be busy, but she can definitely lose weight if she wants to, since like you said she could pay for any chef or personal trainer. She should have done that instead of featuring "miracle diets" on her shows. Regular people without that kind of money can lose weight. Any normal person with a normal schedule and free time who complains that they can't lose weight is not trying hard enough.
That's working on the premise that they have an idea of how to get there. There is so much information it's easy for someone to get upside down in what works. Even what people consider the most basic elements have failed people.

Daps
That's working on the premise that they have an idea of how to get there. There is so much information it's easy for someone to get upside down in what works. Even what people consider the most basic elements have failed people.

You don't have to be an expert on nutrition and exercise to lose weight. Going to your local park to jog or play sports or do some kind of cardio costs nothing. Cutting out junk food that everyone knows is bad for you is easy as long as you have willpower. Anyone can take the first steps towards losing weight and refine their diets and exercise routines with research after they take those first steps.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
You don't have to be an expert on nutrition and exercise to lose weight. Going to your local park to jog or play sports or do some kind of cardio costs nothing. Cutting out junk food that everyone knows is bad for you is easy as long as you have willpower. Anyone can take the first steps towards losing weight and refine their diets and exercise routines with research after they take those first steps.
Fam if it were that simple it would be a lot less people struggling than there currently is.

Daps
Fam if it were that simple it would be a lot less people struggling than there currently is.

Yeah, that's what people who claim that they can't lose weight say. But nobody is exempt from the laws of physics. You lose weight if you burn more calories that you take in. A normal person who is not constantly working and doesn't have disabilities CAN lose weight. Anybody can order a single cheeseburger instead of a double and give up soda and desserts. Anybody can go for a jog. Most of the people who claim exercise doesn't work are probably the people who walk for exercise or do something else that doesn't get their heart rate up. I sometimes see people walking around my neighborhood who are putting in "effort," but I look at them like :snoop: because I know that walking at those speeds is not going to give them the results they want.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yeah, that's what people who claim that they can't lose weight say. But nobody is exempt from the laws of physics. You lose weight if you burn more calories that you take in. A normal person who is not constantly working and doesn't have disabilities CAN lose weight. Anybody can order a single cheeseburger instead of a double and give up soda and desserts. Anybody can go for a jog. Most of the people who claim exercise doesn't work are probably the people who walk for exercise or do something else that doesn't get their heart rate up. I sometimes see people walking around my neighborhood who are putting in "effort," but I look at them like :snoop: because I know that walking at those speeds is not going to give them the results they want.
The laws of physics as you are talking about aren't sustainable in such a simple manner.

Granted losing weight and keeping of are two different things.

Simply saying exercise is the key is counterintuitive. For most people exercise creates hunger and doesn't limit it. So you put people who are truly trying into a paradox of telling them they should eat less and exercise more which will likely make them hungrier.

Are there general work arounds to that for a short time, certainly.

Point being that for someone that doesn't have a concept to begin with it is very easy to get mind fucced over what to do.

Daps
The laws of physics as you are talking about aren't sustainable in such a simple manner.

Granted losing weight and keeping of are two different things.

Simply saying exercise is the key is counterintuitive. For most people exercise creates hunger and doesn't limit it. So you put people who are truly trying into a paradox of telling them they should eat less and exercise more which will likely make them hungrier.

Are there general work arounds to that for a short time, certainly.

Point being that for someone that doesn't have a concept to begin with it is very easy to get mind fucced over what to do.

Exercise levels off your appetite over time. The only people who need to eat a lot of calories while exercising are professional athletes who are constantly exercising and need to stay in top shape for a living. Exercising will not make the average person ravenously hungry, or nobody would be able to do it.

With the amount of free information available on the internet, there is no reason for the average American to claim that they can't lose weight. If somebody has time to sit on the couch and watch TV for a few hours a day, they can workout for 30 minutes to an hour.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:mjlol:
Exercise levels off your appetite over time. The only people who need to eat a lot of calories while exercising are professional athletes who are constantly exercising and need to stay in top shape for a living. Exercising will not make the average person ravenously hungry, or nobody would be able to do it.

With the amount of free information available on the internet, there is no reason for the average American to claim that they can't lose weight. If somebody has time to sit on the couch and watch TV for a few hours a day, they can workout for 30 minutes to an hour.
So generally speaking something that causes the body to expend more energy also doesn't cue the body to seek more nutrients to compensate?

Daps
:mjlol:
So generally speaking something that causes the body to expend more energy also doesn't cue the body to seek more nutrients to compensate?

You may seek more calories but you will still only lose weight if you eat less calories than you burn. If this wasn't true then exercise really wouldn't work like some people believe. Eventually you will reach an equilibrium at your desired weight and you workout to maintain that weight instead of losing more.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
The portions we consume in this country is embarrassing.

The vast majority of people don't need 1500 calorie lunches.....but they continue to do so because restaurants give it to them.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

what bruh/.