Epic Games had to rewrite parts of UE5 to keep up with PS5'S SSD.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Coming back to read this thread and and the hype nonsense you stans were eating up :wow:

@Rice N Beans even took a quote from here in sigged it up.

Now looking back literally EVERYTHING I said in here was facts and y’all was running with the Sony Koolaid AGAIN.

Sony stans a wild bunch :mjlol:

:therethere:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Blazing fast SSD with its amazing I/O throughput still takes 20 minutes to install Miles morales.

But I thought Sony stans said this wouldn’t be the case :dahell:

Somebody please explain???

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The process of transferring data back and forth from storage to physical memory is a facet of total IOPS, or I/O. Supposedly, one of the main improvements is to be able to transfer data from storage, uncompress it, and deposit it into fast memory (RAM) without touching the CPU in the process, due to a separate controller handling this action. So, the speed of the bus between the GPU and the SSD is directly important.
:mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Do you even know how SSD/Hard drive work in general? Like even the Linus guy apologize ..but for some reason everybody is incorrect about this SSD except you :stopitslime:
Like an SSD on a PC can output at a 100x speed but once it actually reaches the ram ...it will probably only get those game assets at 5x speed due to all kinds of bottlenecks.
What Sony did was removed all that , so that 100x speed stays the same all the way. Thats the revolutionary part of it.

John Carmack , Tim sweeny , This linus guy have given the PS5's SSD praise but because it isnt the xbox's ssd ...they all must be wrong :mjtf:

Like even thanks to Sony's SSD there wont be any need of LOD. If you dont know what LOD is ,
imagine you're in a game and you see a tree , far away that tree will most likely look terrible but the closer you get to it ...the textures of the tree improves. This is done because due to the slow HDD , things that are closer to the player must be given priority instead of things far away . Now thats a part of the past , its possible for every asset to be shown in its highest texture.

ETa_f2WU4AU0i-G
Mufukkas was so sure of yourselves:mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That Sifu thread got Xbots in shambles, i see.

"Why cant we have a hot new game?! "

mad-kid.gif
Same deflection as usual.

“I was wrong as fukk and made a fool of myself therefore other people are mad”

Like where the hell did y’all even get that from? :mjlol:

It makes zero sense.

Sony stans wild.:mjlol:

So do you care to revisit your comments in this thread now that we have real life performance to reference? Or no???

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Same deflection as usual.

“I was wrong as fukk and made a fool of myself therefore other people are mad”

Like where the hell did y’all even get that from? :mjlol:

It makes zero sense.

Sony stans wild.:mjlol:

So do you care to revisit your comments in this thread now that we have real life performance to reference? Or no???
im sure yall bump this thread or similar ones when Horizon comes out as well. So typical Xbot behavior.

bored-boring.gif

Halo really came and went lol.