Epic Games had to rewrite parts of UE5 to keep up with PS5'S SSD.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Y’all fall for this goofy hype everytime out.

Literally every dev that makes a game for PS5 will write code for the SSD.

Decades of gaming not one of you had even uttered the word I/O. Now all of a sudden that’s all y’all talk about :mjlol:

What do you mean? I/O has been a key issue the past two generations.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I keep forgetting console players aren't really up on who Tim Sweeney

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Stop playing breh. This your first time ever even typing I/O out on here:mjlol:

Yes I've seen it before. I don't live inside a stan dome like you and try to deny reality. :mjlol:

Be such a stan you completely neglect common I/O issues of the past fifteen years. :mjlol:

I bet your IQ test shows up as :mjlol:.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes I've seen it before. I don't live inside a stan dome like you and try to deny reality. :mjlol:

Be such a stan you completely neglect common I/O issues of the past fifteen years. :mjlol:

I bet your IQ test shows up as :mjlol:.
fukk outa here clown :camby:

like I said none of you clowns had ever even uttered the term until Sony started advertising with it.

That’s easily verifiable.

You trying to create a new reality just to stan for Sony :stopitslime:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
fukk outa here clown :camby:

like I said none of you clowns had ever even uttered the term until Sony started advertising with it.

That’s easily verifiable.

You trying to create a new reality just to stan for Sony :stopitslime:

The I/O subject comes and goes on this forum in various ways, mostly in its problems on console.

The extremely slow and poor install process has been discussed here before. Since even SOHH. When not even SSDs made impact on consoles... :skip:

Texture streaming become prevalent in engines in order to combat said I/O problems in console.

Downloads being hampered by the slow I/O so you get stuck waiting for the console to catch up.

Let's touch on something you have felt in the slow Xbox Dashboard that's gone through how many revisions to try and speed it up.

I know you guys don't play games, so those really slow app launch times really get the point across. But let's have you tell the story and nobody cares about any of the above. :mjlol:

:mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The I/O subject comes and goes on this forum in various ways, mostly in its problems on console.

The extremely slow and poor install process has been discussed here before. Since even SOHH. When not even SSDs made impact on consoles... :skip:

Texture streaming become prevalent in engines in order to combat said I/O problems in console.

Downloads being hampered by the slow I/O so you get stuck waiting for the console to catch up.

Let's touch on something you have felt in the slow Xbox Dashboard that's gone through how many revisions to try and speed it up.

I know you guys don't play games, so those really slow app launch times really get the point across. But let's have you tell the story and nobody cares about any of the above. :mjlol:
I said the term “I/O” was not being used here until Sony started using it to advertise the PS5.

Obviously SSDs have existed for a long time and people have talked about the benefits of having one.

But specific I/O speeds have never even been considered when talking about the specs of a console, and definitely have not been talked about in terms of power or graphics performance.

Got people saying the power/speed of the CPU, GPU, and RAM don’t matter no more “it’s all about the I/O throughput”

Sony marketing :wow:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I said the term “I/O” was not being used here until Sony started using it to advertise the PS5.

I/O is a broad topic and would be considered an umbrella term. Are you setting up the hill to stan on to be not explicitly seeing the term "I/O"? :mjlol:

But specific I/O speeds have never even been considered when talking about the specs of a console, and definitely have not been talked about in terms of power or graphics performance.

Larry and you have spent an entire console generation getting reamed for having inferior hardware - to which the numbers were at the forefront - and you're saying the numbers were never even considered when talking about specs. :what: How quickly you forget the GDDR hoopla.

The I/O capabilities not being talked about. :skip: I guess that ESRAM was really useless to you after all the pushing that was done on it. Those theoretical throughputs were never mentioned or posted. Nooope.

You're not even trying to hide the stannery anymore. :martin: Go back to the drawing board.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I/O is a broad topic and would be considered an umbrella term. Are you setting up the hill to stan on to be not explicitly seeing the term "I/O"? :mjlol:
That’s literally what I said. Can you read?

Larry and you have spent an entire console generation getting reamed for having inferior hardware - to which the numbers were at the forefront - and you're saying the numbers were never even considered when talking about specs. :what: How quickly you forget the GDDR hoopla.

The I/O capabilities not being talked about. :skip: I guess that ESRAM was really useless to you after all the pushing that was done on it. Those theoretical throughputs were never mentioned or posted. Nooope.

You're not even trying to hide the stannery anymore. :martin: Go back to the drawing board.
GDDR has nothing to do with I/O I think you’re confused.

Be a fukkin dummy brehs :martin:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
That’s literally what I said. Can you read?

GDDR has nothing to do with I/O I think you’re confused.

Be a fukkin dummy brehs :martin:

Attempting to be overly pedantic because you were wrong. :mjlol:

GDDR here does matter because it's shared system RAM on modern consoles. It definitely falls under the I/O umbrella.

I'd say you're fukking stupid but you know you are. Your 13 inch 480p TV has more pixels than you have brain cells.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Attempting to be overly pedantic because you were wrong. :mjlol:

GDDR here does matter because it's shared system RAM on modern consoles. It definitely falls under the I/O umbrella.
No. It doesn’t

Dummy

I'd say you're fukking stupid but you know you are. Your 13 inch 480p TV has more pixels than you have brain cells.

Crappy jokes too :francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes it does. Deny how computers work on favor of stanning brehs. :mjlol:
You clearly have no idea what the fukk you are talking about.

Each post is just ignorance. Let’s go back
DUMB:ufdup:

Install times have nothing to do with an SSD. The disc drive is the bottleneck here.

Don’t matter if you are installing to a HDD or a SSD the speed is dictated by the disc drive.

Dummy

Wrong and dumb, again. Storage drive speed has nothing to do with slow downloads. That’s all dictated by server speeds/loads, and connection strength/speed.

A SSD will not improve download speeds.

Then we move on to the dumbest shyt you said all along

You are confusing your marketing terms here.

The terms I/O and or Throughput have nothing to with RAM. No one would EVER use them to reference RAM or it’s capabilities.

RAM and storage drives are very different pieces of hardware with very different purposes.

You can’t just decide interchange terms and concepts between the two to fit an argument. :comeon:

So ignorant and dumb on all fronts.

But with such conviction:wow:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4