ESPN will cancel The Jump and has removed Rachel Nichols from all NBA programming

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Good,
Espn need to stop trying to be journalists and hire talk show hosts. Rather have steve harvey do these sports shows than some reporter.
This isn't MSNBC, this is entertainment, recreation. it's not that serious.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Good,
Espn need to stop trying to be journalists and hire talk show hosts. Rather have steve harvey do these sports shows than some reporter.
This isn't MSNBC, this is entertainment, recreation. it's not that serious.
Um…no. What you’re talking about is damn near what they’re doing right now. If anything they need to do more journalism and less hot takes. Leave that shyt to two shows.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Um…no. What you’re talking about is damn near what they’re doing right now. If anything they need to do more journalism and less hot takes. Leave that shyt to two shows.
Hot takes is not what i mean. I mean treat it like a regular game show, no different than Jeopardy. Except the game is basketball. Games shows don't hire analysts and stuff. They just hire Entertainers, personalities or people that happen to be good at the game. Rachel Nicols has never played ball and she isn't an entertainer. Steven is popular because he is a bombastic personality thats entertaining, not because his hot takes or journalistic background. If you wouldn't hire them to host family feud or something like that, don't have them host a sports show either. There are actual comedians who played sports, nobody thought to bring them in. Al bundy played for the pittsburg steelers. Joel Mchale played college football, Bob Barker the jeopardy host who died, he played college basketball. Espn never thought to steal him away? Jason Sudekis played college basketball. There are people out there who are perfect for this type of job and they instead choose news reporters

Last edited:

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this sounds atrocious

"Big 3"

These so called journalists really think the NBA culture is about them as much as it is about the games, thinking they superstars. Stephen A really sees himself as being on a par with Bron, only of sports shows. Disgusting.

Fire SAS and gimme Kwame Brown+Chris Webber or some shyt.:ehh:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if wilbon can reign himself in some, i could see him playing an ernie johnson role on an NBA show. i wouldn't want these three, but wilbon, rose, carter (or barnes, he's good on tv) and chiney or ros gold could be an interesting lineup. i
you know the bolded ain't happening, he will be reminding us he calls Magic "Earvin" every chance he gets.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
lol @ yall who keep dropping kwame. they aint hiring no angry, spitter like that. the goal is to be bland enough to entertain a wide swath of people, kwame is on the net cuz you can find any niche audience there, he's not Disney/ESPN content

Exactly the reason why they love Greeny as much as they do and keep giving him high profile gigs.