Epic Games had to rewrite parts of UE5 to keep up with PS5'S SSD.

PremierDaTruth

Oh well.
Daps
Can someone who’s a tech head explain to me what makes PS5 better than XSX? I’ve read that the Series X is like 2 teraflops ahead of it which I thought was the barometer.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
@Rice N Beans you're all kinds of wrong here. Clown shyt. Please explain why how this was possible at launch (demolishes your entire console argument)

Xbox was blazing fast and worked basically like how these next gen systems are touting. Not instant start but instant resume. And opening up new apps/ etc was damn near instant.
It’s cute seeing console peasants get hype over SSDs:dead:
I don't mind you calling me a console peasant because computer gamers have historically been nerds. And now your nerd time in the nerd sun comes to an end. I have ab SSD already in my one x and I'll have a custom SSD that shyts on anything commercially available on PC in a few months. What the ssd's will do for gaming this gen hasn't been done on PC so your statement goes to show your ignorance on this subject.

And just because I don't game on PC doesn't mean I don't know fukkin computers. PC gamers think once they pop in a game they PC literate all of a sudden :facepalm: I use to type 70 words per minute, I taught myself how to code. I was close to becoming Cisco certified once then decided I wanted different. I once had a job disassembling PC's. PC gamers in reality resemble smash brothers players at an evo event :francis:
you been doing that cloud shimmy for 2 generations :russ:

L box only delivers L's
And Sony panicked its own workers when it decided to join Microsoft because of this cloud. Then recently this happened...
Sony's relationship with Microsoft is "deepening"

But since you know it alls feed off each other, this reality isn't really true. It's 100% reality but you guys ain't ready to admit you was wrong for 2 generations now :wow:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
having to rewrite the engine, is basically another way of saying the PS5 might be hard to code for. at least if you want to take full advantage of the hardware

all this talk about streaming uncompressed textures means games could be huge. are they even gonna be able to fit all this on an optical disc?
apparently games are so large due to items having to be store adjacent to similar items so that they can quickly be loaded together (to reduce seek time). Game sizes SHOULD become smaller if they are optimized for the SSD. Whether that will happen and on what scale remains to be seen.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
apparently games are so large due to items having to be store adjacent to similar items so that they can quickly be loaded together (to reduce seek time). Game sizes SHOULD become smaller if they are optimized for the SSD. Whether that will happen and on what scale remains to be seen.
They've had deep dives into the systems, and they talked up how shyt works. Please showcase where anybody that would know has said that. I feel like you pulled that out your ass because I've never heard that and I follow this shyt. Smaller game sizes he says :laff: then for you guys to call him delusional while simultaneously making up shyt to combat the truth. Y'all are way past the battered wives phase, you're bottom bytch status