ESPN will cancel The Jump and has removed Rachel Nichols from all NBA programming

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don't quite understand your point at all.

Is it the cancel culture stuff that irks you.i agree with yo

I fully agree with this.
The show was a uninteresting if you are true basketball fan.
However to say that she was kicked out for backstabbing is just false.
Corporate America doesn't work like that at all.
She was kicked out because she didn't defend the company terrible diversity record and made it an issue.
The public is focused on the whole she sold out maria ish.
Life isn't as simple as black and white. There is mostly different shades of grey.
Maria is not the good guy and Rachel the bad guy.
Both are just politicking.
My last post on the topic.
Imma let y'all rock after this.

You can look at what's transpired pertaining to diversity and minorities under Pitaro's tenure and see how awful their diversity record is. Pitaro took away a lot of the high profile gigs that Skipper gave to minorities and essentially forced a lot of those talent either away from the company or lower profile positions.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Jump was just not a good show, I enjoyed it when it first came out but it got old too quick.

The Jump show formula

- 10 mins monologue to start, subject could be absolutely nothing but Rachel would somehow stretch it for 10 mins. Was the worst part of the show
- Segment on what happened on social media, player x tweeted, liked this etc
- Hot take segment
- 1 min segment on what happened in the NBA last night (this should be most of the show:stopitslime:but somehow got a min timeslot, lol)
- 10 seconds showing what happened in NBA history on this date, was a good part of the show.

That is just not a good basketball show, shyt like that should be left for First Takes of the world. The new show needs a segment like Legler does on SVP, discuss the games from last night fully and keep the twitter drama/hot take to a minimum. No one is expecting a full show of X & Os but you need to discuss basketball.

That makes sense. The Jump was basically designed as a show for the basketball fan who might low key think that the actual games are the least interesting thing about basketball, but can't/won't realize they see it that way.

I don't quite understand your point at all.

Is it the cancel culture stuff that irks you.i agree with yo

I fully agree with this.
The show was a uninteresting if you are true basketball fan.
However to say that she was kicked out for backstabbing is just false.
Corporate America doesn't work like that at all.

She was kicked out because she didn't defend the company terrible diversity record and made it an issue.
The public is focused on the whole she sold out maria ish.
Life isn't as simple as black and white. There is mostly different shades of grey.
Maria is not the good guy and Rachel the bad guy.
Both are just politicking.
My last post on the topic.
Imma let y'all rock after this.

Can't agree more with the bolded. She didn't get sat down because she snaked anyone around her, or because this is some meaningful stand over social issues.

She simply caused a problem that was more trouble than she was worth. The minute that Adam Silver had to answer a question about her at a press conference before the first game of the Finals, it was a wrap for her.

SuavePrince

All Star
Daps
Sounds like Rachel's gonna have a lot of free time now :mjlit:
giphy.gif
:wow::wow::shaq:

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
. I don’t care about players unfollowing each other on IG.
You don't and a lot of the coli don't but thebvast majority of people do.

Its been a bad week for Klutch Sports :sas2:
Makes you wonder why she felt so comfortable getting out of pocket with LeBron's team. Like someone else said YesJulz incoming.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That makes sense. The Jump was basically designed as a show for the basketball fan who might low key think that the actual games are the least interesting thing about basketball, but can't/won't realize they see it that way.

Can't agree more with the bolded. She didn't get sat down because she snaked anyone around her, or because this is some meaningful stand over social issues.

She simply caused a problem that was more trouble than she was worth. The minute that Adam Silver had to answer a question about her at a press conference before the first game of the Finals, it was a wrap for her.

Not to mention the fact that I think that Silver finally grew a pair :dame: and got tired of all the bullshyt and controversy that had been surrounding the NBA over the years at ESPN. For whatever reason, it was always some bullshyt involving the NBA side of things and particularly NBA Countdown.