Fat People And Excuses

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
. There's only one way to lose weight and that's to take in less calories than you burn over a period of time.
You don't have to exercise, do portion control, or have a positive attitude.

Taking in less calories than you burn is portion control :mjlol:

Why would you not want the most comprehensive strategies to help lose weight?
That's working smarter instead of harder, and those strategies will become good habits that help keep the weight off once its gone.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
Skinny people love to throw out excuses as well.

If I hear "I eat all the time and STILL can't gain weight" one more time by a 150 pounder :stopitslime:

(that used to be me)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Taking in less calories than you burn is portion control :mjlol:

Why would you not want the most comprehensive strategies to help lose weight?
That's working smarter instead of harder, and those strategies will become good habits that help keep the weight off once its gone.
Taking in less calories than you burn isn't portion control. You can eat your entire daily caloric allowance in a giant portion of a single food. Beyond that you sound like you don't know what you're talking about.

First off have you ever been fat? I have and being fat is a symptom not the issue itself. Being fat is the physical manifestation of psychological issues most of the time. Nobody sits down and plans out a binge it just happens. Usually an response to emotional or psychological trauma or stress. Fat people like most addicts aren't consciously doing it to themselves.

There are plenty of people in this world with problems and issues. Most people don't have to walk around displaying them. Smokers, drug addicts, sex addicts, alcoholics the list goes on and on. The guy with herpes doesn't have to walk around with a sign on his head that says he has it. He puts on his clothes and walks out the door and looks like a regular guy. Fat people have to walk around with what amounts to a public advertising of their issue. Being fat is a hard life like the lives of most other addicts. It's also an unrewarding life.

The stuff you're talking about it's like telling a person with pneumonia just take a cough drop. Attacking the single symptom isn't going to address the real issue. Yes fat people are fat because they don't regulate their eating but telling them to regulate their eating and ignoring what drives them to eat the way they do is something only an ignorant person would do. The battles you're talking about fighting come after the real issue is tackled not before.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Taking in less calories than you burn isn't portion control. You can eat your entire daily caloric allowance in a giant portion of a single food. Beyond that you sound like you don't know what you're talking about.

First off have you ever been fat? I have and being fat is a symptom not the issue itself. Being fat is the physical manifestation of psychological issues most of the time. Nobody sits down and plans out a binge it just happens. Usually an response to emotional or psychological trauma or stress. Fat people like most addicts aren't consciously doing it to themselves.

There are plenty of people in this world with problems and issues. Most people don't have to walk around displaying them. Smokers, drug addicts, sex addicts, alcoholics the list goes on and on. The guy with herpes doesn't have to walk around with a sign on his head that says he has it. He puts on his clothes and walks out the door and looks like a regular guy. Fat people have to walk around with what amounts to a public advertising of their issue. Being fat is a hard life like the lives of most other addicts. It's also an unrewarding life.

The stuff you're talking about it's like telling a person with pneumonia just take a cough drop. Attacking the single symptom isn't going to address the real issue. Yes fat people are fat because they don't regulate their eating but telling them to regulate their eating and ignoring what drives them to eat the way they do is something only an ignorant person would do. The battles you're talking about fighting come after the real issue is tackled not before.

That can be part of it but definitely not the primary cause.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That can be part of it but definitely not the primary cause.
Really, how many fat people do you know that don't have an eating disorder? Maybe some people are on medication or have genetic issues but the vast majority of fat people have some problem and food became a comfort and they developed an eating disorder. The disorder and the triggers / cause at the root of it are the real issue.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Really, how many fat people do you know that don't have an eating disorder? Maybe some people are on medication or have genetic issues but the vast majority of fat people have some problem and food became a comfort and they developed an eating disorder. The disorder and the triggers / cause at the root of it are the real issue.
:wtf:

Define "fat".

If you mean people who are generally overweight I would say most don't qualify as people with eating disorders as we traditionally know them. If you mean obese than I see your point.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:wtf:

Define "fat".

If you mean people who are generally overweight I would say most don't qualify as people with eating disorders as we traditionally know them. If you mean obese than I see your point.
fat as obese. If you're overweight but your body fat is in the high 20s to 30s or beyond.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Then go see a therapist:yeshrug:

I had to for ADHD, had to do behavioral modification and all that shyt so don't tell me that is an outrageous suggestion.

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
I hate when people say they gonna get in the gym and be in shape by the summer lol. Gym and eating well is a way of life! This is coming from a man who was 190 in college and ballooned to 265 by 25 and went down to 185 last summer. I am a healthy 210 :smile:

DAMMMMMN this post of mine is from almost 4 years ago. I'm 229 now. Working my way down to 200 to 210.

To my coli brothers and brehettes, don't let responsibilities keep you from eating healthy and exercising. I've had a few major injuries the last two years but I've found a way to remain healthy and not stressing my mind and body.

fukk excuses , find solutions.

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
DAMMMMMN this post of mine is from almost 4 years ago. I'm 229 now. Working my way down to 200 to 210.

To my coli brothers and brehettes, don't let responsibilities keep you from eating healthy and exercising. I've had a few major injuries the last two years but I've found a way to remain healthy and not stressing my mind and body.

fukk excuses , find solutions.
people with your mentality will go far in life

Ian1362

david ruffin in the flesh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Calories in calories out shyt ain't that hard. My overweight cousin posted some dumb shyt on FB about going on a week cleanse to "prepare" herself to lose weight and improve her eating habits :usure:

fukk that shyt, go outside and move your ass

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
I cant remember if ive roasted a few fatties in this thread but this time i will take a diplomatic approach.

How do u expect me to respect you if you cannot respect yourself.

Get up an hour earlier and move ur ass. No one is that busy

Ian1362

david ruffin in the flesh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I cant remember if ive roasted a few fatties in this thread but this time i will take a diplomatic approach.

How do u expect me to respect you if you cannot respect yourself.

Get up an hour earlier and move ur ass. No one is that busy

I'd rather hate on fatties and motivate them to improve themselves then feign compassion about their inability to regulate their behavior. People who were formerly overweight can tell you shyt is pretty realizable if you have some self discipline. Like really, "staying alive" longer without dying from preventative shyt is easy enough motivation for me to drag my ass to the gym.

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
I'd rather hate on fatties and motivate them to improve themselves then feign compassion about their inability to regulate their behavior. People who were formerly overweight can tell you shyt is pretty realizable if you have some self discipline. Like really, "staying alive" longer without dying from preventative shyt is easy enough motivation for me to drag my ass to the gym.
Fact of the matter is the human body is EXTREMELY adaptable...even a little work will provide tangible benefits.

Fatties gonna fatty tho

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
People really over complicate it. Eat less and start moving. That's literally it. I think the biggest problem is people focus too much on exercise when the most important thing is what they're eating.