Epic Games had to rewrite parts of UE5 to keep up with PS5'S SSD.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They've had deep dives into the systems, and they talked up how shyt works. Please showcase where anybody that would know has said that. I feel like you pulled that out your ass because I've never heard that and I follow this shyt. Smaller game sizes he says :laff: then for you guys to call him delusional while simultaneously making up shyt to combat the truth. Y'all are way past the battered wives phase, you're bottom bytch status
Imma tell you stfu and keep it movin :yeshrug:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
That dude is the biggest PC fanboy there is , so for him to have to come out and say this ...you know he hasnt been sleeping well.
Sony just keeps revolutionizing gaming like always.
I don't understand how he can be misinformed... He knows PC games even on an M.2 PCI 4.0 is bottlenecked by the OS. I have one. He didn't think to understand what a custom built M.2 can do if it was built to perform for strictly for a video game OS and the workload minimize for the CPU.

This is just the basic(Slight generalized) jist of it. Dude was caught talking out of his ass and not watching the press conference or applying common sense.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Imma tell you stfu and keep it movin :yeshrug:
Hey if I came at you in a way that made you feel uncomfortable then im sorry. I know nikkaz are sensitive, gay marriage is more popular than ever, I gotta be careful how I ask things :manny: all I did ask was...
Please showcase where anybody that would know has said that.
You chose to dodge the question, so you are free to leave :umad:
Still skeptical, but looking forwards to anything tangible. Won't know till it's out...
According to el oh el we know already

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Hey if I came at you in a way that made you feel uncomfortable then im sorry. I know nikkaz are sensitive, gay marriage is more popular than ever, I gotta be careful how I ask things :manny: all I did ask was...

You chose to dodge the question, so you are free to leave :umad:

According to el oh el we know already
In trumps America I got a real low tolerance for bullshyt. And you, my guy, are a king of bullshytters. Facts never convince a bullshytter, that’s L from wasting the time. you got it tho.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
No, Ram is still Ram. A storage drive is still a storage drive.

What the hell is wrong with y’all :dahell:
The process of transferring data back and forth from storage to physical memory is a facet of total IOPS, or I/O. Supposedly, one of the main improvements is to be able to transfer data from storage, uncompress it, and deposit it into fast memory (RAM) without touching the CPU in the process, due to a separate controller handling this action. So, the speed of the bus between the GPU and the SSD is directly important.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
No, Ram is still Ram. A storage drive is still a storage drive.

What the hell is wrong with y’all :dahell:
Do you even know how SSD/Hard drive work in general? Like even the Linus guy apologize ..but for some reason everybody is incorrect about this SSD except you :stopitslime:
Like an SSD on a PC can output at a 100x speed but once it actually reaches the ram ...it will probably only get those game assets at 5x speed due to all kinds of bottlenecks.
What Sony did was removed all that , so that 100x speed stays the same all the way. Thats the revolutionary part of it.

John Carmack , Tim sweeny , This linus guy have given the PS5's SSD praise but because it isnt the xbox's ssd ...they all must be wrong :mjtf:

Like even thanks to Sony's SSD there wont be any need of LOD. If you dont know what LOD is ,
imagine you're in a game and you see a tree , far away that tree will most likely look terrible but the closer you get to it ...the textures of the tree improves. This is done because due to the slow HDD , things that are closer to the player must be given priority instead of things far away . Now thats a part of the past , its possible for every asset to be shown in its highest texture.

ETa_f2WU4AU0i-G

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The process of transferring data back and forth from storage to physical memory is a facet of total IOPS, or I/O. Supposedly, one of the main improvements is to be able to transfer data from storage, uncompress it, and deposit it into fast memory (RAM) without touching the CPU in the process, due to a separate controller handling this action. So, the speed of the
Do you even know how SSD/Hard drive work in general? Like even the Linus guy apologize ..but for some reason everybody is incorrect about this SSD except you :stopitslime:
Like an SSD on a PC can output at a 100x speed but once it actually reaches the ram ...it will probably only get those game assets at 5x speed due to all kinds of bottlenecks.
What Sony did was removed all that , so that 100x speed stays the same all the way. Thats the revolutionary part of it.

John Carmack , Tim sweeny , This linus guy have given the PS5's SSD praise but because it isnt the xbox's ssd ...they all must be wrong :mjtf:
As I said y’all just repeating Sony marketing.

All kinds of inaccuracies in what you guys are saying. You clearly barely know what the fukk you are talking about. Just repeating the hype machine.

Yes the SSD will be beneficial. But all of this extra hoopla is mostly Sony marketing.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
In trumps America I got a real low tolerance for bullshyt. And you, my guy, are a king of bullshytters. Facts never convince a bullshytter, that’s L from wasting the time. you got it tho.
Bruh, I more than anyone in this forum EVER cares about information. I read egm, gamepro/etc because I enjoy reading and talking about these subjects. You wouldn't be here if you didn't as well. So when you're here if you can't answer a question don't bytch out, don't blame trump's America because America isn't worse off today than its always been. That was the weakest copout I've ever heard... Donald Trump's America is why I can't answer you Courtdog :laff:

I seen your response afterwards, and I seen nothing from the sources you quoted saying games will become smaller. Now either showcase where you got that or join @Barnett114 on the sidelines of life :banderas:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
As I said y’all just repeating Sony marketing.

All kinds of inaccuracies in what you guys are saying. You clearly barely know what the fukk you are talking about. Just repeating the hype machine.

Yes the SSD will be beneficial. But all of this extra hoopla is mostly Sony marketing.
Yeah , sony has all these people in their pocket. Like i understand maybe tim sweeny but everybody else?
tenor.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah , sony has all these people in their pocket. Like i understand maybe tim sweeny but everybody else?
tenor.gif
It’s not “in their pocket”

It’s just the messaging they want to present. Devs sign NDAs saying what they are allowed to talk about. It’s clear Sony wants to talk about the SSD.

And again, I’m not saying the benefits aren’t significant. I just think people falling for the new console hype. Every new gen we go through this hype cycle where consoles and their special architecture are supposed to outclass PCs and every time that’s not the case. And every time it’s Tim Sweeney leading the charge:mjlol:

All of these customizations to the SSD in the consoles basically boils down to more available ram, and less need for strenuous data management. Which is great, but on the PC side you can just get more ram and get more storage.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Like even thanks to Sony's SSD there wont be any need of LOD. If you dont know what LOD is ,
imagine you're in a game and you see a tree , far away that tree will most likely look terrible but the closer you get to it ...the textures of the tree improves. This is done because due to the slow HDD , things that are closer to the player must be given priority instead of things far away . Now thats a part of the past , its possible for every asset to be shown in its highest texture.
Like this is all wrong.

You don’t understand what you are talking about.