ESPN will cancel The Jump and has removed Rachel Nichols from all NBA programming

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
"Big 3"

These so called journalists really think the NBA culture is about them as much as it is about the games, thinking they superstars. Stephen A really sees himself as being on a par with Bron, only of sports shows. Disgusting.

Fire SAS and gimme Kwame Brown+Chris Webber or some shyt.:ehh:

SAS prolly work 100 hrs a week and is ESPN highest paid talent ever. ESPN is a billion dollar corporation and he's the head man so why wouldn't he try to use his power? This happens across TV journalism all over not just sports. Stop hating nikka :mjlol:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
apparently Bill Simmons and the guy who wrote the ESPN book talking about this on his podcast

:jbhmm:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hot takes is not what i mean. I mean treat it like a regular game show, no different than Jeopardy. Except the game is basketball. Games shows don't hire analysts and stuff. They just hire Entertainers, personalities or people that happen to be good at the game. Rachel Nicols has never played ball and she isn't an entertainer. Steven is popular because he is a bombastic personality thats entertaining, not because his hot takes or journalistic background. If you wouldn't hire them to host family feud or something like that, don't have them host a sports show either. There are actual comedians who played sports, nobody thought to bring them in. Al bundy played for the pittsburg steelers. Joel Mchale played college football, Bob Barker the jeopardy host who died, he played college basketball. Espn never thought to steal him away? Jason Sudekis played college basketball. There are people out there who are perfect for this type of job and they instead choose news reporters

:dwillhuh:

King Poetic

Chow Yun Phat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
This has to be more about Rachel criticizing espn than Maria in my opinion

but glad she’s off the air.. that fake smile while throwing in dirty ass questions to players or comments

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Hot takes is not what i mean. I mean treat it like a regular game show, no different than Jeopardy. Except the game is basketball. Games shows don't hire analysts and stuff. They just hire Entertainers, personalities or people that happen to be good at the game. Rachel Nicols has never played ball and she isn't an entertainer. Steven is popular because he is a bombastic personality thats entertaining, not because his hot takes or journalistic background. If you wouldn't hire them to host family feud or something like that, don't have them host a sports show either. There are actual comedians who played sports, nobody thought to bring them in. Al bundy played for the pittsburg steelers. Joel Mchale played college football, Bob Barker the jeopardy host who died, he played college basketball. Espn never thought to steal him away? Jason Sudekis played college basketball. There are people out there who are perfect for this type of job and they instead choose news reporters

You're absolutely right. But these people are suits, they got no idea how to do anything.