ESPN will cancel The Jump and has removed Rachel Nichols from all NBA programming

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The SAS NBA show will be just the Sportscenter at the Finals with SAS that they did during the finals. It already had Wilbon on it and Magic made a couple of appearances. It was better than Countdown anyway.

I would assume that they’d find a way to keep Jalen on the panel considering that he wouldn’t have anything else to do outside of Jalen & Jacoby if they didn’t.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I would assume that they’d find a way to keep Jalen on the panel considering that he wouldn’t have anything else to do outside of Jalen & Jacoby if they didn’t.
Jalen has been part of every countdown show they considered a failure for the last 5 years. How many chances they going to give him?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Jalen has been part of every countdown show they considered a failure for the last 5 years. How many chances they going to give him?

True, but if you want to keep him and don’t want to lose Jalen & Jacoby then you’ll figure out something else for him to do especially since they already took the Get Up co-host gig from him.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Hot takes is not what i mean. I mean treat it like a regular game show, no different than Jeopardy. Except the game is basketball. Games shows don't hire analysts and stuff. They just hire Entertainers, personalities or people that happen to be good at the game. Rachel Nicols has never played ball and she isn't an entertainer. Steven is popular because he is a bombastic personality thats entertaining, not because his hot takes or journalistic background. If you wouldn't hire them to host family feud or something like that, don't have them host a sports show either. There are actual comedians who played sports, nobody thought to bring them in. Al bundy played for the pittsburg steelers. Joel Mchale played college football, Bob Barker the jeopardy host who died, he played college basketball. Espn never thought to steal him away? Jason Sudekis played college basketball. There are people out there who are perfect for this type of job and they instead choose news reporters
A show like countdown ain't a game show though. I know you want shows to be funny but Countdown's problem is that it adds zero value from both an entertainment or informal standpoint. Charles Barkley can get away with knowing jack shyt about current NBA stuff because he's a legend and has a well of history he can draw from. When others try that shyt it just makes the show look unimportant.

paidNfull

Live By It, Die By It
Daps
Reppin
LouI$I@n@
True, but if you want to keep him and don’t want to lose Jalen & Jacoby then you’ll figure out something else for him to do especially since they already took the Get Up co-host gig from him.
They didn't take it from him, they just never been in studio ...they need to all get back in the studios tho, guest and everything...that shyt pissing me off... Speak For Yourself with guest in studio >>>

Daps
Reppin
NULL

@tremonthustler1

NFL Live for 2 hours indeed

I have no idea ESPN has gone so many years without an NBA show with a similar concept. ESPN did a good job with the new NFL Live team of Mina/Orlovsky/Spears. Hopefully they can nail it for the NBA programming, but outside of Legs I don't really see them currently having the right personalities.
Yeah Jalen Rose outside of him sonning Skip years ago, has been meh on Countdown and wasn't good on Get Up. I'd actually even prefer RJ over him.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
lmao, this is what I was talking about in the Malika thread. When that shyt with Maria Taylor came to the light all the former players defended Rachel on social media, these nikkas haven't said shyt while Malika is deservedly taking her beating.

RACIAL IS A RACIST PIECE OF shyt
BUT IVE NEVER SEEN HER
TALK DOWN TO A CURRENT
NOR EX NBA PLAYER

:devil:
:evil:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I'm cool with it. She sat for a year and hopefully learned from this. What Rachel said about Maria was ignorant and shouldn't have been said. Maria doesn't have to prove her value to anyone.