Fat People And Excuses

Daps
OK, so there is a contingent of people who are predisposed to being heavy. Like I said, 10%. How do you account for the other 50% of folks who are overweight/obese?

I'm not concerned with those folks. Like I said in post earlier. Ashley graham and those like her who are chubby are definitely a problem.

And even still, what was considered "fat" back then is considered normal/overweight now. How do you explain the shift? Can't be genetics, genes don't change that dramatically over 50 yrs. And everything else that goes into people's weight (diet, activity level) is within their control. No excuses :huh:

Genes may not change, but genes can become more prevalent in 50 years, which is something different. We also have a large influx of Mexican americans, many of whom are Indios of native Mezo-americans. They seem to be short and fat even while living very active Village lives.

My lil bro jumped to 290lbs and dumped a good 70lbs just by eating less and hitting the treadmill. It took him a year but he did it. People need to stop making excuses. Odds are high that most fat people can get down to a normal + healthy weight.

Just because your brother lost weight doesn't mean that the 15-20% that are predisposed to be fat can lose weight in the same manner.

Daps
no man the proportionate percentage of obesity is exploding ... worldwide

I find it hard to believe that as genetic creatures we go straight from widespread famine/malnutrition to obesity and all these thyroid problems were just waiting in the wing

the reason the whole 'natural body metabolism' argument doesn't sit well with me even in the abstract free of numbers is that obese people aren't all in balance with the rest of their bodily functions

the obesity is fukking with their heart, creating trouble for their joints, giving them diabetes etc.. it's not their 'natural state'

World obesity rates are exploding because the cost of food has significantly gone down within the last 100 years.

A whole chicken used to cost 50$ adjusted for inflation. A piece of steak is almost nothing these days, but there is a reason why it's associate with wealth and the rich even to this day. It was grossly expensive in years prior to the 50s

Food is more avialable and most less expensive. Even the really health food is very cheap.

But to say that there isn't a core group of people who are simply predisposed to put on weight is very inconsiderate.

om-samoa01.thumbnail.jpg

JAN-06.jpg

There is variability in the human form and in some areas, that 10-20% group of weight-gainers were selected for. Being fat is beneficial, especially if your a sea-faring people, who can only eat a limited amount of food.

MalickSyXShabbaz

FREEALLTHEDOVESANDBANANAS
Daps
I'm not concerned with those folks. Like I said in post earlier. Ashley graham and those like her who are chubby are definitely a problem.

Genes may not change, but genes can become more prevalent in 50 years, which is something different. We also have a large influx of Mexican americans, many of whom are Indios of native Mezo-americans. They seem to be short and fat even while living very active Village lives.

Just because your brother lost weight doesn't mean that the 15-20% that are predisposed to be fat can lose weight in the same manner.
:deadrose: @ THE 15-20 PERCENT PREEDISPOSED

THOSE 15 -20 PREDISPOSED TRACE THEIR GENES FROM PLACES WHERE UNDER 5 PERCENT OF THE POPULATION ARE OVERWEIGHT

OBESITY IS NOTHING BUT THE PRODUCT OF BAD HABITS BE THEY CAUSED BY TRAUMA OR JUST A LOVE OF FOOD.

I WAS 320 POUNDS AND NOW IM 215...I USED TO LOOK AT MY DAD AND JUST SAY HE GOT A BIG APPETITE AND HE'S A BIG nikka SO ITS IN MY GENES, BUT THE FACT IS HE WAS SKINNY AS A YUTE..I JUST LACKED SELF CONTROL LIKE 99 PERCENT OF EVERY FAT PERSON OUT THERE.

Daps
:deadrose: @ THE 15-20 PERCENT PREEDISPOSED

THOSE 15 -20 PREDISPOSED TRACE THEIR GENES FROM PLACES WHERE UNDER 5 PERCENT OF THE POPULATION ARE OVERWEIGHT

OBESITY IS NOTHING BUT THE PRODUCT OF BAD HABITS BE THEY CAUSED BY TRAUMA OR JUST A LOVE OF FOOD.

I WAS 320 POUNDS AND NOW IM 215...I USED TO LOOK AT MY DAD AND JUST SAY HE GOT A BIG APPETITE AND HE'S A BIG nikka SO ITS IN MY GENES, BUT THE FACT IS HE WAS SKINNY AS A YUTE..I JUST LACKED SELF CONTROL LIKE 99 PERCENT OF EVERY FAT PERSON OUT THERE.

If were talking about New-world africans, there is some clear evidence of selection happening in their genes relative to Native west Africans. Metabolic genes may be one of those selected traits. Perhaps the Weight-gainers were more likely to survive the awfulness of the slave trade shipping routes. We already have an example of Sea-faring people facing a selection process of that type. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
now you've changed it from diseases and metabolic ticks inside populations to group population selection

it's true, if you're from a population that's always been 'heavier', then obesity for you should be measured in line with your background

but if X traditional person in the heaver population is at 180, and you're at 250, at some point it's not just your brown genetics dude

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
rep to Zeon for attempting to explain obesity from an evolutionary biology perspective, which is necessary

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
rep to Zeon for attempting to explain obesity from an evolutionary biology perspective, which is necessary

Zeon is aka gundumzeta and approaches every problem using race as a universal sledgehammer. I wouldn't encourage him

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
If were talking about New-world africans, there is some clear evidence of selection happening in their genes relative to Native west Africans. Metabolic genes may be one of those selected traits. Perhaps the Weight-gainers were more likely to survive the awfulness of the slave trade shipping routes. We already have an example of Sea-faring people facing a selection process of that type. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that.

bruh don't use pseudo evolutionary theory to try to prove a dumb ass point.

I could easily say that Perhaps those who were able to survive on the least amount of calories and whose bodies were able to metaboolize small amount of calories in the most efficient way,s thus making them skinny, would be the ones who would surviving the awfulness of the slave trade shipping routes as opposed to weight gainers who tend to consume excess amount of calories that aren't available on a slave ship. :jawalrus:

that cac shyt is for the birds.. IT's about self control, for some fukked up reasons that can sometimes not be their own fault, people's self control gets fukked up at an early age and they become slaves to their physical desires

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Some ppl just don't care they're overweight. Priorities are elsewhere.

The ones that do care and fail to make a change simply lack discipline.

Genetic predisposition? 1500cals to maintain leanness? :heh:

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
Zeon is aka gundumzeta and approaches every problem using race as a universal sledgehammer. I wouldn't encourage him

I'm not saying anything he's saying is correct or substantiated

just saying that human evolutionary biology and modern society have a lot to do with modern obesity figures.
:manny:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Right, but they can still lose weight.

Everyone else covered what I was gonna say. You look at where these peopel are from, people there aren't as fat. Regardless of whatever genetic issues people have, the bottom line is most Americans overconsume and underexert, and even folks with "fat genetic predispositions" would be a lot healthier not eating 3000 calories a day.

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
I'm not saying anything he's saying is correct or substantiated

just saying that human evolutionary biology and modern society have a lot to do with modern obesity figures.
:manny:

the latter ALOT MORE SO THAN THE OTHER.

THE MODERN FOOD INDUSTRY HAS EXISTED FOR 50 YEARS...OUR GENES BEEN AROUND SINCE GOD MADE THE FIRST CREATURE AND MADE US ALL GENETICALLY RELATED

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
the latter ALOT MORE SO THAN THE OTHER.

THE MODERN FOOD INDUSTRY HAS EXISTED FOR 50 YEARS...OUR GENES BEEN AROUND SINCE GOD MADE THE FIRST CREATURE AND MADE US ALL GENETICALLY RELATED

Well, the two are interrelated. If everyones bodies could handle eating the macros and calories we do there would be no obesity problem would there? I know a couple people who can eat all day and not gain an ounce of fat. How would they do in environments with less resources if they couldnt store that energy as well as others though?

food for thought.