Fat People And Excuses

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
it is a tiny tiny minority of the exploding obese population all over the world who have thyroid disease or are plagued by metabolism to get weighty by eating healthily all day

if you like food and want to eat as everyone else, or as you desire... fine

but the vast majority of overeating and underactivity is a result of corporations selling you junk and controlling your lifestyle

nobody was eating huge bags of Lays until someone made them

Nobody is making them.

*reads thread title again*

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Its not even about exercise. People just eat too much.
If youre fat, its cause you ate too much.
Quit eating so much, lardass

this is too much real talk

people aint really understanding this

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Some people are born fat.

Remember with Jules said to Vincent vega, " Ofcourse he's fat. He's a samaon. Give him a break"

I can't really fault people with their weight problems when I see some people can eat 4000 calories a day and not gain any weight. Life isn't fair, and they (the obese) got shafted. Why rub it in?
How can you not fault them is a better question. Just because someone can down 4000 cals and not gain weight doesn't mean mean everyone should be able to do it. How can you not fault them when they see their weight and waist size going up but continue to eat shytty and avoid any type of exercise?

i don't think that's very fair. Everyone has a right to the pursuit of happiness. 2200 calories a day, for me or you, may be an adequate amount of intake, but for someone with a different metabolism or someone with a thyroid affliction, 2200 calories/day is enough to put them into the obese range. dont eat 2200calories then:manny:

I just don't think its fair for me to judge someone when they can't enjoy the same things in life that I can and simply because factors that are 100% out of their control. I can eat an extra piece of cake and not really worry about it, but they can't. Your suggesting that they should live with an overall limitation on their happiness and just suck it up. Is that fair and equitable?
They can't control diet and exercise regime?:beli:
They can eat whatever they want, just not as much as they want.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
i don't think that's very fair. Everyone has a right to the pursuit of happiness. 2200 calories a day, for me or you, may be an adequate amount of intake, but for someone with a different metabolism or someone with a thyroid affliction, 2200 calories/day is enough to put them into the obese range.

I just don't think its fair for me to judge someone when they can't enjoy the same things in life that I can and simply because factors that are 100% out of their control. I can eat an extra piece of cake and not really worry about it, but they can't. Your suggesting that they should live with an overall limitation on their happiness and just suck it up. Is that fair and equitable?

Someone with mental health issue SHOULD be given special consideration even if they are being an a$$hole. Maybe they just don't have the mental ability to detect negative reactions from other people? Maybe they don't have the ability to conceptualize what is and what isn't an a$$hole.

Bruh youre missing the point. The actual % of people with legit conditions that make them obese is very small. Most people are just lazy.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don't believe that. I think it's more like 15 to 20%
Based on what? I haven't been able to find anything concrete on the link between thyroid issues and obesity

All I've been able to find is that about 30 million Americans (<10%) have diagnosed thyroid problems. Meanwhile way more than that are obese. And in any case, even if people have thyroid issues, why are we so much fatter now than 30, 40, 50 years ago? The gene pool is the same. It all comes down to diet. Some people are more susceptible to weight gain + are just genetically fatter than others. But thats still not really an excuse

Daps
Based on what? I haven't been able to find anything concrete on the link between thyroid issues and obesity

All I've been able to find is that about 30 million Americans (<10%) have diagnosed thyroid problems. Meanwhile way more than that are obese. And in any case, even if people have thyroid issues, why are we so much fatter now than 30, 40, 50 years ago? The gene pool is the same. It all comes down to diet. Some people are more susceptible to weight gain + are just genetically fatter than others. But thats still not really an excuse

I think the thyroid and effect the metabolic system, so it's a conceptual estimate that a lot of physicians tell their patients. It could be real though.

And the thyroid is just one factor that could influence obesity. There many others. 23andme.com can identify how many "fat genes" one has.

all i'm saying is this. if someone has to eat 1500 calories a day for their entire life, just to maintain a "normal" BMI, I can't fault them for being fat. They got the short end of the stick. I don't think we should judge someone in that situation.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think the thyroid and effect the metabolic system, so it's a conceptual estimate that a lot of physicians tell their patients. It could be real though.

And the thyroid is just one factor that could influence obesity. There many others. 23andme.com can identify how many "fat genes" one has.

all i'm saying is this. if someone has to eat 1500 calories a day for their entire life, just to maintain a "normal" BMI, I can't fault them for being fat. They got the short end of the stick. I don't think we should judge someone in that situation.
You still miss the point. People had the same "thyroid problems" 50 years ago. The difference is they were not eating 3000 calories a day. It comes down to consumption.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
and those people were still fat-asses in the 50's. Not everyone was skinny in the 50's, 40's or even 12,000 bc.

no man the proportionate percentage of obesity is exploding ... worldwide

I find it hard to believe that as genetic creatures we go straight from widespread famine/malnutrition to obesity and all these thyroid problems were just waiting in the wing

the reason the whole 'natural body metabolism' argument doesn't sit well with me even in the abstract free of numbers is that obese people aren't all in balance with the rest of their bodily functions

the obesity is fukking with their heart, creating trouble for their joints, giving them diabetes etc.. it's not their 'natural state'

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
and those people were still fat-asses in the 50's. Not everyone was skinny in the 50's, 40's or even 12,000 bc.
OK, so there is a contingent of people who are predisposed to being heavy. Like I said, 10%. How do you account for the other 50% of folks who are overweight/obese?

And even still, what was considered "fat" back then is considered normal/overweight now. How do you explain the shift? Can't be genetics, genes don't change that dramatically over 50 yrs. And everything else that goes into people's weight (diet, activity level) is within their control. No excuses :huh:

My lil bro jumped to 290lbs and dumped a good 70lbs just by eating less and hitting the treadmill. It took him a year but he did it. People need to stop making excuses. Odds are high that most fat people can get down to a normal + healthy weight.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Excuses are bad, but you gotta place a lot of blame on modern society.

Huge ass portions of affordable crap, the prepackaged food market, the food industry in america

poor knowledge re: nutrition everywhere, and conflicting opinions even for people interested in learning more

less active society overall due to a number of factors

the 21st century is almost designed to make people fat, its quite sad really.